5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey but very long lasting
Buying in larger quantities is always better value, and this cartridge is no exception. I use my HP printer daily and this has lasted longer than any previous cartridge (having used smaller sizes and refills before). You pay slightly more for the XL version but the superior performance of the product makes it a worthwhile purchase.
Published on 29 Dec 2010 by L. Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
I bought this replacement cartridge exactly 1 month ago. No complaint about the speed of delivery from Amazon but it has already run out even though I had it set on Draft quality printing (which looked the same as normal). At 16 a go, this looks to be quite an expensive hobby.
I think I probably printed 120 pages with the XL cartridge
Published on 23 Nov 2011 by Orville

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey but very long lasting, 29 Dec 2010
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Colour Cartridge, Low Page Yield 9mls That's Just 3mls Per Colour. Always Use The 301XL's, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.
Its also a pity that Hp don't do a twin value pack on the XL's

5.0 out of 5 stars Best So Far, 6 May 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
Delivery was quick, does exactly what it should and has certainly lasted longer than the standard 301. Best price so far also.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 23 Nov 2011
I think I probably printed 120 pages with the XL cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts ages..., 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
Having had many printers over the years I know how expensive ink can be, this is good value & the XL version goes on & on & on.........

5.0 out of 5 stars 301 HP ink, 9 Dec 2012
Very good and lasts ages, but don't change it as soon as your told it goes on for ages afterwards

5.0 out of 5 stars ok cartridge, 26 Oct 2011
this was a good quality product i had one before but not from this seller and it was all the time streaky on the pages but this didn't so yes a brillaint quality and a reasonable price. very quick service too. no fuss no nothing brought it sent it and that's it all i want

5.0 out of 5 stars really fast very impressed will definitely use again, 13 Mar 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
was very impressed by how quickly these arrived and would definitely recommend and will be using them again in the near future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessarily expensive, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
The product was delivered quickly, in good condition and worked exactly as it should, so why only 2 stars? Because at some point in the year or so since I bought this, I thought I should try the refills at least once, because the price differential was so big. Since then, I've only been buying refills. Same quality (as perceived by me, at least), same quantity (each black and white and each tricolour last me about 3 months), just half the price. And, since they refill old cartridges, I suspect its better for the environment too.

Just make sure you buy form a highly rated seller and keep away from the guys who say stuff like "20% extra ink for free" -- that's the only one that my printer (HP Deskjet 1000) didn't accept! Other than that, give the refills a go. I've saved 60 quid already!

2.0 out of 5 stars HP301xl cartridge, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I purchased this, thinking it would do as good a job as a brand new one. It was specified that it was as good as new and it was cheaper than a new one. So I trusted it would do the job. Unfortunately, it lasted less than a month, with only moderate usage and also it lasted less than the previous one I had bought brand new. It is very disappointing, especially as the ink ran out all of a sudden, with no warning whatsoever, when I was printing some documents for my teaching job.

ARRAY(0xb6b86684)