on 4 June 2011
This pointer does exactly what it says on the tin, although connecting it to my MacBook Pro wants to install it as a keyboard (just close the window, and don't press 'continue'). Nice size, with a more solid feel to it than my more former Kensington. It's easy to control, and the mouse function works. It's less likely to get pinched (like my last one) because of its nice, bright red livery.

My only grump is of my own making, really. Had I looked closely at the USB end, and paid a bit of attention to the picture prior to ordering, I would have noticed that this fat unit blocks off the adjacent, and only other, USB port on my laptop. it's easily overcome with a USB extension cable (a good idea, anyway, as the likelihood of damage to the unit is reduced), but still annoying as I'm not a trackpad devotee and tend always to use a mouse. Thus far, that's the only reason it loses a star, although I've not used it in a live presentation yet.
on 6 April 2011
At the first item nice design with high quality materials. bottoms are good placed and easy to use , shape fits very well to hand. Here two optional positon to use remote - mouse and slide show controller. Mouse working perfectly but make you confused at beginning so need a practice to propely use (mause pointer moving verticaly and horizontaly only). Slide controller doesn`t work all the time : with windows media player work fine , but with other software like photoshop doesn`t. The second small minus in my review is laser pointer. The beam isn`t bright like spouse to be. I have one cheap from Lidl which i got before to my photography lessons and is much brighter also point of beam (spot) is bigger and visibly better from long distnace to the screen.
Resume:
Wirless presenter: smart-pointer sp400 ( i have red-silver which came with zipped etui )is wort to get for this value
I bought this wireless presenter because of the fantastic reviews. But I do not like it. It is very basic. Slides go forward and back - so far so good. The mouse function is IMO of no use as it moves very slowly (when it actually works, which is not too often) and the red laser pointer is very filmsy - I can barely see it. The buttons are very noisy and I film lots of presentations - I can hear the click everytime I move to the next slide. I will look for a wireless presenter by Kensington with green light instead. This did not work for me. Pls note that the AAA batteries are not included and you will have to buy your own.
on 11 April 2014
The operation of this device is very good, BUT and it is a huge BUT, the keys make such a loud clicking noise that it is very distracting when making a presentation. The keys have a very positive action, but far too loud. It is simply not suitable for the purpose.
on 31 May 2016
Works very well, nice positive (but not too loud) 'click' under your thumb. Good features not obvious to me from the publicity...

the r.h. round button acts like F5 in PowerPoint so you can start the presentation from that
the l.h. round button acts like B and W alternately in PowerPoint, so you can blank / unblank the presentation from that

The only thing that stops it being 'plug and play' to a non-manual-reader is, when you attach the receiver to a new computer, hold the r.h. round button down until the receiver light flashes rapidly (only takes a few seconds).
on 27 August 2010
Bought this to enable operation of amateur theatre computer sound system from auditorium and stage whilst setting up shows. Despite the amount of other electrical stuff in the theatre, it works fine at thirty to forty feet range.
I was looking for a long range remote mouse only for the right and left buttons. The pointer movement is in up down and sideways directions only and fairly slow but seems reliable.
I have also played with it using Powerpoint and again it works fine. Usefully, you can swap between the mouse and presentation configuration without disconnecting - just push the slider up or down on the side.
The laser pointer looks powerful enough - the dot is visible on the stage backcloth when projected and viewed from 40 feet or so away.
Biggest problem will be stopping it from walking out of the theatre unauthorised.
on 13 October 2010
This is a good little gadget that does exactly what you want it to and isn't too difficult to get the hang of (I haven't even opened the info that came with it). Plug and play so minimum fuss just batteries needed. It came with it's own case so you can keep spare sets of batteries with it which is useful. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars is that it does feel a little delicate/lightweight, but still good for the price.
on 19 March 2014
Very good piece of equipment, have used it for presentations. Good quality make. Would recommend to other people to use.
on 10 November 2010
Having used it for several months, I can recommend this wireless presenter. It is relatively light in weight in your hand, although I would have preferred a little more weight to it for ecstatic feel. I found the pointer quite responsive once everything was plugged in; I tend to use it on a big screen for presentation and also for watching movies. It had not failed me so far and I had dropped in on laminated flooring at least twice. It also came with a zip pouch and allowed me to carry an extra dongle with it while traveling around. I wasn't looking for an incredibly fast pointer. Rather than having my pointer zipping out of screen, I wanted one that I had more control of. If you hold on to one of the direction button, it does zip across the screen at quite a fast pace. I chose the red colour particularly so I had no difficulty in locating it. It was a great buy and I had no regret. SP400 Smart-Pointer (Red/Chrome) 2.4Ghz RF Wireless Presenter with Mouse Function and Laser Pointer
on 16 June 2015
Having purchased over the years a variety of reasonably priced wireless presenters, most have fulfilled their function but have been ugly and not particularly professional looking. This one however ticks all the boxes. Light, easy to use with the added addition of the mouse function. Would recommend this to anyone who gives presentations and wants professional looking unit that doesn't break the bank.