4.0 out of 5 stars this is only great for untreated hair
my friend used it and already has her hair pre-lightened, disaster! it went a horrid orange/yellow uneven colour and was very dry,
I use it on my natural un-dyed/ lightened hair and it came out the same colour as on the box, very pretty platinum.
Published 10 months ago by sue ward

3.0 out of 5 stars you need to use 2 to get the colour on the box
If your hair is dark brown like mine was before using this, you need to use 2 of these get the colour on the box.
Published 23 months ago by fashionapple

4.0 out of 5 stars this is only great for untreated hair, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL 00A Absolute Platinum (Personal Care)
it does say ( in very small print) on the side of the box, "Do not use on previously coloured hair and after reading the rest of the reviews, this seems to be very sensible advice to follow,
I hope that has pre-warned and helped someone.

3.0 out of 5 stars you need to use 2 to get the colour on the box, 12 Mar. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous, 25 May 2011
Avoid this stuff as much as you can. I've been dying my hair for years and decided to use this colour to give my hair a bit of a boost and a nice colour. Read the instructions thoroughly and did the 48 hour patch test - all fine. Put the dye on and stuck to the instructions and timings throughout. Great colour result, however a couple of days later I noticed that my hair was snapping off big time - I couldn't even run a wide-toothed comb through it without hair falling out. Despite using the hair conditioner included and sticking the the instructions religiously, (as well as not having any allergies to the ingredients or anything like that) My hair felt like straw and was very very badly damaged. It took months for my hair to regain its normal state and I'm pretty sure the dye is still in there causing breakages. If you care about your hair a lot and don't want a lot of hassle (not to mention upset) buy another dye. Absolutely horrendous.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 Sept. 2014
This product is terrible don't waste your money.

I recently made the hectic descision to go completely blonde from light brown hair that had red tones in.
Anyway I used loads (and I mean loads.) of pre lightning dyes before hand and my hair was blonde but it was yellow in parts and brassy, I wanted platinum blonde so I went in search of a platinum blonde dye to finish it off.

Live is one those brands you hear a lot about and most people have great results, after my sister told me to use this I thought why not?
So off I went and bought it.

So I mixed it up with help and put it on followed the instructions when the time was over my hair looked no different at all my roots were the only lighter part of my hair a waste of money. I wish I had read reviews first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!! READ ME!!, 30 Mar. 2013
Right.. for starters its obvious that the colour thats shown on the box is not going to end up exactly right.. odds are you are going to get some yellow tones! But if you do get yellow tones thats because you didn't build the dye up slowly enough.
say you have medium blonde hair... you need to dye your hair 2 shades lighter evey time! then finally get to this colour.. I got the result i wanted! Its not too bright and its not too yellow... its a very nice natural looking bright blonde! Which is just what i wanted! This is definately worth buying! Dont have any second thoughts...

If you want colour to turn out perfect as it is on the box then die your hair blue before using!!! NO JOKE!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt use this.., 20 Jun. 2012
When I got this dye i already had light blonde hair, however it was more of a yellow blonde than a white blonde which is what i wanted. As I have seen this dye advertised alot on tv I decided to try it. After a test piece it appeared to be fine so i applied the colour and after approx 5 minutes patches of my hair began to turn orange which is noraml according to the booklet thing that come with it. But after 15 minutes it was still orange so i washed it out to view the damage. My hair was left noticably drier and patchy yellow/orange. After a string of 7 washes with a toner ( Touch Of Silver Shine Weekly Treatment 150ml) my hair colour had died to a yellow colour with patches of orange which sucked! Luckily a friend cycled to buy Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Colour 10.1 Ice Blonde which I used an it just about sorted my hair out and made it look alot better.
So i'm gonna say if you want your hair to be a really pretty light blonde do NOT buy this dye cause although the test peice appeared fine it made my hair orange, but if you still wanna go blonde use the Garnier dye cause it literally saved me!! :)
My hair is now unable to take dye cause it turns it grey which isnt really a good look!
Hope this helps :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely yellow.., 11 Aug. 2011
I used this product the first time I dyed my hair because I wanted to go from light blonde to platinum. I followed the instructions with my Mum but when we took off the dye my hair was yellow! Defiantly not the colour that was shown on the box! Stear clear of this brand!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 April 2012
My hair is originally Black, and it changed into platimum blonde, BUY GREAT PRODUCT! =]
I don't have any negative points, accept the delivery, but other than that i was very please with this product, i would recommend this to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad!, 14 April 2012
This product was really bad for my hair it went a yellow, white, ginger colour which was not good! i did what the packaging said but didnt work not good atall.My hair is a natural ash blonde.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Jun. 2014
Good colour result but complicated to mix

Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL 00A Absolute Platinum