5.0 out of 5 stars great gps
Published on 23 July 2010 by neil reid

2.0 out of 5 stars Snooper Shotsaver S320
I purchased this a week ago and have used it 3 times. I am very dissapointed in the screen visual readability.
In bright sunlight it is impossible to read and when sheilded not much better. The top & bottom graphics showing
the hole number etc are in such small graphics that they are illegible(tested with several friends)
The distances shown may be...
Published on 20 July 2010 by sandrab.

2.0 out of 5 stars Snooper Shotsaver S320, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
The distances shown may be faultless but it is useless in operation for me.(I have slightly long sight and use contacts for golf- I can read any score card or small print but not this) I hope I get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gps, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
I have had a caddy lite gps for over 2 years and have been happy with it but fed up paying £40 a year subscription for something that is essentially one of the more basic models you will find. decided to purchase the s320 with sat nav and wow absolutely love it. free course downloads, card for the course, average distances for clubs, stores 100 courses, scroll through hazards right up to green, 12hr battery life, sat nav and other features i havent had a chance to use yet.
only downside is yes it is a bit hard to see in bright sunlight but i can honestly say this gps is fantastic, you wont regret buying it. found it to be more accurate than my caddy lite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd asked around a bit before I bought this., 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
The large size numbers and symbols used for distances and hazards take up too much of the screen. The "hole number, length, par and stroke index" text is tiny at the top of the screen. The "menu, hole out, battery state and back button" are tiny at the bottom of the screen. Could have been so much better with an overall better standard sized text and smaller symbols. All of this you can see before you buy but you need to experience it before you realise the problems caused. Sometimes the distance on the screen differs from the markers on the course but that's usually because the course markers are incorrect. Probably very useful on a course you are unfamiliar with as you approach the green. Wish it had satelite view of hole which would give so much more info about the layout.

2.0 out of 5 stars **** BEWARE****, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
HAVING RECENTLY PURCHASED A SNOOPER S320 , I WAS HAPPY WITH THE UNIT . UNTIL THE SCREEN GOT A CRACK IN IT , WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU IS THE SCREEN IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY AND THEREFORE THE UNIT IS USELESS. SO BEWARE

4.0 out of 5 stars Why bother with SAT Nav, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
The shotsaver is a great golfing aid and simple to use. With free lifetime subscription and lots of courses to download its great. I would have given the shotsaver 5 stars on its own but I bought the one with SAT Nav included. It is not worth paying the extra for the Sat Nav as you have to pay a monthly subscription to get the speed cameras loaded onto the unit much better buying the shotsaver and a seperate TOM TOM

1.0 out of 5 stars Snnoper S320 GOLF GPS - Rubbish Service, 6 July 2010
M. Daly (Scotland) - See all my reviews
June 2013 (update) -

Ok so I purchsed this in 2010, but that's no excuse !

Contacted SportsSat as I'd lost the software to update/download other courses (changed laptop) - no response to emails/no contact number/Website is useless.

Avoid, there's plenty of other suppliers providing a quality service. Also, please note this product/GPS software is from SportsSat not supplied by Snooper so Snooper dont provide support!!

Thanks

************************************************************************

I've been looking at Golf GPS systems for a while and after a bit of deliberation purchased this one from Amazon.

It's fantastic, there's thousands of course's available for the UK, and after recently requesting a course be mapped it was completed within 5days!

The screen is extremely clear and the icons for the bunkers, steams, paths etc are really great.

One of the best things about this apart of the clarity of the screen and easy of use for things like "working out how far you hit the ball" is once you've purchased it, all the course's are FREE and there is NO yearly subscription. Most of the other GPS's I looked at had course fee's and a yearly subscription, meaning if you didn't keep on paying it you couldn't use it - crazy !!

Well Done "Snooper UK" a great device and a great price.

Thanks

PS As usual Amazon service was 1st class.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shotsaver S320, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
Don't be fooled by the nice cover that it has, it won't be long before it starts to peel off.
I have only used it 5 times and one of the buttons has dropped off.
It's at the manufacturers at the moment being repaired.
I expect the postage will be at my expense.
By the way it's the s320.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor course data, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
I agree with those who say the text on the perimeter of the screen is too small, and that the screen is difficult to read in bright conditions, but my main complaint is that the course information is inaccurate.
I bought my Snooper about a year ago, and have used it on 10 different courses.
On 4 of the 10 I found significant errors in the course data. I have reported these faults and as far as I know they have been corrected.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great product, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
I am so pleased with my Snooper Shotsaver S320 Golf GPS.
I have used it every round since getting it April & found it very accurate, the only worry I did had was would the battery last after reading some previous reviews but I have played 36 Holes in one day without charge with mine & still had 1/4 of battery life left.
The only slight thing I would change is the icon in the top lefthand side is in white & a little difficult to see in the sunlight, if that was in black writing it would be easier to see but i'm nit picking really!!
Fantastic product.
Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor accuracy, 1 Sep 2010
This review is from: Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS (Sports)
A number of my golfing friends have the Skycaddie Golf GPS and they seem to be very happy with it. Good accuracy when compared to on course yardage markers, clear screen and easy to use. However most of them said they were irritated at having to pay an annual subscription and if they had their choice again they would go for a GPS without a subscription. So I took their advice and bought the Snooper S320. Very disappointed. The screen is terrible in bright conditions. I've tried an anti-glare film but it makes little difference. As another reviewer said, some of the text is so small it is almost impossible to read. Also it doesn't automatically move on to the next hole. However, my biggest gripe is the accuracy of the product. On my home course we have a par 3 of 189 yds. Snooper yardage was 168 yards. I also compared the yardage against a number of on course markers and whilst it was reasonably accurate most of the time there were a few yardages that were more than 10 yards out. The same problem occurred on another course I played. I find this unacceptable. I may not be the greatest golfer but I have a good idea of how far I can hit each club. I subsequently returned the Snooper for a full refund and bought a Sonocaddie which has exactly the same problem with accuracy. That is also going back for a refund. I now know from reading the Skycaddie website they map most of the courses by walking the course with GPS surveying equipment. I'm almost certain that Snooper and Sonocaddie only use co-ordinates from satellite images to map the courses, hence the poor accuracy. Perhaps Skycaddie charge a subscription for a very good reason!

Snooper Shotsaver S320 UK XI Black Golf GPS