5.0 out of 5 stars This is what I call 3D !!!
Published 22 months ago by lokeshbade

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Mega
First off, I'd like to say the three stars reflect that this film falls short of expectations and hype. For me, any super hero animated film should try to be as clever and well written as The Incredibles... Megamind doesn't come close. My major problem was neither Metro Man nor Megamind are particularly likeable or believeable as superhero/supervillain and Megamind's...
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by Yetifeet77

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what I call 3D !!!, 3 Jun 2012
Yeah sure, I agree Avatar is the best 3D movie out there. But Megamind 3D stands in the similar place. The story is too good for any age to enjoy and the 3D just blows your mind. There is not only a lot of Depth in every scene right from the beginning titles to the ending Credits, but there are a lot of WOW moments and Pop-Out scenes through out the movie. Each model & scene in the movie is perfect for 3D and the 3D works for the Big Round head of Megamind in many scenes. If there is any cross-talk or ghosting as some may talk, keep in mind that these issues purely depend on your 3D screen and set-up, but not the technical fault of the disc. If you love 3D as much as I do, u must have this in your collection. If u don't trust me, well you are going to miss one of the best 3D movies..Believe me there are only a few movies like these in which 3D actually works!!! Highly Recommended to all 3D enthusiasts..

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega movie, 24 April 2013
K. G. A. Alavi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film. Excellent animation great characters, cool story and it even made me laugh at the right times.

Megamind has always been in the shadow of Metropolises top hero, a generic superman clone (Metroman) with all of Superman's powers. First having his rocket knocked of course so instead of being raised by rich but stupid parents he is raised by crooks in jail. In nursery he realises the only way he can beat his arch rival is by being bad a making him his nemesis. As you might have guess from the title Magamind is super smart but clumsy "evil" but his heart is in the right place. After year of planning scheming and battling what happen if he finally wins? Without a worthy hero out there Magamind must redefine himself, especially if he is to get the girl of his dreams. Not everything is at is seems.

A great film, if you like superheroes, comedy, or just great stories this is well worth watching Megamind has the perfect balance brilliance, comedy, slapstick, and action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film!, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved this film. It's fast paced and full of laugh out loud moments as well as more subtle humour. I actually wanted to watch it again as soon as it had finished! I'm not a Will Ferrell fan as he usually does over the top, slap-stick humour, but he was perfect in this and I actually found his character very sweet as well as hilarious.

I really don't think that this film should be compared to "Despicable me" (which I personally found flat and a bit boring) just because of one idea in common. The style, storyline and feel of the films are miles apart. Megamind is still original and is a clever, fun film. I would say that Megamind is aimed more at adults as a lot of the comedy is in the script rather than visual.

I'm really glad I bought it and I will be re-watching it several times. I was expecting it to just be ok but it's the most entertaining film I've seen in a while and stands head and shoulders above many other animated features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Mar 2012
JS "JS" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
My 4 year old son loves this film and so do I. Even my husband loves the soundtrack. One of the funniest, cleverest animated films I've seen in a long time. Will Ferrell can annoy me in some of his films but he was excellent as the voice of Megamind. I love Tina Fey generally and Brad Pitt - well he's Brad Pitt? What's not to love. There are some fantastic lines for the adults while it still maintaining its innocence for the kids. Loved the mispronunciations. Took me ages to get the melancholy bit! Well worth a watch and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent children's movie, 27 Nov 2011
We also got this DVD as part of the Samsung Smart 3D TV package. The effects are impressive. My 9 year old and 11 year old were compelled to jerk their heads backwards at some of the out of screen effects. We watched this with the active 3D glasses and we weren't disappointed. It was as good as anything we've experienced at the cinema. The story was good, with cameo appearences from 'Marlon Brando'. It was a film that parents enjoyed as much as children- being brought up watching the early Superman films at the cinema it brought back memories. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 19 April 2012
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
A great movie for all the family, with some lovely touches for grown ups and children.

Two children from different planets are evacuated (as per Superman), one gets all the luck and becomes a superhero (Metro), the other gets all the bad luck and becomes a supervillain (Megamind) and the two are locked in never ending combat as the supervillain plots to destroy the superhero. After many failed attempts he succeeds only to find that life without challenge is deadly dull and he tries to spice it up by creating a new superhero to give him a challenge, which as you might expect, doesn't exactly go to plan...

The movie has everything you'd expect. Great effects, humour, love interest, disasterous ideas and some nice twists.

Definitely worth watching and we'll definitely be watching again

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant Megamind, 27 Feb 2012
J. Hobbs (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Love this film great family [adult) entertainmen at reasonable price tag! kids have watched it over and over again lots of laughs with this cartoon humour and smooth animation

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love it, 20 Feb 2012
E. Ramshaw - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
I am not a lover of kids films and usualy have to be forced to endure them but within minutes of sitting to watch this little gem i was laughing out loud and giggling away with the kids as was my husband, our ten year old and 14 year old. i wanted to dislike it but loved it.best dvd ive bought in a long time and has been watched so many times i fear we may need to buy a new copy soon !
its the age old story of evil v's good only this time evil is pretty damn bad at his job but in his defence is loveable and never gives up his fight for evil to reign supreme. mind you as we all know sometimes when we get what we wish for its not what we had hoped for !
some classic lines which we all often use here.
hilarious from start to finish.i urge you to give this film a chance and trust me you wont regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
Best film i have seen in a long time. Find something new to laugh at every time i watch it. My daughter absolutely loves it. Highly recommended :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Megamind [DVD] (DVD)
it is a very funny film that is good for the whole family. i watch it all the time. if you loved despicable me and madagascar then you will definately love this. totally reccomend it!

ARRAY(0xab8f7eac)

Megamind [DVD]
Megamind [DVD] by Tom McGrath (DVD - 2011)
3.00