5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by Cattius

3.0 out of 5 stars I call foul....
This game originally had heaps of 1 star reviews because people generally seemed to hate Ubisoft's system whereby you must be connected to the internet to play the game. It's copyright enforcement and it seemed to annoy a lot of people (check the AC2 reviews, it was even worse back then).

It doesn't bother me because I'm always connected anyway but I can...
Published on 2 Dec 2011 by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Well, what can I say; AC2 was incredible and this has somehow managed to improve on it. I was worried about two things when I bought it - first that the only playable area being Rome would feel restrictive, and second that it would feel too much like an expansion pack to AC2 rather than a fully-fledged game in its own right. Thankfully I have found neither of these to be problems. Rome is absolutely enormous, so it doesn't feel like you're trapped inside one area, and there are also other locations that crop up as you go through the memories such as Monteriggioni, Florence and Venice (Cristina memories) and the War Machine locations. As for the second, the interface and characters will certainly feel familiar if you've played AC2 so it's not quite AC3, but it contains enough content to seem far more than an expansion pack. Whilst the missions in AC2 were quite varied they have become even more so in Brotherhood: I'm not even halfway through the game yet and already I've fired cannons, driven a tank (yes, really), broken Caterina Sforza out of prison, fought a cult that dress as wolves and worship Romulus, recruited my own team of assassins...I could never list the huge amount of things there are to do. I haven't played the multiplayer much yet but what I have seen of it seems pretty good (I fail at it, but it's good fun anyway). The only problem I have found so far is one that's already been mentioned - sometimes you find yourself having to replay ten or fifteen minutes of gameplay because of dying a long time after the last checkpoint or because of failing to get 100% Synchronisation. This is annoying when it happens but it's still definitely worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars I call foul...., 2 Dec 2011
Mike (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

It doesn't bother me because I'm always connected anyway but I can sympathise with the anger of someone that wants to play a single player game and has no internet connection. They can't play.

But that's not my point - my point is: where did all those 1 star reviews go? This game is MASSIVELY popular and has been out for 9 months, yet there are only 29 customer reviews? AC2 has 320 customer reviews.

Anyway this game is pretty good, graphics are awesome and there are more than enough things to do with your time in the world, but I can't give it a high rating because I get so frustrated with the game. The Ubisoft launcher constantly messes with my VPN and I do agree that it's absurd that a single player requires the internet. It's also stupidly easy, you just need to learn how to counter-attack, but that never stopped me enjoying the overall experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars assasssin's creed 2.2 (aka assassin's creed brotherhood), 10 Oct 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I would like to start this review by saying I never comment on time delivery unless there are really taking the mic. Nevertheless due to the amount of complains I saw here before I bought the game, I can't help to defend the vendor (iNetVideo in that case).

Yes the vendor operate in Canada so what!!!! the DVD is not region lock, if you are buying from this vendor it means you could not find cheaper at the moment you bought the game.

I paid that game very cheap £6.50 which also include £2.03 shipping fees. From the order it took 2 weeks to arrived so what's the big deal about being patient?
At the end of the day I managed to get a game very cheap, save £10 on average by being patient. The game arrived well packed and compare to the assassin's creed 2 game I brought in UK I had no just one but two quick start manual (in English and in French).

I won't go into the story of that game cause i would assume that you had played Assassin's creed 1 and/or 2 and i don't wanna spoil the fun. If you haven't play assassin's creed 2, I would strongly suggest to play it first otherwise you won't get that game.

One thing I noticed nearly straight away, is that when I played that game during the 1st hour. I have the feeling it was means to be with the orignal assassins creed 2 and ubisoft kind of stretch that game to make it on his own.

As far as the main plot goes you don't really learn major things which is also why that game feels like a filler for me, and i think that game was supposed to be included in the 2nd chapter. When you go over it, the game is really fun and there is plenty thing to do. I also like some of scenes of the game where it's a bit "holywoodish" and when Ezio's mum and sister become pimp. You can now train and improve your assassin skill via the virtual.

My only criticisms are that most of the action so far (i haven't beat the game yet) is just locate in Rome.Ezio is very hard to control some time. You can feel the game has been originally think as PS3/Xbox game. Oh yeah I nearly forgot the "capitalist" apsect of the game, what???? Yeah in order to built your bortherhoood you need cash, and to get more cash you need to make some investments (bank, building, shops) this for me is a bit of laid down even if it's justify.

Pro:
- graphics seems to be refine.
- plenty things to do.
- really fun and nice cliches will make you smile.

Cons:
- controller, like assassin's creed 2 ezio can be very difficult to control during free running or even fight.
- U play apps and that DRM which implies a constant internet connection.
- fell more a filler/add-ons than an actual game. you also need to have played assassin's creed 2, to really understand the game)
- don't reaally like the music in that game (prefer by far the one in assassin's creed 1 and 2)

One of the thing you must have hear about is the intrusive DRM. Well that one seems as intrusive as assasssin's creed 2. To be honest I did not have much problem with Assassin's creed bortherhood except when it took me age to install the game.

Again I did not encounter too much issue (U play crash after I exit from the game) while playing both games and I can't complain about it. i also have to say that before purchasing that game I had a workaround for the DRM and this for both Assassin's creed 2 and Assassin's bortherhood, but I never use them.

I run the game on mid/high-range setting and here my configuration:

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 +
- Nvidia Geforce GT240 - 1 GB VRAM
- 6GB RAM DDR2
- Creative soundblaster Audigy 4
- Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition
- Airflow controller/nostromno N52

Note: Make sure you have the latest graphic and audio driver. At the end of assassin's creed 2 and at the begining of that game. I did not have any sound for most of the game, it when I updated the drivers of my sound card and grahics card I have the sound back. it seems to be a commun issue which is easily solvable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins creed brotherhood, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Having played Ac1 & AC2, this game is just as much fun/challenging, with a few added extras, such as recruiting trainee assassins & overseeing their progress throughout the game. You can of course just play the game as a standard AC game but I loved the added options of having a back-up team for those sticky situations. The usual puzzles are there too - glyphs to find & solve, & the 6 keys of Romulus.
Worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD), 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Big fan of the first Assasins Creed, was let down by the second, was weary of Brotherhood but i took a chance & glad i did, if you have never played the Assasins Creed games you might be a bit lost on the back story but it does re cap slightly from were it left off on the sencond game as the first games story doesnt realy come into play as of yet, i hear it does in the fourth game yet to be made, you are character called Desmond Miles (set in our time) hooked up to a type of Virtual Reality machine called the Animus, it can read DNA from people a visualise their past in the form of memories stored deep within their DNA, Desmond was captured by a secret organisation which is hinted at to be descendents of the Templars, they found out that Desmond was from a long bloodline of Assasins, the Templars are looking for a lost artifact with imense power called the Piece of Eden, it was hidden by the Assasins to stop the Templars getting their hands on such power, after many years of searching they have yet to find it, hence Desmond & the Animus machine, they are hoping by probing Desmonds DNA they can find were the Assasins have hidden it, originaly you were re living the memories of a character called Altair & it was set in Jerusalem,(incredible & stunning game, get it if you dont own it already)

You are now re living a character called Ezio Auditore, a young nobleman from 1476 in Florence who you were in the second game as well, a quick re cap on the second game, at this stage you have been freed from the Templars & have been rescued by a small team of Assasins that have managed to remain unditected throughout history like the Templars untill now (our time) they have got themselves a type of Animus machine as they suspect the Templars are close to getting to the Piece of Eden & need to find it before they do, you realy start to feel for Desmond, the guys so messed up with all thats going on lol, he was just minding his own business as a Bar Tender originaly, every time Desmond re lives his familys memories he is starting to find that its changing his own DNA, he is developing skill he never had, its called the bleeding effect from being in the Animus,

Brotherhood is set around the city of Monteriggioni & Rome, a large open world game traveling from place to place & its absolutely stunning, its a third person game that relies on stealth as well as skilled combat, you & your family are trying to re build Rome to its former glory as you fight thru corruption & set things rite again, places & people you meet are historicaly acurate to a degree, time lines are off, a bit of developer artistic license there, lol, the excuse is that the Templars changed dates/times to cover there traces thruout history, lol, the gameplay is incredible, realy draws you in, i was a bit lost after completing it, i was sad that i had to return my mind to the real world, lol, graphics, sound & voice acting are superb as well, get this game, an absolute must

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not "that good", 15 May 2011
Martin Bahier - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This new episode of the Assassin's creed series is pretty good when you look at the storyline and the "playground" you've got (you can travel on rooftops using funky moves, you get to purchase some nifty toys like the "leap climbing" glove quite fast, there is and underground sewer network to travel fast ...).
On the other hand Ezio is still a pain to maneuver sometimes. The commonest problem that comes to my mind and that was already present on the second episode is that jumping to the platform in front of you is not always as easy as it seems, because if you enter the "free run node" like a half second too late, Ezio will drop on the ledge of his current platform (the jump doesn't take where the camera is pointing into account), so when you have a locked camera in a weird angle and have to make some funky diagonal jump it sometimes becomes a nightmare of frustration without many trial and error. Having a character that is supposed to be an assassin / "ninja" that can jump almost anywhere from anywhere but not being able to do so because of a combination of timing and camera positioning kind of defeats the purpose for me... But the points in the game that are made difficult because of that are not the majority.

Overall it's a very fun experience that allows you to see some of the most famous roman pieces of architecture (Coloseum, Pantheon, Castle Sant Angelo...), and perform missions in them which is always nice.

The "rebuild the assassin's guild" part is fun but as far as i've gotten I didn't have to call them as frequently as i'd have expected, their leveling up is a bit long at the beginning but when you already have 2 or 3 assassins, training new ones is a cakewalk.

When it comes to difficulty, if you want a little harder missions, don't forget to read the notes on how to accomplish full synchronization on the mission starting screen. Completing the missions without synch is almost never challenging untill you get quite far in the game and it's good training (the secondary objectives can be like "do not kill anyone", "don't use ranged weapons", "poison the target", "use your assassins to kill the target" ... which make s you play differently for a while and, fortunately, add moves or situation analysis to your own gameplay)

Overall this game uses the same recipe as the second AC and adds some stuff (new moves, assassins at your orders, weird "investment" system ...) but doesn't look like it has improved much on aspects like Ezio's control. It remains fun to play but for those who didn't play the second, I'd recommend going for it first : it's the same gameplay and it'll give you some background to understand what is happening in ACB or else it might seem cryptic sometimes, Brotherhood stacks up new features and some improvements but doesn't completely change the gameplay

4.0 out of 5 stars AC: Brotherhood, another sequel., 23 July 2011
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I have played through the whole series on the PC, and I will definitely by the next one to come out, (Yes, sorry, there is another one). This is simply because I find the story line to the game fascinating.

In this one you are able to roam around a lot more freely I felt, with a variety of weapons that unlock through the game. Whether or not these additions were needed I don't know, as I tended to stick to the hidden blades and crossbow (Which was one of the best additions I thought!).

This game was a lot more about stealth, remaining undetected, which I thought to be a great improvement upon the others, as you could before just run in, jump off a ceiling and kill everything in your path. In some missions you weren't even allowed to kill anyone but the target, which was great fun and much more challenging! There's a lot more diversity in the missions I felt too, I mean, they are all still assassinations, but not just the same old same old assassinations like the first Assassin's Creed was.

Combat on horses change a lot of things too, especially when you're trying to face off a heap of guards with one of them on horseback, it made the game more challenging than it was previously.

With regards to some of the other reviews that have had negative comments, I feel strongly that they are giving this game a bad reputation for the following:
- 'Investment Options'
- 'Movement'

A lot have mentioned how they play this game to be an Assassin, not an investment banker. Well ... All you had to do was buy a few shops as you go around, usually ones that are CONVINIENT to your needs. For example, I bought a blacksmith and a doctor near where I was doing missions, so if I needed to between missions, I could repair and heal / buy potions. I feel this part of the game added something more, as I had more aims than just to complete the story, I wanted to do as much as possible, not just assassination after assassination, because that is just a small part of the game I feel.

Now with regards to the movement, people seem to say that when you try to control Ezio (Or Desmond?) that he runs around in the wrong direction, jumping off stuff he isn't meant too or that he generally does not do what you want him too. I, again, have to disagree, either they made a game totally different for me than what they had, or simply they just can not play the game (I don't want to seem harsh saying that). Yes, I agree, sometimes he doesn't do what I want him to, but that is my fault because I realise he can't jump Y amount of feet, he can only do X amount.

Multiplayer:
Well, this was something different to what I've ever experienced, in my first few games I loved it, then I started to get annoyed with this part, mainly due to other players though. In some game modes you get a target, while someone else has you as their target. You've got to try and kill as many of your targets as you can, being as stealthy as you can (killing innocent targets etc loses points). The annoying thing that most players would do was wait for you to kill, then WHILE you were doing your kill syncronization, they would kill you, as you can not do ANYTHING about it.

This would usually continuously happen, though not all the time I admit, but I found it a lot more apparent in matches the further ranked I became.

Overall a great game, great story, can't wait for the next one. I only rated 4 stars because I feel everything can always be improved, but it was 10 out of 10 fun wise for me.

Pros:
- Similar to the old games if you liked them
- But also adds in a LOT more features (With multiplayer as well)
- Much more variety in methods of killing or completing missions
- No issues with the Protective stuff on the game like I had with previous ones (Though that was small issue for me anyway).
- Cooler instant kills, which allow you to do a chain like effect, going from one guard to the next if you're being overwhelmed.
- You get a crossbow, if that isn't enough for you, I don't know what will be!

Cons:
- Some players may find the game too easy end-game, as you get around 15 healing potions to carry with you (Which is a ridiculous amount)
- Multiplayer could have some improvements

I hope this review helped, any questions then just post a comment below and I'll try my best to help :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A chase through dark places once more, 21 Mar 2011
Jason Prudhoe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The successor to AC2 continues where Ezio and Desmond left off, confused by the warning and prophecy of the Earth about to undergo some major catastrope, interestingly enough, the events in Desmonds timeline is 2012.

To recap: From AC1 and AC2:
Desmond was broken out of Abstergo Industries, a fictional company who is the power in the world controlled by Knights Templar agents whose true goal is to Control the people by manipulating events around the masses to respond the way Abstergo wants it, the only way to do it is to assassinate anyone who does not agree with them or have others discredit former employees of this secret group. Besides that, Abstergo created a device called the Animus which can access genetic memories from the DNA of a subject, the first 15 test subjects, probably assassins that have been captured like Desmond Miles did not survive the experiments on the animus test bed until a key figure, subject 16, he died but left some major clues that can unravel the mystery that Desmond Miles is caught up in.

Upto this point Desmond has never been one to sit around long enough to attract any unwanted attention, he mentioned when he was younger, he left an Assassin's farm and his parents because he hated it and considered his parents 'strangers', he then lived his life as a bartender until recently and then became a drifter, that was until he was caught out by using a credit card transaction on a motorbike which brought him to Abstergo against his will.

In a room in Abstergo's main headquarters, Desmond was forced to enter the animus and relive the Memories of Altair ibn La-Ahad to find a device called a 'Piece of Eden', the device in question is supposed to contain great amount of information. While in Altair's memories, Altair almost had a chance of stealing it without much trouble but in his act of arrogance, he lost his rank and his friends amounst the order he was in and failed, eventually Altair discovers the truth about everything around him and recovers the artefact which contained information that is vital to the Templars efforts. Right afterward this, the Templars had little use for an Assassin in their building.

The next day after Lucy vouched for Desmonds life, she broken him out of Abstergo and teamed up with two other Assassins, one of the assassins created another animus called 'Baby', and the other one is filled with his own self importance and sarcasm. Desmond has to relive the memories of another ancestor, Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Desmond needed to access Ezio to learn how to fight as an assassin and along the way discovers several amazing and strange facts and incidents which led Ezio to Rodrigo Borgia who then led Ezio to Minerva...

ACB in my opinion:
I did a quick playthrough, took about 8 hours total to complete that, but it was an fascinating 8 hours for certain. I am currently on a second playthrough, this time going for the 100% maximum result, along the way i have dicovered a pile of very annoying problems, one specifically pointed to a lack of save points on some missions loosing 15 minutes+ of work, while others are related to phantom keys apparently being pressed when i have never touched them, so in the case i want to go left it tells the puppet being Ezio to let go off a ledge or tell him to go the wrong way.

Its not the only annoying problems this game has at times, during the a fight and you go on an executing streak which by itself is fun killing limitless guards, sometimes a guard grabs you and wont release you no matter what you try, no fault on my end, it is annoying loosing a good kill streak of 10+ guards on the keyboard, another is when a guard attacks you exactly at a moment you can not respond like actually during an animated executing strike. i think it was designed that way intentionally, but then again some practice maybe required since i only got the game when it first came out.

The graphics are pretty much the same as AC2, so a little disappointed, but there have been refinements to this, as there has been refinements to the attack features and map features. the investments option which will pull in more money is required for internet contact, and to be honest i dont see the point in limiting the fun factor like that, another brain dead scheme from Ubisoft for which i will not yield to. another problem is when you go offline mode, apprently you are still connected to Ubisoft's servers, the only reason i noticed it is when their servers and my computer loose a connection with one another and then shortly reconnects with a message saying so, but it does not interrupt the gameplay.

With these annoying problems and bugs plaguing moments you do not need them the most, it takes the fun out of the game and really lowers the overall impression of a good game thus far.

6/10 is my score rating and knowing Ubisoft i wouldnt be surprised if they had securom software on the disc, despite the average score, its just as good as AC2, but the both of them couldnt hold a candle to AC1, a lone assassin vs 20+ guards on ocassions and from what i could tell, seemingly less bugged then the next two that have been taken to PC.

Revision 1: After the first playthrough and second play through, i needed to remove the game for an issue elsewhere on the HDD, got it fixed and installed the game once more, for no apparent reason the game is now running slow and stuttering like crazy even before i hit the main menu, and before it never had this problem. i have all the latest drivers and the current rig i got 2.8ghz phenom II x3 with the near lastest ATI 6000 series card 1gb gdd5, with 4 gb of ddr3 at 1066 speed and x-fi gaming sound card to prevent exactly this problem from ocurring. if i can not find a way around the issue the whole HDD will need to be wiped and start over after only a month. the reason i say this is because ubisoft usually implant one of these horrible leech drm software on the hard disk and i suspect after the latest install that it is responsible for the current slow downs, even with first time install it did stutter from time to time on an inconsistent basis and now its probably messing about on my computer, a simple virus scan or anti rootkit of spyware kit or anything else like that will not solve it as its designed to be so far buried under the data that only a complete wipe would be the only resort. i bet my right arm that when the hdd is wiped and everything is back on the computer, that the stutters will have disappeared and when a second install occurs that the stutters will come back again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC Game), 17 April 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
It's good. I don't think it's quite as good as AC2 and definitely not as good as AC: Black Flag.
Definitely one to buy if you're working through the series though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Fantastic game comes up to expectations well would thoroughly recommend it to anyone but really better on the Xbox Hate doing reviews

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) by Ubisoft (Windows Vista / XP)