Published on 25 Nov 2011 by STEVEN

2.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessarily expensive
Published 23 months ago by CRS

4.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Colour Cartridge, Low Page Yield 9mls That's Just 3mls Per Colour. Always Use The 301XL's, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.
Its also a pity that Hp don't do a twin value pack on the XL's

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey but very long lasting, 29 Dec 2010
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
Buying in larger quantities is always better value, and this cartridge is no exception. I use my HP printer daily and this has lasted longer than any previous cartridge (having used smaller sizes and refills before). You pay slightly more for the XL version but the superior performance of the product makes it a worthwhile purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessarily expensive, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
The product was delivered quickly, in good condition and worked exactly as it should, so why only 2 stars? Because at some point in the year or so since I bought this, I thought I should try the refills at least once, because the price differential was so big. Since then, I've only been buying refills. Same quality (as perceived by me, at least), same quantity (each black and white and each tricolour last me about 3 months), just half the price. And, since they refill old cartridges, I suspect its better for the environment too.

Just make sure you buy form a highly rated seller and keep away from the guys who say stuff like "20% extra ink for free" -- that's the only one that my printer (HP Deskjet 1000) didn't accept! Other than that, give the refills a go. I've saved 60 quid already!

5.0 out of 5 stars 301 HP ink, 9 Dec 2012
Very good and lasts ages, but don't change it as soon as your told it goes on for ages afterwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Best So Far, 6 May 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
Delivery was quick, does exactly what it should and has certainly lasted longer than the standard 301. Best price so far also.

5.0 out of 5 stars really fast very impressed will definitely use again, 13 Mar 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
was very impressed by how quickly these arrived and would definitely recommend and will be using them again in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 11 Jun 2014
I brought this in November 2013 and lm now having to buy a replacement in June 2014. This has been worth the money I print a lot and l have a son at uni and living at home and he prints just as much as me.
well worth buying this amount.

1.0 out of 5 stars hp 301xl ink cartridge-black, 31 Jan 2013
Mrs. R. Travers "rosie p" (jersey, c.i.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
I am sorry to say, that this doesn't even deserve the one star rating. considering it is the extra large size, it hardly last five minutes. when I started buying it a year ago it seem to last three times as long. now I seem to be ordering it at least once if not more a month.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a relaible product, 22 April 2014
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
the cartridge which is in theory supposed to last 480 pages ,ran out in under 150 =175 pages whereas other similar type of cartridges have lasted the stated amount of pages. supplier not reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, 11 July 2014
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
I am convinced that this was not a genuine cartridge or faulty :(

I used it about 5 times and then the printer was not used for a couple months. Went to use it and it would not work no matter how many time i cleaned it.

I have never had a issue before when the printer have been left.