5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, good value
Published on 6 Sep 2010 by Mr. J. Statham

3.0 out of 5 stars Great whilst they lasted
Loved them - good balanced sound with decent base. Not the most comfortable but enough to keep them. Dissapointed they lasted only 18 months with minimal use - hence the 3 stars.
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by maxy75

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, good value, 6 Sep 2010
Mr. J. Statham "j1mbo1401" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DREX300IPB Made for iPod Headphones with Quality Sound (Electronics)
After trying Klipsch's more expensive S4i iPhone compatible 'phones, these are cheaper, more comfortable, have better sound and feel better made. Even the case (although different to the one pictured) is better. I have had a series of Sony in-ears over the past few years and these don't disappoint. The only thing I would change is that I like the non-symmetrical cabling of other Sony's (that goes round the back of the neck) and these are even lengths, but that's personal preference. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and great with Siri and iPhone4s, 13 Nov 2011
I wanted some decent sounding 'phones that I could also use as a handsfree kit in the car, and to control the iPod functions on my phone. I couldn't find any information on whether these were compatible with the iPhone 4 or 4s - I can confirm they work beautifully with my 4s and I can chat to Siri to my hearts content!

Soundwise they're very good, I am extremely fussy and usually go for Bose or Shure but I'd still give these 9/10 and for the price they really are excellent. They get a fairly hard life with me stuffed into bags and pockets at work and left lying around on desks so I didn't want to take super-expensive kit with me. The come with a case (sort of covered card box thing) and a cord wrap but to be honest I don't bother with them. There are the standard choice of three earphone sizes so you can find out what fits your lugholes.

I've very happy with them and would recommend to iPhone owners!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great featres..., 11 Sep 2012
Having used various iPods and iPhones since they first appeared, I can definately say that these are the best earphones I have used that don't cost stupid amounts of money. They use the usual press fit in-ear fitting system to provide sound isolation in the ear canal so you get very good sound suppression for ambient noise. The sound quality is very good - at least as good as products costing 3 times the price with deep solid base, good mid range and acceptable low end. The phone call quality is also very good - I was able to take a call in a busy (and noisy) train carriage without any problem. This product also has the added benefit if having a nice hard(ish) case to store the earphones in, and a right angle 3.5mm jack which protects agains accitdental bending of that vulnerable part of the product and it also comes with a handy cable tidy to enable you to wrap up unneeded lengths of the cable making it neat and tidy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great whilst they lasted, 20 Jan 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is great, 21 April 2013
Wanted better sound than the standard Apple headphones - which I probably got, but just couldn't get used to the earbuds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate all rounder, better out there..., 13 Mar 2013
Not bad earphones but I find the bass to midrange much too pushed compared to other headphones I have owned (Klipsch S4i, S4i ii, RHA MA450i). Also the mic isn't that great with my partner complaining that I sound muffled and like I'm "in a tunnel" (which I wasn't :)

Build quality is fine if a little meagre - the cables are the thinnest I have ever seen. Right angled mini-jack is a plus.

Weirdly the remote is on the left cable, different to any other earphones I've ever used.

Overall, adequate all-rounders and not many people complain of them failing early so I'm expecting good longevity, however I prefer the RHAs and the Klipsch S4i for much better sound.

EDIT: after a couple of months use I am more impressed with these headphones. The mic problem I referred to earlier was a problem with my phone so I have upped my rating from 3 to 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough bass for the dance music, 24 Aug 2012
i like to listen to dance, progressive house/vocal trance music. I had old earphones sony Ericson h77 and they have much better bass than this one. if you want good bass look for another model. i am going to order new earphones with deep bass Sony DRXB22IP Premium XB Monitor Earbuds, it was difficult to find them and there is another model with mic as well Sony DRXB23vp for adnorid. i also tried sony xba-3 which are more clear and higher pitch than Sony DRex300IB but no bass at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Sounds Sweet., 15 Jun 2011
Vikki (Truro, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Brilliant, good bass, I was using iPhone headset before I got this and there is a big difference, the Sony ones r awesome :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Jan 2014
Great headphones.

The dynamics of the sound is excellent and suits me to a tea.

Comfort is achieved as there are a few different sized rubber buds.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these headphones, 26 Nov 2013
I love these headphones. The clarity of sound is great and the bass is really excellent. I use these all the time on my daily commute and being able to control the iPod without having to get it out of your pocket is really convenient. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because one of the headphones stopped working after 8 months which seemed a little soon. However, Amazon replaced them with no questions and so this is only a really minor complaint. If you are not so bothered about bass and are looking for really high clarity of treble, then I can also recommend the Sony XBA-C10 XBA as an alternative.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›