5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what your are buying
The HP 301 is a very small in cartridge containing 4-mL of ink and costs between 7-12 pounds. It says it will print "up to" 190 pages from 4 ml of ink.

Consumers beware 4-mL of ink is only 4-ml no matter how you spin it.

A canon 520 black contains 26-ml of ink and costs around 8-12 pounds.

Now every one who bought a printer that takes the...
Published on 1 Nov 2011 by G. Smith

Published on 20 Nov 2011 by STEVEN

3.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Black Cartridge, Low Page Yield 3mls (Starter Cartridge), 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what your are buying, 1 Nov 2011
G. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge (Office Product)

Consumers beware 4-mL of ink is only 4-ml no matter how you spin it.

A canon 520 black contains 26-ml of ink and costs around 8-12 pounds.

Now every one who bought a printer that takes the hp 301 has been royal conned by HP.

now to an hp 301 colour 6-ml of ink thats right just 2-ml of yellow 2-ml of cyan and 2-ml of magenta. 2-ml is 2-ml HP no matter how one spins it.

The product however is excellent at what it dose but like a cheap battery runs out very fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars fake hp cartridges, 8 July 2012
N. Cortese (UK) - See all my reviews
These cartridges run out very quickly and my printer notified me that it was not a genuine hp cartridge. I am in the process of reporting this to hp also. I have received this notification twice now about two separate cartridges. DO NOT BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars H 301 colour ink, 13 Jan 2011
Roy Hewson "B. Hewson" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have always used an HP printer and think their colour ink cartridges have a true colour match when printing photographs. The newer 301 cartridge seems to be less expensive than the ones for older printers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Jan 2012
I had orderd a new colour cartridge for 8.60. When cartridge was loaded, however, the ink had almost gone. I found this strange as the cartridge I had ordered was new. A waste of money and I shall not be ordering printer ink of Amazon again in case the same happens. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars hp 301 black ink, 16 Oct 2011
the product arrived on time and is in good condition.
i always order my ink with this co. and they haven't let me down.

1.0 out of 5 stars great delivery great service poor quality, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
I began printing my work after about 8 pages it came up with low ink so i had a look and the entire back was gone from the cartridge.. it may have been a dodgy batch as the colour one was fine but i am sooo dissappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars HP 301 Colour Ink Cartridge, 23 April 2011
Mrs. S. L. Archer (uk) - See all my reviews
This was the quickest and most cost effective way of buying ink. Package arrived promptly ( just as well as I had run out) and I cannot fault the system.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP 301 Colour Ink Cartridge, 31 Mar 2011
Nostalgia (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
What can one say about printer ink cartridges - particularly when your only options seem to be "do I buy recommended originals or cheap refills?" My preference has always been to go for the printer manufacturer's recommended original cartridge, but why pay full price? No cartridge seems to last as long as one would hope, but those I have purchased through Amazon's preferred merchants have always come up to expectations and, better still, if you recycle the used cartridges for cash, they become even cheaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge, 19 July 2011
This review is from: HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
This product suits me because myPC & Printer is the same product HP. If you do a lot of printing I suggest that you buy the XL. My only problem as with all makes of inks, they are far too EXPENSIVE!!

HP 301 Black Ink Cartridge