1,602 Reviews
 (1,167)

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what your are buying
The HP 301 is a very small in cartridge containing 4-mL of ink and costs between 7-12 pounds. It says it will print "up to" 190 pages from 4 ml of ink.

Consumers beware 4-mL of ink is only 4-ml no matter how you spin it.

A canon 520 black contains 26-ml of ink and costs around 8-12 pounds.

Now every one who bought a printer that takes the...
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by G. Smith

Published on 20 Nov. 2011 by STEVEN

3.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Black Cartridge, Low Page Yield 3mls (Starter Cartridge), 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.

1.0 out of 5 stars great delivery great service poor quality, 6 Oct. 2011
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
I began printing my work after about 8 pages it came up with low ink so i had a look and the entire back was gone from the cartridge.. it may have been a dodgy batch as the colour one was fine but i am sooo dissappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTMENT, 19 May 2013
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
I chose it because it was cheaper than the original HP but as it turned out it was not as cheap as Staples at the time.but not only that it did only half the average number of photcopies it was supposed to do. I would not buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible value for money, 17 Aug. 2013
fitnessmad (Lytham St Annes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
All i can say is that it advertises 190 pages for the cartridge and i got 43 pages (not even of full text)

Therefore false advertising, poor product and terrible value for money.

Wont go into the details of the levels these cartridges hold as many other people have done reviews explaining this.

If you still want to use HP products then go for the XL version of the cartridge (although you still dont get what you pay for but it lasts a bit longer) or go with a cartridge refill company for a fraction of the cost.

Failing that use a different brand. I have started using the Brother make of printers and i find the cartridges are much better value for money and most cartridge refill specialists do cheap brother cartridges for very little expense

Long term HP will cost you a fortune!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what your are buying, 1 Nov. 2011
G. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)

Consumers beware 4-mL of ink is only 4-ml no matter how you spin it.

A canon 520 black contains 26-ml of ink and costs around 8-12 pounds.

Now every one who bought a printer that takes the hp 301 has been royal conned by HP.

now to an hp 301 colour 6-ml of ink thats right just 2-ml of yellow 2-ml of cyan and 2-ml of magenta. 2-ml is 2-ml HP no matter how one spins it.

The product however is excellent at what it dose but like a cheap battery runs out very fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard HP301 ink cartridges, plus a couple of other items, 23 Oct. 2014
James Gamble (Watford, UK) - See all my reviews
This combo pack includes the standard black and colour ink cartridges, plus 10 sheets (less than half A4 sized) of glossy paper and five envelopes. I'm not sure I will ever use the photo paper and envelopes, but they are effectively a freebie since the price I paid was the cheapest I could find for the ink. Apparently you can download software from hp.com/go/creative if you are actually interested in using the paper and envelopes for the purpose intended.

1.0 out of 5 stars HP 301 printer cartridge, 15 May 2013
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
I purchased a printer cartridge HP301 (Black) a few months ago. I was impressed by the price and the speedy delivery from Office Supplies. I have only used my printer 3 or 4 times since I purchased the cartridge and only for standard letters. I used it a couple of weeks ago and the print quality was awful, it was faded and was illegible. I took the black cartridge out and shook it a little, re-installed it and printed again and the print quality was acceptable. I have used it again today to print off a two page letter and once again the print is faded and illegible. I took the cartridge out and shook it again but this time to no avail. I have had to use a lighter shade of black on my colour cartridge to print off my letter. I am surprised how poor quality this is and I probably should have paid double the price at Tescos and received a quality product. Very disappointed.HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge

1.0 out of 5 stars fake hp cartridges, 8 July 2012
N. Cortese (UK) - See all my reviews
These cartridges run out very quickly and my printer notified me that it was not a genuine hp cartridge. I am in the process of reporting this to hp also. I have received this notification twice now about two separate cartridges. DO NOT BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars H 301 colour ink, 13 Jan. 2011
Roy Hewson "B. Hewson" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have always used an HP printer and think their colour ink cartridges have a true colour match when printing photographs. The newer 301 cartridge seems to be less expensive than the ones for older printers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Really disappointed as had used this supplier before, 15 July 2014
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
Terrible. Really disappointed as had used this supplier before. Ink arrived and was marked with a sticker as Black Ink on the box but the box and the contents were of a tri coloured ink cartridge. I then looked at other reviews and this happened to a lot of other people who were also having subsequent problems with returns. I kept it as I will eventually use it but it was not what I ordered and paid for.