5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd invented this!
Published on 24 Dec. 2011 by Rita Chevrolet

2.0 out of 5 stars No Good
This so called self adhesive Dressing is as about as useless as anything I can imagine. It sticks to the skin ok but after only a short time it just falls off, I have tried it many times but its just useless and now I will just stick to the Dressing I have always used much better than this, by the way the lot of it is in the bin
Published 13 months ago by guyonet

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd invented this!, 24 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Hypafix 71443 5 cm x 10 m Self Adhesive Tape (Personal Care)
I have used this wonderful tape for many years for dressing retention and chiropody and there's absolutely nothing like it for comfort, flexibility, lightness, strength and stickability ( the nasty cheap stiff dressing retention tape dished out by the NHS is so utterly hopeless in comparison)...anyway, Hypafix is just brilliant for all sorts of uses both medical and around the house, and having different widths available is so useful as well. Five stars just aren't enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best adhesive dressings around..., 11 Jun. 2013
Frenchie "Francine" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have been using Hypafix for years. My son pulls his feeding tube all the time, so, I use Hypafix in conjunction with this this one. I first put the Mepore, then coil his feeding tube and tape it over with Hypafix. I usually change both dressings every day but I could wait longer. I also use it to tape on top of his nappy fasteners as he tends to unfasten it and throw it (!). I use it also to tape his oxygen tube on his T-shirt, at the back, and it does not leave a mark on the fabric when I take it off. So, as you can see, it is very versatile.

I will own up that I have used it once of twice to make the helm of a trousers as it has got a strong staying power. You just have to press really hard and slide along it, and it will stay for a long time and resist quite a few cycles at 40 degrees. I have used it also for mending little tears in clothes. Bit tricky but better than sewing.

But obviously, its primary use is a dressing, and it does the job well. It is stretchable and breathable and I have also found out that if you are allergic to the adhesive of certain tapes, Hypafix seems to be also hypoallergenic. My son has an ultra sensitive skin but does not get red rashes since I am using Hypafix.
Pricey but worth it.
It is also worth to mention that you may be able to get it on prescription. Ask you GP. I usually get one roll per month prescribed for my son because it is necessary for him, but I always need more, so, I get it from here too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypafix tape, 11 July 2011
Bought for repeat dressing of a wound in an awkward position on my foot - its capability to stretch in all directions plus good adhesion make it stand out over other dressings

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all, 24 Feb. 2013
Forget plasters thhat fall off soon after you put them on leaving a stickey mess . This can be put on and forgotten as it provides a breathable cushoning and promotes healing. It can be cut to size and flexible making it can easier to apply.
Walkers - if it gets wet it will still stick and not wrinkle, It has become a constant in my First Aid kit replacing both blister pasters and other tapes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Medical tape, 1 Oct. 2012
This Hypafix tape is in use at many hospitals and by the majority of chiropodists as of its resistand to allergies and its strength. If you have aorn on your foot and want to protect it and pad it the prodct is great.
The problem is that although it is very safe it seems impossible to find it in any of the major chemist shops. It was wonderful when I discovered I could purchase it through Amazon; it arrived quicker than expected and was put to immediate use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same tape as my physio uses, 31 July 2012
Physio at the hospital recommended this tape - same as he uses - what happened to hospitals supplying equipment needed to recover? Arrived quickly and exactly as described. Use for taping kneecap - good quality tape and does the job very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 24 July 2013
J. Weir (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This product exceeded my expectations. I need to keep a pad secured to the sole of my foot (particularly difficult in the recent hot weather) and apart from the tape my podiatrist applies, I have not found anything that keeps it in place. This tape does a wonderful job. I will be ordering more when this roll runs out, excellent product and prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 6 Dec. 2012
The best fabric tape out there. Really light, sticky and comfortable on the skin. Buy the wider version, more or less the same price and you get more tape! 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars FEEDBACK ON HYPAFIX TAPE FROM A COLOSTOMY APPLIANCE WEARER, 17 Oct. 2013
Your product has literally recently 'transformed' my quality of life. I have an Ileostomy/colostomy, and for years had to rely on useless strips (made by a famous plaster company beginning with the letter "E") with poor non-latex adhesive to hold things in place (they used to stick properly though years ago) The 'well-known' company ones come off after getting a slight bit of water on them in the shower. I wasted hundreds of pounds a year on them in Tesco, and they were not fit for purpose, they caused me incontinence and misery/embarrassment. Now I use your Hypafix plaster strip It really (thank heaven) to my delight holds my appliance firmly and is water resistant. Your product has as I said improved my quality of life now and I am really grateful. I am in touch with hundreds of Ostomy appliance wearers and will do my own 'unofficial' marketing of your tape as often as I can. Your product is the best thing medically to happen to me since having this operation to save my life in 1988. Thank you very much for putting a smile on my face at last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypafix Self Adhesive Dressing Retention Tape, 29 Aug. 2011
Really good product, done exactly as expected, and received within a good time period as well. No problems at all - would recommend to anyone.