5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Cup Of Coffee!
We've toyed with buying one of these coffee machines for a while having had the filter machines then falling back to a simple cafetiere. This comes over as the entry level machine and at around £55 (when on offer) it is well worth the money.

Published on 11 Dec 2010 by Filthy Raider

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not brilliant
I bought this as a gift for my dad as I have a another brand of coffee machine and he has always enjoyed my coffee so I decided to get him his own one. This was on special offer so i bought it.
Good points:
* It looks stylish and is not as large as some other machines so doesn't take up much space.
* There are quite a lot of different types of pods...
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by cupcakechick

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Cup Of Coffee!, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Piccolo by Krups KP100640 Coffee Machine, Red, 15 Bar Pressure Pump (Kitchen & Home)

Easy to use, nice and quick and clean. It's also not much bigger than a normal kettle so takes up very little space and can be left out for easy use. I'd advise taking care with the plastic water holder on the back that you have to remove to fill as it's probably the only bit of the machine you might chance breaking. Other than that it's nice and sturdy.

You put cold water in and it heats it as it makes the drink. The coffe is nice and hot, but drinkable almost straight off so no hanging around waiting for it to cool to get your 'fix'.

If you have to make any moans it probably will be about the capsules and cost. Locally we can get 16 in a box for about £3.86 which is what? About 25p a cup, so not too bad for a pretty tasty cup of coffee - although you might need to invest in some smaller cups as some of the flavours are designed only to half fill a normal mug.

Where it comes into its own are the flavours with a milk capsule as well as the coffee capsule - but bear in mind you only get 8 cups from each box as you need to use both a coffee capsule and a milk one to get the coffee right, so around 48/50p a cup. These types, though, do fill a mug (although mostly with lovely foamy milk).

Nescafe have a very good site dedicated to the machine, and you get a sample set of capsules to start and registering the machine gets you points to get more. You need to spend about £35 to get free delivery on capsules, but to be honest, the way the wife is going, that should be no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little machine, 7 Jan 2011
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo coffee machine is attractively made (though doesn't have the finish of larger, more expensive machines) extremely easy to set up, and its diminutive size makes it an ideal choice for those using the machine in smaller living/working spaces. Simply fill the water tank, switch on, add a pod and flick a switch to produce pleasant-tasting drinks in seconds. To go with the small machine size, the water tank is also diminutive - holding enough liquid to make 2 mugs (3 cups) of your chosen beverage, so the machine is ideal for a couple of people, but if you have visitors or are planning on making lots of drinks you will need to refill the tank quite a bit.

So why not a full 5 stars?

Well, unlike other pods systems I have used, this doesn't automatically switch off (or switch over to an optional 'add more water' function) once the suggested amount of water has been added for each pod - which makes a bit of a nonsense of e.g. the suggested liquid amounts for the 2 cartridges needed to make cappuchino/ chocochino. As a consequence of the lack of auto-stop, you have to stand over the machine watching how much liquid is coming out, trying to guestimate the strength of the drink you're making and ensuring that your cup/mug doesn't overfill. Once you do switch the flow of water off there continues to be a fair amount of liquid inside the machine and this keeps flowing for several seconds - again making it difficult to gauge required drink strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine!, 4 Jan 2011
I decided that I wanted to buy my "coffee mad" boyfriend a coffee machine for Christmas, after reading countless reviews which varied so much on models that were twice as expensive I decided to opt for this little number and we think it is brilliant, as our first ever coffee machine I know we do not have a comparison, but in our opinion it is so easy to use, quick, easy to clean, takes up hardly any space on the sideboard, takes our existing mugs, and the coffee ranges all taste great. I am so glad I didnt opt for one that was twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Gusto Piccolo, 23 Jan 2011
Length:: 2:04 Mins

I've bought Dolce Gusto Piccolo machine about a month ago and I'm fully satisfied with it. Very easy to use. I've bought it mainly for Cappuccino and Latte and these are delicious. Also I like it's small size - it is not larger than my kettle.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 9 Mar 2011
This little machine is fantastic. It's compact so takes up very little space on the worktop, it's incredibly easy to use and very stylish. It's very easy to keep clean, there isn't anything that can get clogged up or yucky and there are no messy coffee grounds to dispose of- you simply eject the used pod and bin it. The pods costs around £3.50 for a box of 8 if you choose milky types like Cappucino or 16 pods if you go for Espresso type drinks at the same price so each cup works out to around 43p for a Cappucino or latte or just over 20p for an Espresso or Americana. The cons? Well the water reservoir is only big enough for one cup at a time but this isn't a major problem and it is a little noisey when in use but it only takes a few minutes to get your cup of delicious coffee so it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't recommend this if you entertain a lot, it's a one or two person indulgent coffee system. For the price and compared to other coffee pod systems currently on the market, I would have no hesitation in recommending this classy little coffee maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 20 Dec 2010
Chris Downing "Chris Downing" (Chippenham, Wilts England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've got a bigger one, but frankly I never need all that wtaer capacity anyway, so these new pod coffee makers are a real bargain. Same drink - less capital cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, 30 Sep 2011
At last a coffee maker that makes really hot coffee thank you Krups.I love this product it's easy to clean easy to use but I do think the coffee could be a bit cheeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Good-o, 2 Jan 2011
A christmas present for my wife, I can honestly say there was a lot of umming and arring whether she would like it or not.

On the day of opening, I was given a dirty look when I told her it was a coffee machine (as she thought it made regular coffee), when I further explained it makes many types of 'speciality coffee' she was over the moon.

On making the first drink, a Latte, we used a clear glass, and I can honestly say that it does everything it says and shows on the box.

It is also extremely great tasting!

And the most important thing? It is so SO simple to use: lift the flap, pull the tray out, put in the milk pod in, then reverse and slide the lever.... how easy can it be?

The only dis-advantage to this model is that the water container has to be re-filled after every drink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little kitchen gadget, 29 Dec 2012
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:59 Mins

My partner was given one of these as a Christmas present and so far we've been very impressed. It looks really nice and isn't too big, so it's not a problem storing it or moving it around the kitchen.

Setup was OK, to allow them to ship this worldwide there are no written instructions, just pictorial ones. After going through the setup cleaning process (which takes less than five minutes and lets you understand how to operate this) we popped in a capsule and gave it a go. Interestingly you can mix some the capsules to make different beverages, so first you pop a milk one in then you pop the coffee one in. We had a starter pack of six capsules to try but I see there are lots available on Amazon.

After use you do a quick clean of the device and then its ready for it's next use.

This looks really stylish, is easy to use, and it tastes fantastic. Just make sure you check you are happy with the price of the capsules as that's where the main cost will be in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, 4 Jan 2011
K. K. Matharu "DesiKuri" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a treat for myself as ive been looking for a coffee machine like this for a while. After doing some research to determine which machine to get (it was between the tassimo system and this) i chose the dolce gusto based on reviews and their website which to me felt more customer friendly than others.

After looking around (and waiting till the jan sales!) i found this model at only £45! Bargain! Brilliant service from Amazon meant i recieved the product much earlier than expected.

Machine: cute, quirky little machine, easy and quick to prepare, clean and use.
Pods: easy to use once you get the hang of them, great tasting drinks, lots of variety, can seem expensive but if you bulk buy on the dolce gusto website you get free delivery and bonus points to get more freebies!

My only gripe is the cup sizes, i have my fave mug which is huge so it took me longer to figure out when to stop the machine to get the right taste. However this is a small issue which can be rectified by testing and tasting!

Fully reccomend the piccolo as a stylish addition to any kitchen.