4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R (Watch)
I ordered this as my lovely Seiko Kinetic, which I had for 8 years, finally packed in. I had two straps fitted at tremendous cost and recently losing time it was time for a change. I could not justify the cost of a new Kinetic so...
This Accurist is a cracking looking watch with a decent Japanese movement: Miyota JS54 rated at +/-20 sec per month. I have rather thin wrists but the high quality leather strap has plenty of adjustment. Indeed when wearing, it has three holes left! This pleased me no end.
As a basic chronograph, it is a doddle to use. No alarm, or split timer, or light, or date etc. Just a basic stop watch. To be honest, I would not have bought it for the stop watch as it is a tad difficult to read unless your eyesight is A1.
However, I like a waterproof watch and 10bar will do for me thank you very much. The only downside is one that is similar to lots of other watches. If you need to replace the strap it will probably be expensive as you would not be able to buy one 'off the shelf'.
Nevertheless I am chuffed. It reeks quality, fits my spindly wrist and should last for years. Was delivered very quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, 10 Feb. 2012
K. Dale "Wishbone Ken" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R (Watch)
Good design, smart watch, would recommend to a friend. Bit bigger than I thought, the time changing knob can dig into your hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, modern design to look at., 26 Mar. 2014
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R (Watch)
Clear & easy to see display for normal time, but a little cluttered when trying to use any of the lower dials if the hour & minute hands are obscured. Nice thickness for the leather strap, although as mentioned on another review, it may be hard to obtain a replacement if damaged or worn out in the future. Screw down back to assist the 100M water resistance, although with a leather strap I image those that swim in sea or pool water while wearing this watch will be limited as if would degrade with the salt or the chlorine fairly quickly. Fits well on my relatively small wrist.

Major issue when mine arrived, although with the original release date of this watch I imagine that the reason it needed a battery when I collected it from a well known high st jewellers was that it had sat for many months on a dusty shelf. No instructions either but again I expect that is down to the retailer, not Accurist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurist watch review, 25 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R (Watch)
First time ever purchase of a watch without trying it on first. When it arrived, it was very well presented, good quality and very good value for the price. Heavy, but that adds to the 'feel ' of value. Looks good, comfortable but more a casual dress watch, rather than a practical sports watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 17 April 2012
Bruno Gomes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R (Watch)
I have mixed feelings about this watch. It looks good, it was a bargain for 70 pounds, and I own it for some months and never had any problems with it.

On the other hand, I find the leather bracelet too thin and the watch has a little of a cheap look to it, though I can't really point out why. Perhaps it's the black plastic around the dial, or the thin bracelet or how the visor gains a magnifying effect viewed from the side due to the thick plastic that's used. Maybe it's everything altogether.

I don't consider it a bad choice, but only because it costed 70 pounds instead of the RP of 150.

I find it a good looking watch, still far from astonishing. But, as far as aesthetics goes, it's a rather subjective theme and it depends on whatever one sees as beautiful.

Accurist Men's Chronograph Strap Watch MS825R