5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic
Amazon have a habit of adding reviews from one format into another, this review is for the Kindle version, I have no control as to which format this review appears under. So disregard if viewing anything other than the Kindle version.

Published 9 months ago by SBno1

3.0 out of 5 stars If you can put up with the monotonous tones of Jim Broadbent, then this might be for you.
The contents is of course, fantastic - it is the boring voice of jim broadbent that makes this CD painful to listen to... Mr. Broadbent's voice is not a good match for the Winnie The Pooh characters. Unfortunately for me, my daughter doesn't seem to mind... hence the three stars, not two.
Published 22 days ago by Harry Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, 2 Dec 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Kindle Edition)

I don't understand why I managed to get this for free as a classic book, and now Amazon are selling it for nearly 4 GBP. It may be worth waiting and see if it drops back into the free classics.

The text alignment is good, no split paragraphs as I have seen in other e-book scans. I did notice some spelling mistakes and odd characters in place of punctuation marks, but a later re-download seems to have corrected most, if not all of these flaws.

This is a timeless classic book of Winnie-the-pooh and friends that can be read to children time and time again. I had it read to me as a child, I have read it to mine and one day I hope to be reading this to my grandchildren. There is a innocent comical edge to this book which explores the relationships and adventures between some of the most famous characters from our earliest days.

I let my children watch the Disney film before I read this to them. It helped them visualise the characters and hear their voices which greatly helped me as I am no storyteller!

A beautiful book that children (and some adults) will always love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bed time read for all ages, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Hardcover)
YOu can never go wrong with Winnie-the-Pooh. A. A. Milne's stories about these woodland dwelling toys are a delight! No matter your age, there is enjoyment for everyone in these witty, intelligent and touching tales. I defy anyone to dislike these timeless joyful yarns.

5.0 out of 5 stars An oustanding and brilliant book!, 27 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh (Paperback)
I had never read Winnie the Pooh, believing it to be for young children. However, when I was advised to read it, by somebody older than myself, I thought why not give it a go. I'm glad I did. At first glance, the adventures of Pooh, tigger, piglet and the gang appear to be simple, easily readable tales. That they are, but they also carry underlying themes and messages that the younger readers may not notice but are greatly appreciated by the more experienced. It reminds me of George Orwell's Animal Farm, not in context, but the manner in which it is written, seemingly on two levels which can both be enjoyed. Reading this book not only gave me great pleasure, but it has taught me to refrain from judging a book before I have given it a chance. I will definitly be recommending it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it's a classic ..., 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Hardcover)
There were very few books in my childhood, due to war, post-war and poverty, and the Pooh wasn't one of them. So I have decided to read it at 77 and enjoyed it as if I were ten. So there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Kindle Edition)
Kindle arrived an hour ago and went on charge. Had worried about "setting up the wifi" - pushed one button and all was well.

But what book to introduce myself to this new technology?

For some unknown reason I hit Winnie-the-Pooh. No idea why. Probably because it was free and I thought it would be a trivial giggle.

I was and am blown away, gob smacked and totally wowed!

I did not know that the illustrations would be included, or that they would be rendered so clearly and wonderfully.

I could not believe how easy it was to start a "kiddies book" and be unable to stop reading.

Having downloaded loads of classics with grand plans of going all intelligentsia, I may just stay in 100 acres wood and revel in the joys of timeless master-class penmanship.

If you get a moment and are thinking "what to try next" please, please download Winnie-the-Pooh.

I honestly don't care what happens now. Reading Winnie has justified buying a Kindle. The rest is just gravy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "How sweet to be a cloud floating in the blue!", 28 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh (Paperback)
The sweet book with a low price and an deft paperback model is the perfect little book for all who love dear and timeless stories. A.A. Milne, who was an talented dramatist and an author, has a consummate wonderland created inside these covers. Though this book includes not all the stories, I think it is nice to own if is interested of this 100 acre wood.
The book includes some sweet additions for the tale. Such as the map of this world, the beginning lines of A.A. Milne himself, the timeless and original line drawings of E.H. Shepherd and the dear poem in the first page which ends: Because we love you. The book also tells how it all began: from the authors son's Christopher's dearest teddy bear and other its friends.
Yes. No time has taken the brilliance of these Winnie-the-Pooh stories, and it never will. Meet the friends in the forest, those that we all shall remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cure for adult insomnia, 1 Nov 2011
I loaded this on my iPod having originally seen it free in a newspaper. In the nicest possible way, I use it to help me get back to sleep if I wake up stressed in the middle of the night (I'm 41!). I imagine it takes me back to my childhood days but Cribbins' voice is so soothing and the mental images so wonderful and amusing that I invariably fall back to sleep before the end of Chapter 3 :-)

I don't think I have ever got to the end of the CD and I hope I never do...

If you are buying it for your kids I'm sure it will have a similar effect at bedtime, but don't be afraid to have a listen yourself if anxieties are keeping you awake at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a delight., 24 Aug 2008
C. Sadler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh (Hardcover)
This book is just a wonderful collection of such charming stories. My eldest son is nearly 6 years and a fairly prolific reader but we have struggled to find books with enough words to challenge him but age appropriate storylines. Having not read Winnie the Pooh as a child myself I was a little sceptical but the stories are wonderful. The humour is gentle, the stories a delight, the text beautifully written. My eldest reads the book to himself, I read it to his younger brother. In short, we love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 31 May 2012
C Elias - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Hardcover)
You can't go wrong with this. I got the hardback version as a gift from someone for one of my kids. Great idea great read. Gerry the Giraffe Learns Why it's Good to Share (The Safari Children's Books on Good Behavior)

4.0 out of 5 stars a surprise inside, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh. (Paperback)
This is a very neat little book, so the type is quite small, but it would be ideal to slip in a small pocket. The surprise is the German annotation - not mentioned in the product description. The book is obviously intended as an English reader for a German person learning English. However, the annotations do not interfere with the English text and all E H Shepherd's original drawings seem to be there.

Winnie-the-Pooh