5.0 out of 5 stars Music Production Greatness
This production software is simple and easy to use. It is easy to follow and for people who want to record basic stuff in a reliable way it is good.
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by skeezy

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of options - if only it would recognise USB!
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by Governess

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of options - if only it would recognise USB!, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
This looks a very good piece of software for the price. It isn't too difficult to understand; it's quite intuitive, even though I hadn't used anything like it before - editing, effects, all great. What it won't do is recognise any of the input ports on my PC! I have a USB guitar jack, and a USB keyboard that audacity can find straight away (so it's obviously not a problem with the ports themselves), but Acid can't. I can't configure anything to input as a midi controller - it doesn't give me an option to search; and doesn't show them in the 'preferences' set up. So I now have the rather silly position of having to record stuf in audacity, save it, then copy it into Acid to work on it. There must be a way round this! But i't not obvious. Hence the three star review. I'm sure I'll be very happy with it once I can get it to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music Production Greatness, 3 Oct 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 July 2011
K. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
When I first loaded this up and started playing with it, I couldn't quite believe that it was really this cheap. I kept discovering layers and layers of things it could do - a month later and I still haven't really found its limits, not for the kind of music I write anyway. It's completely addictive, and I can easily lose an evening in exchange for a pretty compelling dance track or two. If you're a budding DJ without the benefit of a deck, this is a pretty fine alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABMUSICAL, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
This is an amazing piece of software, many people would use it for casual than professional, but i was only after casual. I'm the sort of person who likes to do this sort of thing in their spare time. There are so many loops, and things with bases, kick loops, snare loops, drum frills, guitar, piano, percussion loops etc.. At the start I found it a little hard to find but you go to the disc (So coming out of documents etc...) then contents and then loops or something along those lines. My friend down the road has the older version and i loved that and thought, hang on i fancy getting that for myself. It's very easy to control and not hard, also there is a tutorial for all sorts of problems, you just click the problem you have! Fantastic, definately recomended for people who only want to use it for CASUAL use, not professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
I have Acid Pro 3 but thought I would try the demo version of this as a comparison. When I purchased Acid Pro 3 several years ago it cost me about 250. This version, called Music Studio 8 is now more powerful than my older Pro version and currently only costs 18.99 here on Amazon. What an absolute bargain! Even at its RRP of 49.99 it would be a bargain.That's progress for you.As a remixer, I needed the Pro version because of the beatmapper, which calculates the tempo of a song. This is now included in this version and also has the benefit of an excellent variety of vst and dx plug in and effects, softsynths and MIDI. I've not had chance to take this to its full potential yet, but it seems amazingly impressive.I'll use the program until its 30 day expiry date, and I'm sure Amazon will be receiving another order from me very shortly.I can also recommend Sony Vegas studio 10 platinum for video editing...another absolute bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Win 7 compatability, 9 Nov 2010
A. W. Box "AWB" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
I would love to able to give a review but due to the fact that it either locks up or will not even load it is impossible to do so. No it is not my PC that is at fault as everything is up to date. This is a known problem but the method of getting around it is so complicated that there is obviously a flaw in the code.
Update Day 2; I reckon the flaw lays at the feet of the Sony servers. Having given up after 4.5Hrs of frustration I tried on this second day, I did not use the disc but did a straight download from Sony updates then using the code that came with the disc I was up and running in about 10mins.
The program is pretty complicated for a novice (I bought it for my son,14 to compliment his school work.) between us we have made a good start. I suggest you print out all the manuals and help files (pdf files) as it is a lot easier than reading off the screen.
Now I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
Simple, easy to use and very cost effective. It does what is says on the box and in the script.

5.0 out of 5 stars What else can you expect !, 18 Aug 2013
Mr. J. F. Rogers "Jolly John" (Southampton, Hants UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
What else can you expect from SONY - I use a Fender Strat through a Fender Mustang amp and through a Beringer interface. This gives me the true Fender sound

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony Music Studio 8 (PC), 30 Oct 2011
PRSMITH "Gadget Man" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
Nice program especially for beginners in music creation - potentially a great music writing tool allowing you to create basic music patterns and structure, and allows you to add your own wave patterns and midi stuff. Takes a while to learn but worth it in the end. Unfortunately 3 stars as it does not support midi sync to my master 16 track recorder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain entry into music recording, 26 Sep 2011
BlueLaguna (North Shields, Tyne & Wear UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) (Software)
I bought this in order to be able to exchange files with a friend who writes his own songs and records them using it, and I'm putting together some additional contributions. From the demos he's put together it's clearly a very capable piece of software at a bargain price.

As far as I can tell, there is no value in buying any particular boxed version as updates are provided by Sony to licensed users. I actually downloaded and installed the trial version from the Sony web site and only used the purchased version as the source of a valid license key with which to activate and register the software.

Sony Music Studio 8 (PC)
Sony Music Studio 8 (PC) by Sony Creative Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
21.89