5.0 out of 5 stars This is what I call 3D !!!
Yeah sure, I agree Avatar is the best 3D movie out there. But Megamind 3D stands in the similar place. The story is too good for any age to enjoy and the 3D just blows your mind. There is not only a lot of Depth in every scene right from the beginning titles to the ending Credits, but there are a lot of WOW moments and Pop-Out scenes through out the movie. Each model &...
Published on 3 Jun 2012 by lokeshbade

3.0 out of 5 stars An animated tale of Good vs Evil
Megamind features Will Ferrell (Anchorman) as the titular Megamind, an alien sent to earth from a dying planet. Once on earth, he is raised as a human but it's clear with his primary-coloured skin and oversized head that he isn't just a regular kid. His entire life he has been overshadowed & outshone by Metro man (Brad Pitt - Fight Club) - the poster boy of Metro City...
Published on 21 Feb 2011 by J. Morris

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
it is a very funny film that is good for the whole family. i watch it all the time. if you loved despicable me and madagascar then you will definately love this. totally reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Megamind is Amazing!, 8 Feb 2012
A Craig "Astronamy" (Mitcham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Well I have to say I think Megamind is my favourite Dreamworks film. I think Will Ferrell was a brilliant choice to voice Megamind. After seeing it once I was hooked and would greet people I know with 'olo' and start mispronouncing words. I think the film itself is very funny, yet sweet. The soundtrack is awesome and Back in Black by AC\DC works so well in it. One of my favourite parts that I was completely un-expecting is towards the end... The `Presentation' scene with Guns `N' Roses' Welcome to the Jungle blaring, I was wowed by that completely.
I would highly recommend this to everyone and anyone! You'll find yourself randomly quoting lines from it such as when I was making microwave people I told it it'll be exploding in the microwave of evil mwhahaha!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Mega, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
First off, I'd like to say the three stars reflect that this film falls short of expectations and hype. For me, any super hero animated film should try to be as clever and well written as The Incredibles... Megamind doesn't come close. My major problem was neither Metro Man nor Megamind are particularly likeable or believeable as superhero/supervillain and Megamind's journey through the film is predictable and somewhat dull.

It is funny in parts, and I did enjoy watching it, but in this genre The Incredibles set the benchmark others have to aim for and this falls well short. For me, Despicable Me did the whole 'supervillain with a twist' much better as, unlike Megamind, it used all it characters well and was well paced. Big star names doesn't mean a good film and this is the case with Megamind: too much time spent getting the stars and not enough time thinking about character.

Aliens vs Monsters and Despicable Me offer more laughs and humour while also having a decent story line. The benchmark film is The Incredibles. This film is okay, but for the casting and hype I wanted more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega mind DVD, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
This film is better than I was expecting, we saw it at the cinema and it is worth watching twice

5.0 out of 5 stars Camp, kitch and compellingly comic. (CONTAINS NO SPOILERS), 21 Sep 2011
Blackmale (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Doesn't need to be side-splitting, but gently bowls along to deliver ninety minutes of comic sincerity. Throughout MM keeps it simple with the result there is little wasted footage.
Smart thinking also dictates jettisoning the complications of back-story telling, by delivering the necessary context in a compressed opening five minutes of flashback. Job done? Now we can get on with the main event.

You can safely abandon the kids for this one, few will feel you are outside the target demograph which appears to be focus less on absolute years and more upon generation, starting with a pronounced bias towards the 80's and ending where FRIENDS (Aniston/Cudrow et al) begins.
While Mrs Brad Pitt was plain annoying in KUNG FU PANDA, Mr Pitt himself risks reputation and wins with a disguised send-up as the voice of the impeccably bred hyper-hero that is Metroman.
My hat also comes off to Will Ferrell, for a vocal performance that could only be bettered if the late King of Camp Kenneth Williams were still around. Ferrell was a loathsome distraction the day I was trapped in a long-haul airliner showing BLADES OF GLORY some years back, but today I'll take a generous mouthful of humble pie as I sit back and enjoy again and again his rampant cavorting as a farcical blend of Kevin Kline's "Otto" A Fish Called Wanda (Special Edition) [DVD] [1988] and the ROCKY HORROR PITCURE SHOW.
Tina (Sarah Palin) Fey could easily have stolen the show as the voice of the redoubtable heroine Roxanne Ritchie whose character is marked down only for the "ooh-so-yesterday" gender stereotyping - bug sized eyes, size zero waistline, etc. etc. Someday we'll give real girls a chance. Aside that, she's essentially-placed and a lot of fun.
Minion as side-kick is along for the ride and equally welcome for it, while Jonah Hill occupies the role of "easy target" - Hal, as we predictably up the hatred on all things ginger.
In the BLU RAY/3D era no animation review is be complete without reference to CGI.
The best demonstration of real progress made since Cameron's AVATAR is to watch, wait for the rain to fall, and then keep your eyes firmly trained on Roxanne Ritchie - definitive subtlety.

In truth Megamind could easily polarise opinion and I recall from our cinema outing that for the first forty minutes this could have been tamely leading nowhere. But the film rewards just a little patience, quietly collecting all the plot points to return them in a genuine conclusion that loses nothing for being obvious.

I thoroughly enjoyed MEGAMIND which, in DVD form, has been showing nightly gaining an extended run in our home-cinema, as one by one each family member declares it as a favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge hit!, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Bought the DVD for the summer holidays and all 3 of my children (aged 8 to 12) loved it, as did their friends! Funny with loads of memorable lines!! Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars He's bad to the bone, 11 April 2011
Mr. R. W. Graham (Lincoln, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Pixar in my opinion are the kings of animated movies. Dreamworks like most other animated studios films are very hit and miss but on the other hand Dreamworks are Pixar's nearest rivals. Megamind while it suffers slightly from a predictable plot, is a joy to watch and very very funny and is one of the studio's best animated films along with Antz, Shrek and Monsters vs Aliens and Madagascar. The film is a send up of superhero movies with Brad Pitt as the Superman like Metro Man in constant battle with his enemy, the evil Megamind voiced by a brilliant Will Ferrell. Megamind accidentally defeats his enemy and suddenly gets everything he ever wants but finds life without his nemesis dull so creates a new hero to fight but of course it all goes wrong and Megamind finds himself in the role of hero trying to stop his creation. It's very simmilar to Despicable Me but in my opinion this is the better film. A near classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars First 3D movie, 26 Oct 2011
This is the first 3D movie I have seen. I got it with a Samsung package ie smart tv 3d blu ray player glasses and sound bar and got the disc free!

Myself and my wife watched it twice, the 3d just blew me away, The movie itself is rather good and I will getting more 3d movies. I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega Awesome!, 12 Feb 2011
This movie is so underated and i admit i didnt bother to go watch it at first after seeing the trailer which made it look like just another forgettable summer kids movie but i couldnt have been more wrong,this movie has a great indepth story that adults as well as kids will enjoy even though i will admit that adults who watch it will probably love it more than their children,i have to say that personally i didnt enjoy the humour in despicable me and even found that film boring at times but im laughing every other minute while watching megamind,im so addicted to this film now that ive been watching it at least once every few days! It gets 5 well earned stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely mega!!!, 8 April 2011
Mrs. M. Lungu "itgirlno1" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this movie at the cinema and it is so absolutely brilliant that it will definitely be one in our DVD collection. It had the whole cinema laughing out loud. It has jokes in for adults as well as kids, so reaches an older audience as well as the younger ones, in the same way that The Incredibles does. Absolutely brilliant movie.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Megamind [DVD]
Megamind [DVD] by Tom McGrath (DVD - 2011)
8.47