5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect movie soundtrack, 21 Jan 2011
. Hjartnes (Bergen, NO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Love - Soundtrack By John Adams (Audio CD)
Perhaps one of the best modern soundtracks released in a long time. All of the compositions are just so perfectly applied to the movie and are brilliant enough to stand on their own. The pieces are consistently great, put together and they form a near perfect album that almost never gets tedious like a lot of other movie soundtracks.
On the album you find songs that you only hear snippets of in the movie but are really wonderful pieces of classical music heard as a whole.
Not to be missed, much like the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edgy music for an awesome film, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: I Am Love - Soundtrack By John Adams (Audio CD)
I first heard John Adams music 'Nixon in China' at the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC about twelve years ago. Although I rarely remember composers' names or music titles,I remembered this one.Last year I read a review of the film 'I am Love' and watched the movie. Tilda Swinton and the director of the movie chose to use John Adams music, including parts of 'Nixon in China' as the score for the film. It is perfect and the soundtrack evokes the movie every time I hear it. If you like music with a bit of a bite, this soundtrack is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am Love, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: I Am Love - Soundtrack By John Adams (Audio CD)
Saw the movie and loved the soundtrack. The opening sequence is a cinematic delight.
Out of context, the Adams music is a little more challenging, but it grows. Ultimately, you either 'do' Minimalism, or you don't.

ARRAY(0xb156424c)

I Am Love - Soundtrack By John Adams
I Am Love - Soundtrack By John Adams by John Adams (Audio CD - 2010)