4.0 out of 5 stars Stuck this on an EEEPC901
Maybe it is because the eeepc internal antennas are terrible (they are I can be right next to a router and get 2 bars). But I added this and the range of my EEEPC grew considerably such that I can sit in the garden even a few houses away and still get a decent usable signal.

Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Leo

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work
To put it quite simply it just did not work. No difference in reception what so ever. Added to this the weight of the antenna kept pulling the modem over. All in all a total waste of money!
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by swesty

4.0 out of 5 stars Stuck this on an EEEPC901, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: +9.5dBi Omni 2.4GHz WiFi antenna with RP-SMA for Netgear, Belkin, Buffalo, D-Link, Alfa Routers & Adapters (Electronics)

Be wary though as this antenna is actually VERY big. longer than the EEEPC901 completely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 28 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars new antenna, 18 Nov 2011
I was having difficulty in getting a wireless signal to my workshop at the end of the garden - about 80 feet from the router. I even tried a wireless repeater but that didnt work. I have a linksys ethernet adapter with 2 arials in the PC with 2 short antenna. I bought one of these longer antenna and it boosted the signal by an extra 2 bars so I bought another and ended up with 'excellent' or 'very good' wireless signals - 4/5 bars. So before you buy a repeater try these first.

Note - I found the signal best when I put the PC tower on its side with antenna pointing upwards and near the top.

1.0 out of 5 stars No better than the stock antenna, 7 Sep 2012
With my TP-Link router, this antenna is no better than the one that ships with the router - but its so big & heavy it makes the router fall over, so I've gone back to the one it came with.

2.0 out of 5 stars 9.5dbi Antenna, 15 Jan 2012
While I feel this Antenna can be very good in my case it didnt do much for me
I was Hoping that it would boost the range of my D link wifi router giving me
a greater signal into my bedroom alas that never happened the signal remained the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Improvement found, 6 Aug 2013
I have added these antennae to draytek router and have found a noticeable improvement in areas of the house where the signal strength was lower than I would like it to be. inSSIDer shows around a 8dbm improvement in signal stregnth.

The only downside of these antennae are they are big so they need a bit of space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought to extend my wireless router's range slightly., 18 April 2014
D. Hammond "Hammo" (UK) - See all my reviews
It did the job now getting me a signal in my garage. Also slightly improved the signal upstairs. Did what I needed it to and very easy to install.

2.0 out of 5 stars Honestly made little difference for me, 3 April 2014
Mr. Ciaran M. Gallagher "Ciaran" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I couldn't detect any speed/ping advantages when using this over my current much smaller WiFi antenna, so I perhaps wouldn't bother with this. I've resorted to using an ethernet cable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded size, same range., 25 Mar 2014
Bought with the intention of increasing the range of my repeater. Unfortunately although it's 6dBi higher than the standard antenna there appears to be little to no difference in range/reliability. I have written these off as a learning experience and gone back to using the standard antennas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do the trick, 5 Feb 2014
Bought this +9.5dBi antenna to improve signal of my Alfa AWUS036NH long range signal extender which comes with a +5dBi antenna. I detected no difference in signal strength using this and the 5dBi antenna.

ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)