5.0 out of 5 stars as a course work book for nvq level 2 carpentry
This is the best all round book i have come across
for the course i am doing ,NVQ level 2/3 carpentry ,it has clear diagrams of high quality, it is clearly and concisely written in plain language, I have had this book from the college library for weeks, I am going to buy a copy. This is a must have piece of kit.
well rounded in content, an exellent book in my...
Published on 6 Dec 2001 by robertbellar@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for DIY
I am renovating our 19th century house and thought this manual would enlighten me regarding joinery techniques and provide useful tips. Sadly, the book is not designed for that purpose and instead is restricted to a basic academic course format. It may however be worth five stars if you are undertaking such a course and need to cover a syllabus.
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by Phil-o-sopher

5.0 out of 5 stars as a course work book for nvq level 2 carpentry, 6 Dec 2001
This is the best all round book i have come across
well rounded in content, an exellent book in my view and my tutors, nuff said

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and interesting. Very usefull., 19 Sep 1999
M. D. Shaw "Arnak" (England) - See all my reviews
As an improver in the field of carpentry and self employed joiner I found the book to be an ideal reference source to correct carpentry methods involved in construction methods. There is a good chapter on basic tools and sharpening as well. This could definetely become a carpenters bible! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arnold Manual of First and Second-fixing: Carpentry., 20 July 2002
Jim Robson (Corby, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Written by someone who can convey the reasons behind the method,
in an easy to read and understand book. Excellent and well recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars It helped me..., 20 Dec 2002
Martin William Pender (BRIGHOUSE, W Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Firstly - I like this book. Secondly - How-to books, are about getting you from where you are, to where you want to be. For me, this book does exactly that, but I guess it depends where you are! The index at the back is logical, and that is a real plus. I needed to do these jobs for real, and this book showed me how. The one thing I am still not sure of, is exactly what first and second fix are. From the perspective of a keen DIY'er.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, well illustrated, 5 Oct 2010
It was a little technical for my purposes. However, it has many good points.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 16 Sep 2011
This is a fantastic book for anyone interested in carpentry i have just started my carpentry apprenticeship and find it very usefull i would gladly pay double for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book, 16 May 2011
I purchased this in 2008, to accompany me on my college course. very, very easy read and was taught everything covered in this book. if you are a decent diy`er then you could use this book, call yourself a chippie without the need for college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet again another fine book from Les Goring, 31 May 2007
D. Eglington - See all my reviews
After reading the first edition of Les Goring Manual of First and Second Fixing Carpentry i thought i had a good understanding of carpentry, how wrong i was. After reading the second edition i came away with an enormous amount of knowledge on modern technologies. The book has fantastic illustrations and is very well laid out, I urge anyone from a trade, educational or DIY background to buy this book.

This is a very good reference book that you will visit time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book for professionals, 18 April 2012
Very well written and explained, more than enough detail in order to be classed as in-valuable to the general builder, very neat ways of doing certain tasks that as a general builder o 12 years i would not have thought of doing previously. Very easy to understand and a good read even for the most experienced the roofing sections particulerly useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars First & Second Fix Carpentry, 9 Jun 2009
I bought the book to get some ideas for general work in restoration and have been really impressed with the book. It has all sorts of practical tips and for someone who missed out at school on carpentry, a very useful book to have around