5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend the recommend again and again and again.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written.
I don't normally read zombie books so I shouldn't have purchased this . It was well written and I did finish it so it wasn't that bad.
Published 17 months ago by MR S ORMSTON

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend the recommend again and again and again., 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
This in a way is review of all the current books in the Dead series so far. I have devoured (pardon the pun) quite a lot of Zombie novels in the past year by various authors and Mr Brown in my opinion is the class leader. I like the way we zip from group to group with all the different stories compelling. I sometimes find myself speed reading to find out what happened when we are left with a massive cliff-hanger with one particular group. Don't get too attached to the characters as plenty will fall by the wayside. I have enjoyed these books so much I even for the first time ever clicked on the email link at the end of the latest book to pass on my appreciation to the author and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply a few hours later! Thoroughly recommend the Dead series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
OK, I'm onto book 8 so this is a review of the series so far. Brilliant!!! Love the way the vignettes are taking on lives of their own and becoming main stories in themselves, if you know what I mean. Vix, Gemma and Harold, Juan and McKenzie and Jody and Danny, they are all as important as the Geeks and Steve's Tale (now being narrated by Jamie- can't totally forgive you for that, but read your explanation and it made sense). If you are new to the books, don't get attached to a character! to TW Brown I say "write faster!"

4.0 out of 5 stars good zombie start up, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
Very promising start of a zombie series, quite shocking when strong characters get killed off.
Very enjoyable
cheers people, enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
extremely well written book, Ive read many novels on this subject and was starting to loose interest as they follow the same format or bestow special powers to zombies or people. I enjoyed this book so much that I down loaded the rest of the series. Mr Brown if you get to read this review well done you

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me reading, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
I've read a few zombie books and this equalled the majority. The descriptions of the zombies and how their guts hung out became a little tedious but it kept me gripped. A little hard occasionally to keep track of the many different characters but I enjoyed it overall. May well go on to read more in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
I found the beginning a bit hard to get in to, but before I was half way through the book I couldn't put it down

5.0 out of 5 stars This is definitely a MUST for zombie afficianados, 20 Nov 2013
I enjoy all things zombie, and have read a lot of good stuff, but also a lot of questionable stuff. Just to try something new, I picked up books #1 and #2 of the "Dead" series.

And I must admit that I am glad that I did. This is something that should be on the bookshelves of anyone with a love of zombie fiction. And it is right up there alongside Brian Keene, Joe McKinney, Iain McKinnon and David Wellington. The characters are well described and are characters that you relate to; either love and compassion or spite and loathing. The situations are well detailed, goods amount of gore and mayhem (admit it, this is a major part of why we enjoy the zombie genre) and great dialogue. There is a good continuous flow to the storylines, and the various viginettes are easy to follow, despite being numerous and various in their own storylines and events.

Now, I am not one to write reviews on Amazon, but the "Dead" series were just worthy of a comment or two.

I read through book #1 in no time and already started on book #2. And I can honestly say that I am going to get more books of Mr. TW Brown.

This gets 5 stars easily, no doubt about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first zombie book, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
Gripping me from start to finish with it's realism set within the surreal experience of life turned upside down and why we bother to go on regardless of the difficulties

5.0 out of 5 stars great book well written, the characters are real people not "super heroes"., 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
I loved the way this book was written. A number of stories that focus on the lives of ordinary, and some not so ordinary people caught up in a zombie apocalypse. The characters are very believable, just ordinary folk. No john rambo's here, thank you very much.
A cracking read and one to keep for future reading.
Got to get some more in this series.
Well done TW., you've set the standard now please stick to it.
Thanks for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school horror at its best., 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: DEAD: The Ugly Beginning (Kindle Edition)
Every once in a while, a writer comes along that makes me stop and think. Some books just flow, and you find yourself reading and enjoying all the same, but some times there are books that have you living the story alongside the characters.
TW.Brown is one of those writers.

Frighteningly realistic, and disturbingly horrific, the characters both good and bad, all had me rooting for them. Well, nearly all of them.

The story opens from several POV, and how the zombie outbreak starts for them. This is always my favourite part of zombie stories, so you can imagine how freaking pleased i was. The best part though, and in my opinion is absolute genius, is that you never know which characters are goign to live and which are going to die. I mean you literally get a full backstory, sob-story build a connection with the character, and then BAM TW Brown goes and kills them just like that. Some characters don't even last a chapter, but you feel the true horror and loss of them as if you had read a full book.

I can't waiat to get started on book two, and am really excited to know that this is a series which is set to continue for quite some timme. It's already up to book six, with several mmore already in the pipeline.

If you love old school zombie hooror, you will LOVE this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›