5.0 out of 5 stars A good stop gap
I'm using these with my Nikon D5000 until I can afford a Macro lens. I tend to buy a cheaper version of a product and see if I use it before I splash out.

You get what you pay for. These are great as long as you don't expect too much from them, they are for fun, although as you can see from my pictures in the product details they do come up with the goods...
Published on 11 April 2011 by G. Francis

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great for close ups, but good for making a camera obscura!
I bought this set mainly because I needed the least powerful filter to use as a lens in the camera obscura I was making in my bedroom, for this it worked well! An even less powerful one may have even worked better giving a larger image. I decided on this set because I wasn't 100% sure what strength I needed and this set gave me 4 options and for a very low price. But as a...
Published on 19 Feb 2011 by Mr. T. Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: 52mm 4pc Close-Up Kit Macro Lenses For Nikon D40 D40X D60 & All Other 52mm Lenses (Electronics)
For the price this is a must for anyone who has a slight interest in macro photography, the focus can be a little soft but for under a tenner , very good and really quite fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 4 Mar 2013
Mr. S. Brennan (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent lenses - used them quite a lot at first, hard going at first but very good. Definately had some fun with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Macro lenses, 25 Feb 2013
A good kit which is easy to use with good results, though have not been able to compare with a more expensive lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box., 22 Feb 2013
Amazing for beginners, it does everything it says on the box, you have a range of macro lenses to choose from or you can combine them to make one ultimate magnifying experience. But it does take some getting used to once you have gotten accustomed you can use it in a variety of ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and delivery service, 15 Feb 2013
This product arrived within a few days. Couldn't get through my post box so had to go to town PO sorting. All lens look and fit very well not so cheap looking and tested with my compact systems camera and took a few test photos and with manual focus the esults are promising on all 4 lens. Would recommend this product and supplier for the enthusiatic snapper.

5.0 out of 5 stars 52 mm close-up kit, 11 Feb 2013
H. Kuhn (uk) - See all my reviews
Arrived as expected and tried it immediately. I was surprised how good the results were. I would recommend this product any time. It does the job for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Buy, 6 Jan 2013
Dave G (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
I am using this macro filter set with a Nikon D3100 and have posted some of my initial test shots on the above image boxes.

These were taken on the kitchen table and hand holding the camera in natural light.

Given the price these filters are extremely good value for money and as other reviewers have said a small purpose made storage pouch is also included in the price.

As I will not use the lenses regularly they will suit my purpose very well as I could not justify the investment of a dedicated macro lens, let alone the divorce costs!

I have tried stacking two lenses together which works ok, but not recommended for more than two. (the filter surround rings are threaded on both sides)

Manual focus gives better focal control as other reviewers have indicated.

In summary, for occasional use or as a taster into the world of macro photography, for the price you can't really go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun., 28 Dec 2012
C. A. R. Croft (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
Just for occasional arty ultra-close ups these are great, and make my normal lens into a sort of mega macro. Probably no good for insects etc since you have to be really up close to your subject. Very shallow depth of field, but I like that.

4.0 out of 5 stars ooh thats close, 23 Sep 2012
Takes some getting used to, but once you have the hang of it these lenses are brilliant, allowing you to get even closer to the macro subjects. Creating nice and clear pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid value, 11 Aug 2010
I am astonished that such quality lenses can be sold at this price. The finish on both glass and mounts is superb - a quality item that will not disappoint!