on 2 June 2011
After reading lot's an and lot's of review's I was still drawn back to this phone What it had for the money did'nt seem to add up there were lot's of negative's which could'nt think LG would have allowed as they were the first in produceing a touch screen or so i've been told. So one night I decided to press the buy button And what a surprise I got when the phone came I was straight in as there was allready a half charged battery and I could not find any of the negative's that I had read about so I was very happy with this phone so for this I give five star's Well done to LG and I hope it last's
on 11 June 2011
I originally wanted a Blackberry Curve but it was very expensive and I couldn't afford it. This is generally a pretty good phone and I would defo reccomend it:
Pros:
- Looks really sophisticated and REALLY nice
- Great camera, with flash
- Speaker isn't too tinny when playing music
- Easy to text fast
- Homepage apps are cool and useful
- Internet relatively (well not really) fast depending on your network; but it's ok for the odd quick search whilst you're out and about
- Quite customisable
- Facebook app is ok

Cons:
- Not android
- Touch screen isn't very responsive (when you try to text someone it sometimes sends it before you can write anything so your mates get blank texts all the time, and its easy to accidently call someone)
- Its not a Blackberry =(

All in all its a really good phone, the option for someone who wants a good, stylish phone who can't afford a Blackberry or and iPhone. Much better than my old Samsung Tocco Lite. Pretty good value for money as well, it's good
on 17 September 2010
The phone has caused me no major issues so far, I am able to phone, text, Bluetooth, listen to music, access mobile web, view my images etc. However if more than one app is running at the same time, such music and web, it can freeze for several seconds, or when your listening to music and it is called by someone, it can freeze then, which is far from ideal, meaning you have to cancel the call and phone back yourself.

On the good side it supports many networks including Virgin Mobile, multiple images sizes and formats (bmp,jpeg,png etc). Fast, resposnive and NON-frustrating touch-screen, the interface is very easy to use and I was able to be comfortable with it very quickly, having a very iphone/ipod look to it. Although if you install new apps, it does not add it to the main app page, instead they are added to a icon called `Games & Apps'. Apps already installed on it includes `Opera Mini 5' and `Push e-mail'. You can download Apps through your computer or through the phone, but most of them are novelty and the choice is obviously not compared to that of the iphone/ipod app store, although I have not had a proper look for apps.
Other features include :

* A social network page that allows you to connect to Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, MySpace and Orkut. Although I believe that accessing facebook through the phone's standard web browser or Opera Mini 5 is much better that the provided app.
* Drawing Panel
* Calendar/Organiser
* Memo
* Bluetooth
* FM Radio (Provided ear phones needs to be used)
* E-mail
* Alarm
* Voice Recorder
on 28 November 2010
I love this phone :) Its real good! Many say the touch screen dosent respond very well, but I have found nothing wrong with it. Its easy to understand, and easier than i thought to type on it :) Overall an amazing phone!!!!
on 1 December 2013
I have had this phone for two years now and when in first got it j was really pleased. I used to have as Nokia brick so anything was an improvement to that. However after a few weeks the screen was becoming really unresponsive and did not work at all near the edges. It was almost impossible to text. After,About a year of it being an OK phone the screen stopped working completely! I just turned it off for a few weeks when I turned it on again the screen worked but not very well. Then it stopped being able to receive calls and calling random people! Another bad point is the bAttery warning. If my phone was on silent it would start beeping loudly to warn me it was running out of battery !! ALSO sometimes it would turn itself on to warn me about low battery! One last bad thing was it doesn't connect to WiFi.
The phone does have quite a good camera and a good variety of preinstalled apps which is a bonus.
Overall I don't recommend this phone.
on 10 February 2011
Great camera, lovely slim feel, texting is ok but I have to use a pencil or stylus type object as the letter keys are about 5mm wide. Great MP3 player that I use a lot. Didn't come with many call tones so had to download a load of them, which incidentally all get jumbled in with the music etc. Internet works well with the large screen. There are a lot of positives - the call/notification volumes are very good and there are some good ideas like having regular contacts personified on a homepage. My gripe is that for telephone calls it is staggeringly bad. The screen goes into screen save mode after a few seconds which means that to access a keypad during a call (for paying for credits etc) you have to swipe up to open the screen every few seconds, and then risk accidentally finishing the call or having the screen lock down again. You'd think it would be easy to just swipe up the screen and access the keypad but for a number of different reasons it isn't. I find the touch screen temperamental and it is very easy to accidentally do something, open another page or whatever. Scrolling through contacts is asking to dial people at random. I regret buying it. I'm not convinced by touch screen technology for mobile phones. I'm going to return to having a phone with proper keypad.
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2011
Excellent mobile phone, strong, sturdy, easy to set up and use. highly recommended. Sent by Fonz Mania who supplied it in very strong packaging (essential for Greece), and who supplied excellent customer support.
on 24 March 2013
Easy to use. Lots of good features and nice and slim. Screen not so great but the phone is sooo simple so I can live with a rubbishy touch screen. Would be the absolute best phone bar none if the touch screen was better. I think LG should have used better software for this as this will annoy a lot of people. For me 8/10 for others maybe 5 or even less out of 10.
on 18 January 2016
Got this for a friend
on 18 March 2012
I recently bought 2 of these phones for my children but I wish that I hadn't. They have all of their music in iTunes on a Mac and there is NO WAY to connect this to the phone. The LG support website is hopeless - loads of questions from dissatisfied users and hardly ever any answers. Don't even consider buying this if you're a Mac user.

See one answered question