Published on 25 Nov. 2011 by STEVEN

1.0 out of 5 stars not a relaible product
the cartridge which is in theory supposed to last 480 pages ,ran out in under 150 =175 pages whereas other similar type of cartridges have lasted the stated amount of pages. supplier not reliable.
Published 12 months ago by h chasmawala

4.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Colour Cartridge, Low Page Yield 9mls That's Just 3mls Per Colour. Always Use The 301XL's, 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.
Its also a pity that Hp don't do a twin value pack on the XL's

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey but very long lasting, 29 Dec. 2010
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
Buying in larger quantities is always better value, and this cartridge is no exception. I use my HP printer daily and this has lasted longer than any previous cartridge (having used smaller sizes and refills before). You pay slightly more for the XL version but the superior performance of the product makes it a worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars really fast very impressed will definitely use again, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
was very impressed by how quickly these arrived and would definitely recommend and will be using them again in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best So Far, 6 May 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
Delivery was quick, does exactly what it should and has certainly lasted longer than the standard 301. Best price so far also.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a relaible product, 22 April 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, 11 July 2014
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
I am convinced that this was not a genuine cartridge or faulty :(

I used it about 5 times and then the printer was not used for a couple months. Went to use it and it would not work no matter how many time i cleaned it.

I have never had a issue before when the printer have been left.

1.0 out of 5 stars and if they cannot help me override the error message to use the cartridge (which I am happy to try) then I am expecting a repla, 18 July 2014
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
Well what a shock I got when I installed this cartridge, and got a message saying that it was an 'older generation' cartridge, and that it was incompatible with my printer. I called HP support and they made me take the cartridge out and find the date on the cartridge, which they said showed that the cartridge was 1 year past its use-by date, and therefore 3 years old. I asked if I could override the message and try to use the cartridge anyway, since may items which are past their use-by date, can still be used successfully. However, HP were either reluctant to give me this information, or truly did not know how to do this, so I am left with a cartridge that doers not work in my printer. Interestingly, the error message also said that the cartridge could not be used in my (newer) printer, but it could still be used in older printers! I can only presume that the older printers do not have the technology to detect the date on the cartridge, and will blissfully and ignorantly continue to use cartridges that are past the use-by date, and probably do it successfully.
I have contacted the seller about this problem, and if they cannot help me override the error message to use the cartridge (which I am happy to try) then I am expecting a replacement cartridge that does not have an expired use-by date. Will post an update when I hear back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessarily expensive, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
The product was delivered quickly, in good condition and worked exactly as it should, so why only 2 stars? Because at some point in the year or so since I bought this, I thought I should try the refills at least once, because the price differential was so big. Since then, I've only been buying refills. Same quality (as perceived by me, at least), same quantity (each black and white and each tricolour last me about 3 months), just half the price. And, since they refill old cartridges, I suspect its better for the environment too.

Just make sure you buy form a highly rated seller and keep away from the guys who say stuff like "20% extra ink for free" -- that's the only one that my printer (HP Deskjet 1000) didn't accept! Other than that, give the refills a go. I've saved 60 quid already!

1.0 out of 5 stars Smudges on glossy paper, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
I need to print on sticky back gloss paper at times and this ink dose not dry or soak in as it smudges still after several weeks like white board ink. My genuine colour ink from Tesco is great with no problems and a different ink on an Epsom printer is fine to. Do wonder if this is not genuine HP ink.
I have just replaced this cartridge on 06/03/2014 with a Genuine HP ink from Tesco's, and guess what no smudges on the same glossy paper printing the same label. So my conclusion is this is definitely NOT A GENUINE HP ink cartridge. Now how do I get a refund from these cheats.

2.0 out of 5 stars HP301xl cartridge, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL - Black Ink Cartridge (CH563EE) (Office Product)
I purchased this, thinking it would do as good a job as a brand new one. It was specified that it was as good as new and it was cheaper than a new one. So I trusted it would do the job. Unfortunately, it lasted less than a month, with only moderate usage and also it lasted less than the previous one I had bought brand new. It is very disappointing, especially as the ink ran out all of a sudden, with no warning whatsoever, when I was printing some documents for my teaching job.