5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it's a classic ...
There were very few books in my childhood, due to war, post-war and poverty, and the Pooh wasn't one of them. So I have decided to read it at 77 and enjoyed it as if I were ten. So there.
Published 17 months ago by Alfred von der Bredde

3.0 out of 5 stars If you can put up with the monotonous tones of Jim Broadbent, then this might be for you.
The contents is of course, fantastic - it is the boring voice of jim broadbent that makes this CD painful to listen to... Mr. Broadbent's voice is not a good match for the Winnie The Pooh characters. Unfortunately for me, my daughter doesn't seem to mind... hence the three stars, not two.
Published 7 months ago by Harry Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it's a classic ..., 24 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, 2 Dec. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Kindle Edition)
Amazon have a habit of adding reviews from one format into another, this review is for the Kindle version, I have no control as to which format this review appears under. So disregard if viewing anything other than the Kindle version.

I don't understand why I managed to get this for free as a classic book, and now Amazon are selling it for nearly 4 GBP. It may be worth waiting and see if it drops back into the free classics.

The text alignment is good, no split paragraphs as I have seen in other e-book scans. I did notice some spelling mistakes and odd characters in place of punctuation marks, but a later re-download seems to have corrected most, if not all of these flaws.

This is a timeless classic book of Winnie-the-pooh and friends that can be read to children time and time again. I had it read to me as a child, I have read it to mine and one day I hope to be reading this to my grandchildren. There is a innocent comical edge to this book which explores the relationships and adventures between some of the most famous characters from our earliest days.

I let my children watch the Disney film before I read this to them. It helped them visualise the characters and hear their voices which greatly helped me as I am no storyteller!

A beautiful book that children (and some adults) will always love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bed time read for all ages, 27 Aug. 2009
YOu can never go wrong with Winnie-the-Pooh. A. A. Milne's stories about these woodland dwelling toys are a delight! No matter your age, there is enjoyment for everyone in these witty, intelligent and touching tales. I defy anyone to dislike these timeless joyful yarns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cure for adult insomnia, 1 Nov. 2011
I loaded this on my iPod having originally seen it free in a newspaper. In the nicest possible way, I use it to help me get back to sleep if I wake up stressed in the middle of the night (I'm 41!). I imagine it takes me back to my childhood days but Cribbins' voice is so soothing and the mental images so wonderful and amusing that I invariably fall back to sleep before the end of Chapter 3 :-)

I don't think I have ever got to the end of the CD and I hope I never do...

If you are buying it for your kids I'm sure it will have a similar effect at bedtime, but don't be afraid to have a listen yourself if anxieties are keeping you awake at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 4 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Kindle Edition)
Kindle arrived an hour ago and went on charge. Had worried about "setting up the wifi" - pushed one button and all was well.

But what book to introduce myself to this new technology?

For some unknown reason I hit Winnie-the-Pooh. No idea why. Probably because it was free and I thought it would be a trivial giggle.

I was and am blown away, gob smacked and totally wowed!

I did not know that the illustrations would be included, or that they would be rendered so clearly and wonderfully.

I could not believe how easy it was to start a "kiddies book" and be unable to stop reading.

Having downloaded loads of classics with grand plans of going all intelligentsia, I may just stay in 100 acres wood and revel in the joys of timeless master-class penmanship.

If you get a moment and are thinking "what to try next" please, please download Winnie-the-Pooh.

I honestly don't care what happens now. Reading Winnie has justified buying a Kindle. The rest is just gravy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "How sweet to be a cloud floating in the blue!", 28 Sept. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh (Paperback)
The sweet book with a low price and an deft paperback model is the perfect little book for all who love dear and timeless stories. A.A. Milne, who was an talented dramatist and an author, has a consummate wonderland created inside these covers. Though this book includes not all the stories, I think it is nice to own if is interested of this 100 acre wood.
The book includes some sweet additions for the tale. Such as the map of this world, the beginning lines of A.A. Milne himself, the timeless and original line drawings of E.H. Shepherd and the dear poem in the first page which ends: Because we love you. The book also tells how it all began: from the authors son's Christopher's dearest teddy bear and other its friends.
Yes. No time has taken the brilliance of these Winnie-the-Pooh stories, and it never will. Meet the friends in the forest, those that we all shall remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back In An Early Childhood Summer...., 30 Sept. 2014
Arachne202 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm trying to get across to my children that the Disney Channel has a lot of adaptations of much older stories. This led me to reading "Winnie-The-Pooh" out loud to my seven-year-old at bedtime, in instalments. It's the first time I've read it cover-to-cover as well.

Written in the 1920s, "Winnie-The-Pooh" stars Christopher Robin (aged around six) who lives in the Hundred-Acre-Wood with a collection of animals including Pooh the bear, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Eeyore, Kanga and Roo. (Tigger doesn't appear until the next book.) There are no grown-ups, and Christopher Robin is the de facto leader and source of wisdom, though it is primarily the animals who have the adventures. They get caught in snowstorms, float up to bees on balloons, escape floods, and have parties. All very gentle, in an Arcadian forest setting.

Like Dr Suess though, A.A. Milne has a fantastic grasp of language and works spectacularly well when read out loud. (He was also a playwright.) Almost instantly, I was putting on voices for all the different characters (I especially like my Eeyore voice), and there are bits of poems scattered throughout which bounce off the tongue.

My daughter was delighted to find out that Christopher Robin was actually the author's son, and the animals are based on his real toys, which can still be seen in a museum in New York. She is also envious of Christopher Robin's carefree life in the forest. There are illustrations throughout, so though the humour was a bit indirect at times, the pictures helped point it out.

Reading level of 8+ years, for children reading it to themselves, but like "Alice In Wonderland", there's a deeper psychological layer there for the grown-ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable stories., 6 Sept. 2014
Dr. Peter Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love these stories. I have been reading them to my daughter for last 2 years- and she's getting the hang of them now. For children the characters are fun, and these stories are enjoyable to follow.

As an adult reading these stories aloud I have come to appreciate just how well Milne created character and wrote dialogue. His English is superb- being beautifully simple and well paced, yet also sophisticated, and with no writing down to children. I've learned a lot from just seeing how well he wrote these books.

So stories that delight, superb English and excellent humour within them. A children's book that adults can enjoy as much as the child.

You're having a deprived parenthood if you don't treat your child to these stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic for all ages!, 22 July 2012
K. J. Greenland "kevinthegerbil" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Winnie-the-Pooh is certainly a children's classic and also a classic in the sense that it transcends age.

I'm 41 and have just finished this joy of a book!

Lovable, brainless Pooh. Cute, timid Piglet. Philosophical, depressed Eeyore. Bossy, organised Rabbit. Talkative, intelligent Owl. Motherly, caring Kanga. Carefree, fun Roo. All under the wing of Christopher Robin with the classic illustrations by E.H. Shepard.

To be informative, the ten chapters tell the tale of how Pooh pursues some honey, how he gets stuck in Rabbit's house, how he and Piglet hunt a Woozle, how Eeyore's loses his tail, how Piglet and Pooh hunt a Heffalump, Eeyore's birthday, Kanga and Roo's arrival, an exhibition to the North Pole, how Piglet gets trapped by a flood and a Pooh party.

Just delightful and incredibly witty at times!

5.0 out of 5 stars If a better book has ever been written i have yet to ..., 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Kindle Edition)
If a better book has ever been written i have yet to read it. Gentleness, humour, wisdom, and great illustration. Pooh rules. And Piglit, Eeyore, Wol,Tigger, Kanga, Roo, Christopher Robin and all the others. I love it

Winnie-the-Pooh