on 4 January 2012
I purchased my Magimix 3200 some years ago. The price back then was £135. It has grated whole blocks of catering cheese, made huge amounts of egg mayo, sliced potatoes for lancashire hotpot, mixed cakes, made pastry, minced beef and chicken, made pesto, shredded veg for coleslaw, sliced salads, made bases for cheesecakes and pureed veg for soups. The list goes on. Out of guarantee, I melted the buttons. Magimix collected the machine, put new buttons on it, serviced it and delivered it back to me. It cost me £50 but was much better than buying a new machine. I would definitely buy one again although they are so well made I think it will be some years down the line
on 12 November 2010
This product really is a kitchen helper. I used to own a huge Kenwood years ago and always found it to be out-of-place in a domestic kitchen ( at least too heavy duty for me) but this Magimix is so useful,a breeze to clean and almost as versatile. Very Reasonably priced. If you really get serious extra gizmos can be purchased separately, but this is enough for me ........ a great find!
on 5 May 2011
I ordered the Magimix 3200 and have used it regularly from day one.
It's easily attractive enough to leave out on the work surface and the
accompanying box with attachments is beside it. I use it for making bread (and never buy bread now)
and for smoothies, grating carots and salad stuffs and everything else it's useful for. There have
been no problems with it at all.
The 3200 is perfect for two people, although if we still had children at home I'd go for the 4200
or even larger.
I intend buying other attachments for it. Love it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 January 2011
Bought this for my son for Christmas. Neat design with the different size bowls storing inside each other. Quite heavy but that means it doesn't rattle while being used. Smaller capacity is good for average family.
on 5 February 2011
After my old (very large and cumbersome) food processor wore out, I spent ages looking into a replacement. Everything seemed to point to the idea that you get what you pay for. In the end, I decided to treat myself and go for the Magimix. So far, I am delighted with my purchase. It is quick, efficient and does exactly what I want it to. It feels sturdy, the accessories are easy to clean and the storage box is really useful for all the bits and bobs (you'll just need somewhere to put it, but if you have kids, bear in mind that it's easy to open so you'll need to put it high up somewhere as the blades are very sharp.)
The three bowl idea is good. Others have said they can be tricky to get together, but once you get used to it, it's fine. The only slight disadvantage is that the food can sometimes escape into the bigger bowls when using the smaller one. It's not the end of the world though and I just rinse the bigger bowl out.
My only regret is that I wished I bought the 4200 now - we are a family of 4 but I often cook in batches and freeze stuff so I could have done with a bigger bowl.
on 29 June 2011
From the moment you take this out of the box and try it you know that you have found a gem. Unlike other food processors which I have had in the past and either broke too easily and could not be repaired, or were simply not up to the job this little beauty really does the business. It is also wonderfully quiet in operation and so easy to operate. I'm no great cook but I made an excellent pizza dough at the first attempt. Processing vegetables or cheese is simple a breeze. The three-bowl option covers all tasks and more. The guarantee is long term and such that the machine will probably outlast me. In addition to everything else I purchased it for an excellent price and received three extra discs free of charge by doing nothing more than filling in a form and sending it to Magimix. Totally delighted with the purchase.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I've only used the food processor a couple of times since I've bought it, but I've been immediately impressed by the build quality. It really shows over the two cheaper food processors I owned before, both of which didn't last more than two years of moderate use before the bowls and/or switches broke.

The bowls in the Magimix are supposed to be made of a very tough plastic, and it certainly seems that way. They don't reccomend putting them in a hot dishwasher or in the dishwasher drying cycle, so I'll probably keep hand wsahing them to keep them in good condition. They clean very easily anyway.

The motor in the Magimix is very impressive too, and clearly a step-up from the machines I owned before. It's very quiet and powerful and seems to perform jobs in significantly less time that I was used to.

It's also worth noting; this is a fairly handsome machine and looks fine if you need to leave it out on a counter-top.

Overall, very satisified. My expectation is that this is one machine I won't be replacing after two years.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 March 2012
I lost the blade to my old Braun food processor, made in the mid 80s, and could not get a replacement, so I needed a new machine. I chose the Magimix as it was one of the few processors on the market that is still made in the developed world and a lot of the leading brands seemed a bit flimsy when I looked at them in shops, although I was not entirely certain whether the extra cost of a higher-end machine would be justified.
On arrival the first thing I noticed was the weight of the thing and it's reassuring solidity. There is a fairly comprehensive set of blades and three mixing vessels which helpfully nest to save space.
Since owning it I have given it a fairly thorough test. For fine chopping, the small blade in the smallest vessel works very well. This is best done on pulse to avoid whatever you are chopping getting pulpy. The grating and slicing blades also work extremely efficiently, reducing carrots and courgettes in seconds. There is always a few small pieces left between the top of the jug and the blade, but it is not a major problem to fish these out. The fine grater is excellent for parmisan cheese.
Also the egg whisker, (which I've not used on eggs yet) made quite a good blender for things that need folding together like a spinach and ricotta sauce.
I've also used the basic chopping blade to make crumble toppings which it does quickly and easily.
The dough hook was the one part of the equipment that looked to be a bit puny and possibly not up to its task, as it's not actually a dough hook (like those huge metal things you used to get on Kenwood Chefs) just a small plastic blade. I tested it on the ingredients for a medium sized loaf of bread, not really expecting great results compared to a hand kneaded loaf, but was just interested to see what happened. Even with the weight of the machine, I did need to hold it down to prevent it bucking around the work surface and initially it looked like the task had defeated it, but gradually all of the ingredients mixed and I got a large evenly mixed ball of dough, which baked into a surprisingly satisfactory loaf.
The machine really comes into its own with soups and sauces which it blends to a very fine consistency. The downside here is that the machine will leak a little if you fill it much more than about half way, if the contents are quite liquid. You can push this to about two thirds with mixtures with a thicker consistency. If you are going to be making quantities anywhere near the capacity of the largest vessel, then the bigger model is probably going to be more suitable for your needs. Personally, I chose this sized model as I have limited counter space in my kitchen and felt I could not justify the space for the larger one. I have only really found this to be a problem when I make large amounts of soups for freezing. For the kind of quantities for making meals for 2-4 people it seems to be fine.
The blades are extremely sharp which is a good thing, but wash them straight away. If you leave them lurking under the dish water and forget they are there, you may regret it when you put your hands in later - I speak from experience here!
All in all this is a capable and well made piece of equipment which I enjoy using. I think the build quality and performance do justify its price. I think the leakage with larger quantities is a design drawback, but if you are not processing large amounts of food, it is not a serious problem.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 30 July 2012
I have never owned a food processor before, but after reading all the reviews on Amazon, I bought the Magimix 3200 and am absolutely delighted, it would be a very brave person to try to wrench it from me now! It is good looking with clean lines, which is good because it is so heavy, it has to sit on top of my worktop. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and have used it several times a week already. I mainly use it for making salads (shredding beetroot, carrot, onions, cabbage etc) which was the reason for buying it. My hands are so arthritic, I can't use a hand shredder any more for anything except cheese. I am hoping soon to try out a few more things.

It took an hour or so of studying the booklet carefully to get the hang of it. I spent a long time trying to get the lid on the wrong way round! But now I feel quite an expert. One reviewer said that when they tried to slice something, it came out shredded. I suspect the blade was on the wrong way round! One way up it slices, the other way up, it shreds. I nearly made that mistake too. It's like everything else that's new, it takes a while to understand how to use all the bits and pieces.

It is a powerful tool and does a job which used to take me hours in a couple of seconds. It is also very easy to clean. I fill a bowl of hot soapy water before I start work and place the bowls etc. in straight after use. Everything just floats off in seconds. Since buying the Magimix 3200, I have never looked back.
on 16 April 2011
This is making my life so much easier. I mixed up three fruit loaves in one batch saving me hours. Now going to invest in the juicer to go with it. Also love the julienne cutter which I bought separately and another worthwhile investment especially for those dinner parties.