Published on 9 Nov. 2010 by Raistrick

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to look at, but flawed gameplay
As a fan of the first Hawx game, I was very much looking forward to this release. Sadly, it really doesn't live up to the hype.

Granted, the graphics are beautifully rendered. Buildings look like buildings should, cities are lit by night, tracer fire screams across the screen and the mountainous landscapes look great.

Unfortunately the gameplay is...
Published on 7 Sept. 2010 by C. Moffatt

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to look at, but flawed gameplay, 7 Sept. 2010
C. Moffatt "moffty" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

Unfortunately the gameplay is just not up to scratch. Missions are often repetitive and while some are very difficult, others are too easy (particularly the levels involving drone planes). While the drone gameplay in Modern Warfare II was fast and thrilling, here it is slow and tedious - probably more like the real thing, but this is a game, after all.

The jets handle awkwardly and turn too slowly. Almost all enemies require at least two direct missile hits to take them down, which can't possibly be realistic. Your copilots are totally inept in some missions, then become unbeatably amazing in other missions. It's all very inconsistent.

The storyline is somewhat unoriginal, and some of the dialogue is laughable ("You just saved four million people. Well done.") You can't help but feel that major chunks of this game have been rushed.

Ultimately this could have been a great game, but apart from glimpses of quality, it disappoints. Perhaps worth trying out for the arcade levels, but it's not going to become one of your favourite games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too much online play necessary and moments of AWFUL graphics, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having loved the first one and usually buying games second hand, I spent more than I usually do for games and forked out £17-odd for this one when the price came down - and it was worth it, but I'm glad I didn't spend more. The story was quite poor compared to the first game, but I wasn't bothered. The levels were slightly more interesting and some were quite challenging. The controls felt more realistic and they've got rid of the flares being on the main joystick, where if you accidentally pushed down too hard turning you lost a flare.

Irritatingly though, I finished it quite quickly and found that to unlock pretty much anything else I needed to spend tedious lengths of time playing survival mode OR go online, which I'm not paying for (I never paid for counter-strike, so don't see why I should pay for xbox games). That's the main problem with this game and why I can't give it the full marks I was hoping for; they haven't stuck to the formula of rewarding players enough whilst they play, meaning that before I've unlocked the planes I want to use, I'm bored, questioning whether I want to unlock the new weapon pack on the F16 or whether there's any cheats. If you play it online, you'll be fine and the rewards will flood in naturally as you aim to be top gun, but against a machine there's no such interest.

Even more unforgivable are the shocking graphics that pop up every now and then in story mode (along with the shoddy ray-tracing on the plane, giving the reflection a jagged edge and leaving the plane looking a little cartoony), especially in video sequences where you would expect it to be better than what can be achieved during standard play.

If you love flight simulator games, you have to get it, there's not enough out there not to, but it isn't better than Ace Combat 6 (which had a contrived story, but great gameplay) and I expect not better than Ace Combat 7 when it's released :D

2.0 out of 5 stars Dosn't live up to hype, 17 Sept. 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
First off i loved the original Hawx game and also the 2 ghost recon games but unfortunately Hawx2 feel's like it's taken a step backwards. Like other reviews i found the story line un-envolving, it also feel's as though every other level you have to control some sort of UAV and i can't help but feel that these missions are only their to bulk out the gameplay time of the main storyline.

Equally i was pleased to see that they had added the need for you to take off and land your aircraft, unforuntaltely the way it's been implemented it will often take 5+ mins to do and i again feel they've only done this to bulk out the game.

The graphics are good but not a whole lot better than the original. Like another reviewer said the AI assitance is stupid, your co pilots are generally crap and ground forces incapable of doing anything without your assitance, you litteraly feel as if you've won the whole war single handed, which is not realy a good thing from a realism point of view.

I also dislike that they have removed the ability to select which plane you are using and now have to use a game selected plane for every mission. Equally you don't realy find yourself building any attachment to the characters in the game, as you jump from one to the other all the time and they have no personality.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointment..., 7 Sept. 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Let me first say I was a huge fan of HAWX, I loved that game and still do, so on hearing about HAWX 2 I immediately pre-ordered it. It arrived on time and I was ever-so excited. But after 10 minutes of in game play. I was very disappointed..

The controls are sloppy and unresponsive, the actual control of the plane is awkward with the game trying to correct my flight path or level me out at the most inconvenient moments when I don't want to be levelled out. I found the camera sticks at weird angles and there is no option to change the sensitivity of the controls. HAWX2, on the case displays the local co-op as available, yet after hours of trying to work it out and internet searches I soon found out that option had been removed from the game. This was the last straw for me. While the graphics of the game and the new HUD are beautiful and very well done, and the new landing and taking off feature is very fun. It doesn't make up for the lack of basic control, the lack of control customisation and the lack of the local co-op. The missions are repetitive and boring with the storyline far from thrilling. A day into owning the game, it's already on ebay. Such a disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Clancy, not the best of his., 16 Feb. 2013
H Coles "BOSS" (Canada) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bought this for my Dad as a present for his new xbox. I'm a fan of the Tom Clancy games, but after playing on it myself and gathering what my Dad said, I wasn't too impressed with the fun factor. The HD Graphics are pretty nice, nice little details; however the game isn't all that fun, but for a little game for hardly a lot of money, its worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Flight Sim, 27 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game rocks! I haven't played a better flight sim. The graphics can be crap, but I don't concentrate on that. The gameplay is the part that I like, its long, challenging, and addictive. Otherwise its brilliant, I don't know what the fuss is all about. All I can say is that its a good game. Good stuff Ubisoft

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for budding pilots, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Got this for my son for Christmas and he loves planes and says it is great fun and great scenes. Good clean fun compared to some of the games out in the market. A good starter game for 12 year olds

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game underrated, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Really enjoyed playing this, would like to of found a more active online community, but system link with friends is also entertaining, next one should feature bot matching too :)

4.0 out of 5 stars hawk 2, 5 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
its a xbox game and one my son wanted and he loves it really enjoys playing this one.my sons 14 years old and they arent always easy to please with games but he loves this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 7 Jan. 2013
Mr. A. J. Mouter "Andy" (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
this was delivered quick and the technical achivements for this game are superb. With all the sponsors in the disign like locheed martin and goeye makes tha game woth while.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Xbox 360)