5.0 out of 5 stars Tennant at his best
I saw this back in 2005 when it first aired and I was absolutely amazed by it. Tennant was chilling as Brendan Block and nothing at all like 'The Doctor' he is so well-known for portraying. His character is a genuine bad guy and Tennant shows exactly why he is such a good actor. Kate Ashfield is also brilliant and even reduced me to tears at certain points.
It's...
Published on 13 July 2008 by Mara

3.0 out of 5 stars Great acting, terrible story.
Published on 27 April 2011 by Wulingyi

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennant at his best, 13 July 2008
It's great to see this finally released on DVD, 3 years after its air date, and it is a must-buy for anyone. One of the best dramas ever shown by ITV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Smile, 28 Dec. 2010
M. Elliott "Margaret" (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this when it was aired on terrestrial TV and absolutely loved it. I have raved about it to my family so much, I just had to purchasse a copy to be viewed over the Christmas period.
BRILLIANT! - Just do not read the blurb on the back of the DVD. It will spoil your enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and sinister, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this dvd, I like David Tennant either when he is playing a sinister character like this one or a dynamic Dr Who. The cast was good, the plot could have been a bit more unpredictable but it isn't glaringly obvious and there is room for guessing. If you enjoy this try the Politician's husband which is another suspense film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great acting, terrible story., 27 April 2011
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this only because I was curious about Tennant's other work aside from Who. I had seen a clip from YouTube and was delighted to discover it was a thriller. Acting wise, I wasn't disappointed. All the characters are unlikeable and unsympathetic which comes across very well. From the obvious villain Block to the less than innocent Cotton. Tennant is hair raisingly evil and unlikeable, yet dangerously charming.

Unfortunately, that's where it all falls apart. The story is implausible and insulting, especially to those who work in law enforcement. The production values are rock bottom low-- I'm not expecting HD, but this looks like cheap dv. The way they handled the subplot of miranda's brother is also clumsy.

As for the DVD itself, the packaging is acceptable for the price. There are no extras whatsoever. Understandable for such a tele movie but disappointing nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really intensely good drama., 5 July 2014
B. Perham (Brisbane, QLD, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
David Tennant in one of his very best roles and the female characters were superb as well. Loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
not bad, but not as good as hoped

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the book, 20 Jun. 2014
L. Sims Robinson (North of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
This was very good with David Tennant great as the rotter. A twist in the tale at the end too made this an extremely watchable DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Smile, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
David Tennant, as his most creepy! really good story of a possessive ,controlling man! The characters are believable, if this isn't in your collection, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally fabulous acting from all the cast, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
This is a must see if you think David Tennant is a good actor. I was scared and entranced and have encountered someone like his character who entered my family for years and caused us problems. We fared better than the victim, but the plot was understandable for me. EW

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennant in a different light, 25 April 2014
S. Perkins "Sharon booklover" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
I hadn't seen this film so bought it as a treat. It was a great film. Im a David Tennant fan anyway so it was a real treat.

Secret Smile [DVD]
Secret Smile [DVD] by David Tennant (DVD - 2009)