4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photography software
Published on 14 Sept. 2010 by Faye 247

1.0 out of 5 stars now rendered useless.
Do NOT buy this product. This product can only be used if a serial code is sought from Adobe. As it is an older version, Adobe will not issue a serial code. Adobe stated to me that they will only issue serial codes for current products only. Thus, this is totally redundant. It took Adobe 3 months to tell me this information, having already bought the product, now rendered...
Published 1 month ago by Emily C Dekker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photography software, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, Student and Teacher Version (Mac/PC) (CD-ROM)
Wow I had Photoshop elements 7 and editing just took forever. I'm not photoshop geek but I know what I like and I get by with how I want to do things. However, I wanted a package that was easier and could be preset for stuff I do repeatedly and also could process raw images. Wow I was totally blown over. I did a photoshoot at the weekend and used Lightroom for all the editing and creating the slideshow. Amazing. It took me a couple of hours to sift through 400 shots and slim them down to the best and edit them. It has certainly notched up the look of my photographs. I even printed some today to see if they looked good off screen and yes they look great. The only downside to lightroom is the fact that it doesn't have borders. I did find a way to create them by searching through the internet and its pretty straightfoward stuff but would be nice to see it in lightroom with a few options. The slideshow facility is quick and easy and looks impressive can even set to music. I'd read some reviews and also bought Scott Kelby's book at the same time and this really cut the learning curve right down. Scott's book is fantastic and no nonsense with a bit of humour thrown in. I have used some of his methods and then customised to my own creation, but a great and fast way to get started. i couldn't recommend lightroom enough. For me it works because I don't want to spend hours working in photoshop and wanting to know how to do all the techie stuff. I just want easy ways to do things with great effects and lightroom has the facility to do just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamlined happiness, 5 Oct. 2011
I have had a DSLR for about two years and had never really done photography before. I started off thinking processing software was unnecessary and I would be happy with my shots straight out of the camera. I then decided that even the best shots can be improved with a little contrast and sharpening so I tried to get to grips with free software like GIMP. I found it all a bit much to cope with - I wanted simple powerful editing without the need to add layers and spend 30 minutes on each photo. I decided to try Photoshop Elements 9 which I did like but it still seemed a little too convuluted for what I wanted to do. I discovered the raw section of Elements and really liked the simple sliders - they made everything so much easier.
I eventually bought Lightroom as I had read that the raw editing was very good and had many more options that the Elements plug-in. I was not disappointed, it is an absolute dream to edit photos now. It is all non-destructive so you can edit away without fear of altering the originals. Want to try a different edit? You just make a 'virtual copy' and try it in black and white, make another copy and try a cross-processed look. All these copies can then be kept together and the best thing is the copies are just the saved settings, they are not a whole photo so you are not eating up drive space by making them.
My favourite mode is 'lights out', just press 'L' and all the panels dim so you can focus on the photo. Press it again and everything but the picture is completely blacked out. There are also lots of ways to sort and mark your shots and you can do batch exports etc. As other reviewers have said, it is worth getting a book or two because there are no instructions. Learning all the keyboard shortcuts is a huge bonus!
I don't think I will ever change from Lightroom, it is everything I ever wanted in processing software. Very simple and intuitive but with a lot of power under the hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good software!, 9 Jun. 2011
N. Todd - See all my reviews
This may be the only photo software you need! It does 95% of the things I do in elements, and a lot more.
The educational licence is really easy to use. There are 30 days of trial which is plent to get the documentation back to adobe to confirm entitlement. If you qualify for the education licence it is particularly good value.

It is a really logical piece of software to use. The catalogue is very good. The develop page lets you do most of the thing you need to do to a photo. Very like a dark room. You can also get presets to modify your pictures. I bought a fantastic one to mimic platinum prints (£2.20).

I bought this rather than update my copy of elements (v5), that still does the other 5% of things I want to do to a picture!

If you're in any doubt you can download a trial from the adobe website.

5.0 out of 5 stars essential tool for any serious photographer, 10 Mar. 2011
I really love Lightroom and have been using it since version 1. I found the registration process for the student and teacher version very straightforward. Once I had submitted my scanned documents, I received a licence code within 24 hours. Product delivered within 2 working days of ordering. Thanks Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Oct. 2010
spice1708 (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant programme, couldn't manage without it now. I am a semi-professional freelance photographer and I have found this programme invaluable. The extra raw options it gives me are great. My only negative comment is that it takes a little time to get used to some of the functions but a book or some online research sorts that out fairly quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 3 upgrade, 10 July 2011
I. Hudson "a14hud" (Penarth, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Upgraded from Lightroom 2 to 3. Definitely worthwhile upgrade for extra features.Noise reduction is excellent in Lightroom 3 along with perspective control within lightroom. No longer need to export to Photoshop to carry out this function.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 3, 15 Jan. 2011
Seems to have lots of good features but still trying to understand them all. Downside - seems to have automatically become my default programme for opening all pictures. Requires the image to be physically imported and saved in Lightroom, which is a bit of a pain if I just want to view an image, say with Windows Photo Viewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 2 July 2011
This was a good price and the product is industry standard. I especially like the lens correction facility which has removed a lot of colour abberation from my shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 24 Oct. 2011
This simply is a must have software for everyone who wants to be a photographer! RAW file editing, great way to archive the images, tag them, sort them, print them etc. Great software that bundles together so many features.

5.0 out of 5 stars I absoutly love this piece of software, 5 Sept. 2010
Sarah K. Owen - See all my reviews
I absoutely love this piece of software, i also have photoshop elements 8 but find it very complaciated to use lightroom on the other hand is simple and much more effective will deffiently be using this in furture will be purchasing it on payday.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3,  Student and Teacher Version (Mac/PC)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, Student and Teacher Version (Mac/PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista)