5.0 out of 5 stars Great for reluctant readers
Published on 26 July 2007 by Smile

3.0 out of 5 stars An Ok read
Been trying to find books for our 6 year old to read himself - but frankly he found this too quick a read and not that interesting! He was better with a proper book with chapters - like the Magic Faraway tree.
Published 1 month ago by Fairy Godmother

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for reluctant readers, 26 July 2007
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
I recommend this book to any 6/7 year old who is struggling with reading. Having bought virtually every book suitiable for his age, this was the first book my dyslexic 7 year old boy was happy/keen to read. I read a page, he read a page, without his usual reluctance. Storyline of child squashed by a notice board and then sent to America in an envelope (so his parents could save on the airfare) captured his imagination and he wanted to see what happened.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great classic, 5 Feb 2007
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
I read this as a child, and loved it then. Now, as an adult, when I read it I recognise all the little touches the author included to keep both audiences happy. The humour is quite dry, even dead pan, the turn of phrase restrained, but the resulting story of Stanley, flattened by his fallen bulletin board and forced to approach life in a new way, is one of the funniest children's books I've ever read.

I'm not sure why the publishers have dropped the original Tomi Ungerer illustrations - I thought they were great, and beware the disappointing abridged version which misses out some of the best bits - but this edition of Flat Stanley still deserves top marks.

4.0 out of 5 stars the brilliant flat stanley, 15 Aug 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Flat Stanley Pb (Paperback)
I love the story "Flat Stanley". My favourite part is when Arthur flies Stanley as a kite. Arthur, Stanley's brother, was jealous because Stanley was flat and could do so many amazing things, so Arthur tried to make himself flat by putting loads of big heavy books on himself. It didn't work!

Stanley was very brave because he stopped the museum being burgled. He did this by pretending to be a picture! When the burglars came he called for the manager of the museum. The burglars got taken to prison. Stanley became famous.

After that, people on the street started teasing Stanley about being flat so Arthur has an idea and he pumps Stanley up with a bicycle pump! Stanley was very excited and happy. His brother was very kind. When Stanley became round again, Stanley's family had a midnight feast of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top and cookies!

If I was flat, I would be a kite like Stanley and pretend to fly. I think Flat Stanley is a great book and I will I had the magic lantern story.

Emily Hannah Lipworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 7 Aug 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
The first in the Stanley Lambchop series has him turned flat when squashed by a bulletin board! This leads to several hilarious adventures, the best in my son's opinion when he is 'hung' in an art gallery to catch robbers. However, this is only the first and there are many more books to explore. Start with this one though - still fresh so many years after it was first published.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting book for juniors, 22 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
We enjoyed Flat Stanley because he was good at going into the most unusual places, like envelopes and drains. We particularly liked the way he travelled on holiday, if only we could do that to! - Juniors at Hollinsclough School

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a very imaginative book and we all enjoyed reading it, 24 Mar 2004
Ms. S. H. Jones (Johnstown, Wrexham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flat Stanley Pb (Paperback)
Thank you for selling Flat Stanley. It is a really great book. We are a class of Year 3 and 4 pupils from Johnstown Junior School, Wrexham and we all liked it.
Stanley is flat because he got squashed by a bulletin board. He has a brother called Arthur who says 'Hey' a lot, and who is jealous of Stanley. Stanley goes on lots of really exciting adventures, he even becomes a hero! If you read it you will go on an adventure too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flat Stanley, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
As a whole year 3 group we have been using the book Flat Stanley to help with our literacy work.
We found this book very interesting because it included lots of different adventures.
We really liked the part where his brother could not get under the door and kept banging his head!!!
We found the part where Stanley had to dress up like Little Bo Peep very FUNNY!
We would recommend this book to any other schools or class who would want to read this.
We are scoring this book 9 out of 10.
Year 3 at Holliers Walk Primary

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Flat Stanley, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
After hearing an American friend describe the book and how she visits parts of the world and sends a "Flat Stanley" to her nephew, I decided to buy the book for my sister's grandson. A lovely book and a good read and the recipient was really pleased with it. If I had to mark it down it would be because the glossy front cover does not prepare you for the black and white pages/pictures inside the book. For the target audience I would have thought coloured pictures/writing would be better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alex Seaman-Hill's Fantastic Book Review, 6 May 2008
L. Thayer "MRS THAYER'S CLASS" (Letchworth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flat Stanley Pb (Paperback)
If you like funny books then this could be he book for you. Flat Stanley is about a boy called Stanley. Stanley is a funny character. He has a brother called Arthur who is bossy and a little sneaky sometimes! The setting of the book is mainly at Stanley's house and especially his bedroom.

In the night his bullet board fell on him and his mum and dad heard the bump in the night and his brother Arthur woke up and everyone saw it! Stanley was flat! His mum took him to the doctors. How did he live his life in that flat state? You will have to read the book to find out! The Author made funny and interesting things happen at different times and every thing links in and makes it a great book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly my 7 year old son wanted to become "flat" ., 16 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Flat Stanley (Paperback)
It was a pleasure to read this book to my son. Stanely got up to so many exciting things which any young boy would love to do. A true classic.

ARRAY(0xa00c963c)