5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable from the box
I normally have difficulty with shoes not fitting the width, or if I go up a size moving around too much. As such I was quite wary of buying online without being able to try them on first. These however were perfect, fitting comfortably straight out of the box. Will certainly look for similar when I next need a pair of shoes.
Published 21 months ago by P. King

2.0 out of 5 stars should have followed other reviews
I was looking for replacement Rockport shoes. Although described & branded as UK size 9.5 ( EU size 44 ) the shoes delivered were way oversize, I guessing size 13,14.
Published on 6 Dec 2012 by davidg

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, a bit long!, 16 Feb 2011
Fraser the Frank Fish "paul m" (Benfleet) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Rockport Men's Macudam Shoe (Apparel)
Just got my new Rockport's and my first immpression was "Wow, they're long!". The Macudam style seems much longer than the Tanworth, but the width and comfort are pretty much the same, and they have the same Adiprene insole. The style is as shown; nice, straightforward and simple. "Rockport" is embossed at the top of the tongue but not really noticeable.

As with my previous Rockport's I can wear them straight out of the box with no discomfort, rubbing or blistering.

Quite a few people have commented on Rockport's sizing and although the listing does say 9.5 UK, the box however says US UK 9.5 (obvioulsy can't be both). Either way, they are the European size 43 which according to my google search is a 9.5 in a US and either a 8.5 or 9 in the UK.

What this neglects though is the width of the fitting. The Rockport's I have bought from Amazon have always been "W" fittings - wide I imagine, and this means that I can get away with a smaller size. If I was buying from Next, for example, I need at least a 10.

Overall 4 stars, nice plain and comfortable, however they lose a star for the clown-style length!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely hard wearing and comfortable, 12 Feb 2014
JohnnyP5000 (London, England) - See all my reviews
I'm on my second pair of these.

My first pair where size 8 and felt pretty spot-on size wise.

8 wasn't available when I tried to buy another pair, so I took a risk on a size 7.5 which also seem (after 3 weeks) to be a great fit.

I have a lot of trouble with the outside edges of my heels wearing out. I recently destroyed a pair of Hush Puppies in a month (I do a lot of walking in my job).

The soles on these are as hard wearing as any I can remember ever owning. My last pair were still okay after 5 months (sole wise) and it was only because they started looking scruffy on the uppers that I decided to bin them (more down to me not looking after them than anything else).

Did I mention they are comfortable? They are. Even more so than my Merrell walking shoes. I have pretty wide feet too, so it's amazing that a shoe of this design is still comfortable for me.

You can see what they look like for yourself. I really like the style, but it won't be for everyone.

The only downside are the laces. My first pair snapped after about 4 months and I wasn't able to find a replacement which matched exactly. It wasn't a huge deal and not enough to knock a star off.

To sum up, these are the best "formal" shoes I've ever owned. They are comfy and very hard wearing.

Oh, and at about £33 they are a stupendous bargain. Just ordered pair number three!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, but de size..., 22 July 2013
Good looking shoe, very comfortable, nice finishing outside and inside. But be careful with the size. I bought a EU 41, I received that number, but looks like a EU 41,5.
Don’t buy to the summer. It’s a warm shoe.
Overall it’s a very good shoe, at a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars long, smart, comfy, 19 July 2013
Amazon have hopefully sorted out the size issue, I ordered a 9.5, and got a 9.5UK/44EUR. so Happy. I suffer from pain in the arch, but these are so generously sized, I had room for a gel insole, so added to the adiprene, and these have eased the pain immensely, and look very smart. The colour in the photo is faithful to real life, and goes well with any suit. The soles are grippy without being heavy, overall, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars COMFORT for President!!!, 23 Jan 2012
The Adiprene sole by Adidas makes these Rockport series the most comfortable I've ever rock. A great idea for the shoe world!!
Plus, this model is quality nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size delivered, 8 Mar 2011
Although described as UK size 9.5 ( EU size 44 ) the shoes delivered were US size 9.5 which is equivalent to EU size 43. A pity - as I like Rockport shoes which are very hard to find in UK retail outlets. The returns policy did not allow replacement with the correct size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality shoes but you need to downsize, 28 Jun 2014
These shoes feels really comfortable and looks of good quality, while the only issues is the size, it's way too big!! I bought these for my dad who wears UK7.5/EU41. However, these fits my UK9/EU feet perfectly! So downsize before you buy them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good all round, 25 May 2014
Quite wide fitting however they are very comfortable and for the discounted price I paid a great shoe would recommend if you want a wide fit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›