5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headset
Recently purchased this product for our manager who needed a decent quality headset to use whilst on the road.
His comments after a couple of weeks were that it was an excellent headset with excellent sound quality and it lasted well on a single charge.
He was that impressed that we shall be ordering more shortly for other members of staff.
Published on 8 Feb 2011 by GMG21

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful.
Published on 5 Nov 2011 by OffRoadRob

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headset, 8 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics bluetooth, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I purchased this product to pair with the iphone 4 which the 3 headsets i already have did not seem to do at all, this one did it as it should, battery life is not as good as i am used to but as a taxi driver i can get about 14 hours between charges which is more than adequate, it is by far the most comfortable headset to wear i have ever had (and i have had a few), so if i had to recomend it to anyone i would say a resounding yes on all things.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
bought this for my wife she uses it with a blackberry and mobile phone great sound quality no background noise from car

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful., 5 Nov 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I use a bluetooth headset every day whilst driving - usually around 3 hours a day. I bought this to replace a very old Motorola device that had been brilliant but sadly the plastic had become brittle and snapped. This unit does work as described and initially I was quite pleased. However the volume is very low even when on maximum, and the battery life is very short. After only 2 weeks of use the switch stopped turning the headset off - making it less than useless. I have bought a more expensive replacement for this already - after 2 weeks. This unit is not suitable for heavy use - but if all you are doing is using it in a quiet environment then it does work as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
When this got delivered I thought that it was quite small and due to that it might not work as well as I'd like??
How wrong can you be, the sound on it is great, and speaking to others they tell me it's like I've got the phone to my ear!!!
The other neat feature I like is if you're using it with your I phone you can hold the button down and use the voice feature.
It's that comfy that you ca forget it's on your ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics bluetooth headset, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
WOW!! i just got it a few mins ago, and it's the dogs bollocks!!! unlike other headsets, u dont need to be an avatar to use it, it fits perfectly into the ear, and is so easy to use its a MUST .... GREAT JOB .... wish all bluetooth headsets were as good :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device, slight problem installing, 24 Feb 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
Charged after a couple of hours and was ready for use. Attempted to connect to my laptop's Bluetooth adapter, it tells me the headset doesn't have a driver installed. Luckily Windows 7 provided the following website for me to detect, download and install Bluetooth drivers:
[]

If you encounter the same problem where it's unable to install a driver, download that file and it'll do it all for you.

Afterwards, everything was fine. Headset makes a slight buzzing noise when inactive, but it's barely noticeable. An all round great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the price, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I bought this as the wired headset supplied with my Blackberry is terrible quality and gets tangled up easily. I thought as my first Bluetooth headset I would start at the cheaper end to see if I like them and I'm pleased to say I do and even more pleased that I have no need to get a more expensive one. For the price this product is brilliant! It has a clear transmission and about a 6 - 8 metre range should you feel like walking away from your handset.

My only criticism is that there is no mute on the headset. I spend a lot of time on conference calls and I am aware my typing on a laptop can be heard if I am not on mute so I need to activate that on the handset, but this really is the only think I don't like about this product.

Extremely good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb device, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
It arrived within 24 hours. Very impressive. Once charged. I had it paired with my Nokia E5 and making a call within one minute. (I hate reading instructions) When turned off and back on again it pairs automatically. (Unlike others I have previously had) Simplicity itself. The device is comfortable to wear and is attractive. The sound quality is very good. All in all really happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headset, fantastic price!, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I bought this Bluetooth headset to replace one that I thought was broken. I am so glad I chose Plantronics, this headset is far superior to the ones I have used before. It is far more comfortable to wear, the sound quality is fantastic and the ease of use better still! It is much easier to turn on and off than any earpiece I have used before. The slider switch makes it so easy and in fact you can save power by sliding it to off whilst not needing to take any calls and then when you slide it back to on it automatically connects quickly to the phone. The battery life is very very good I find I don't need to charge it as often as previous earpieces I have had. This was also at a very reasonable price meaning a lot of quality at a lower price. I would strongly recommend the Plantronics Explorer 240 to anyone - you can't go wrong at this price!

Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset