5.0 out of 5 stars Definite improvement to my previous tongs!
Having invested in a new kitchen utensil rack, I decided to invest in a new pair of tongs to hang on them. Having owned previous Oxo kitchen utensils, most notably their 'good grips' range, I was aware of how easy to use, effective and long lasting their products were.

Published on 12 Feb 2012 by Belle Noir

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to use.
Very handy for all cooking all kinds of dishes, from grilling meat, frying to serving pasta etc . Good value too
Published 15 months ago by sef

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite improvement to my previous tongs!, 12 Feb 2012
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Oxo Good Grips 12 inch Locking Tongs with Silicone Heads (Kitchen & Home)

This pair of tongs has met my expectations of Oxo. In terms of advantages over my previous pair, firstly they are significantly longer, reducing the risk of burns to my hands. There are comfortable silicone sides to ensure good secure grip, and the locking mechanism is particularly useful for display/storage purposes.

The silicone heads are very effective at picking up items, turning them, while gripping them securely. Lastly they may also be dishwashed. This is a highly practical kitchen utensil - recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite kitchen tool, 16 Sep 2013
I've owned these tongs over a year and a half now. I can't remember how I used to cook without them. They're very useful and very handy not only for frying and grilling but I also use them to pick up corn from boiling water or hot bread and baked potatoes from oven. I sometimes even use it to catch unreachable items in my kitchen cabinet when I'm too much in a hurry to bring the kitchen step stool. I also bought the smaller ones Oxo Good Grips Locking Silicone which I sometimes use to serve salad. Excellent. The most used item in my kitchen after wooden spoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 10 Aug 2013
Hiace Drifter (Northern Hemisphere) - See all my reviews
These tongs are lovely to use - grippy, a nice spring tension and easy to clean. I like the locking action which is quick to use and makes them easy to store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oxo Good Grips, 16 Mar 2014
T. M. Dennis "tezzer" (Droitwich) - See all my reviews
Good delivery time, well made, easy to use. Does what it says on the tin and does not look cheap like some on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grips, 7 Mar 2014
Lesley Grace - See all my reviews
I had bought the smaller ones. They are great but you often need longer tongs. I really like that they close rather than be splayed.
A great buy. All the Good Grips products I have bought so far have been effective and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Effictent, 3 Feb 2014
I have used them nearly every day since purchase, apart from gripping food, being a shorty, they are strong enough to get packets from the high shelves of the cupboards. I am very pleased with my buy. J.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 9 Jan 2014
Nicely made and works well.
I use it with my griddle pan, so that I do not damage the non-stick coating.
Turns (and supports) home-made burgers far better than the spatula I used to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Jan 2014
P. L. Cobbett (uk) - See all my reviews
This item is a great hit with my wife and the locking element to the tongs has her 100% approval

5.0 out of 5 stars Best set of tongs I've owned, 29 Dec 2013
These tongs are pretty sturdy (as are all the things in the Good Grips range that I've used). The silicone heads are a good size and, of course, don't scratch the pan. The locking mechanism is useful too (operated by pushing/pulling the hook at the end). Can't say anything bad about it really and I use these tongs a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov 2013
These tongs are amazing, in fact we have two sizes now. They are brilliant for use on the BBQ and general cooker use. They are sooo easy to operate. Some others I have tried have really hurt my hands to use but these are great. A bit tricky with sausages as the silicone slips but I assume all silicone tongs are the same. They are used quite often and showing absolutely no wear. Will not hesitate to buy them again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›