on 1 April 2013
I bought this on the strength of the good reviews, but I find it really awkward to use. It doesn't pierce the tin easily at all, it doesn't cut cleanly through all the way round, and the magnet is irrelevant because the lid isn't cut off. In fact it's pretty useless and bulky too. This is the only item I've ever bought on Amazon that I have been really unhappy with.
on 31 August 2012
After using different types of can openers (electric and manual), I can now say that I've found the perfect one. This is a no frills opener and overall very handy device to have in the kitchen. Would definitely buy again.
on 6 January 2016
After buying a few different can openers and not being able to open cans with them I read some reviews and decided to buy this based on what I'd read. I have to say it is brilliant, really easy to use and does what it's supposed to do with ease. We are very, very pleased with it
on 17 February 2016
At last I have a no nonsense can opener that really works. My previous can opener was the type that took the complete top off, thus exposing a very sharp edge which was very dangerous. Prior to that I had an electric can opener which was tricky to use.
It's nice to find a simple straight forward device. I have been using it for the last 2 weeks with no problems. In fact it is a joy to open cans instead of a chore.
on 24 January 2016
The best can opener I've ever used! I was so sick of using can openers that would get stuck, leave sharp bits on the cans or simply not open the can! This one has been amazing! The large handle makes it easy to grip which is something I've never had luck with before, and the little magnet means that it will lift up the lid once it's opened - so handy! I love it!
on 8 February 2016
Works a treat! Easy to use and seems well made. One of the best can openers I've had with one small problem - with cans that have a narrow lip when the opener can't grip the rim and keeps slipping off.
on 10 May 2016
Great tin opener. Magnet helps most of the time but isn't perfect, not that it would be expected.

I have used mine a lot since I bought it and no problems or faults so far.
on 24 May 2016
It might be better if it was made of metal, but its a bendy piece of rubbish plastic that only opens the occasional tin without trashing the tin and failing to take the to off
on 8 September 2015
We have five can openers, ranging in price from £1.50 to £20, and not one of them has lasted more than a matter of months (sometimes less) without either developing quirks (like only opening some tins but not others, or only working if you manage to attach it at precisely the right angle).

So we bought this as recommended by The Sweet Home (http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-can-opener/), and are extremely pleased (and relieved) to report that it has worked faultlessly since purchase, and has put all of its competitors to shame.

It is occasionally slightly fiddly to align correctly (only on certain can designs) but generally speaking it's been a joy to use - it's comfortable to hold, opens effortlessly, and even holds the removed lid magnetically once you've finished.

Highly recommended.
on 2 April 2014
We've had a lot of trouble trying to find a decent can opener. (A lot of the problems seem to be because there is no standard to the can construction.) This opener worked well on the tins we've used so far. I like the way the opener clamps to the can when you squeeze the handles shut, no more can slipping as you start cutting. Has a press-button release on the top of the handles.