5.0 out of 5 stars Great family film
Published on 5 Jan. 2011 by Mrs. A. E. Byrne

3.0 out of 5 stars A NICE LITTLE FILM
BOUGHT IT FOR THE KIDS, 16 AND 13 AND NEITHER RATED IT VERY HIGHLY, BUT MY HUSBAND AND I ENJOYED IT.
Published on 17 Jan. 2011 by Jadey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family film, 5 Jan. 2011
Mrs. A. E. Byrne (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film expecting it to be the usual Christmas mix of sentimental slush, but was pleasantly surprised. I think I identified with the family as we have a son with special needs, but the whole thing, whilst it has its moments of sentimentality, doesn't overdo it and it's all handled well. The flashbacks which indicate that the father's resistance to having a dog is somewhere in his past are well done, and I thought the actor portraying the son with learning difficulties was very good. All in all, a great family film. I even got the book out of the library to read it afterwards!

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical Christmas film, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
This film absolutely made my Christmas for me.
After watching Marley and Me last Chrismas Eve,and sobbing for hours after the film had finished I was rather wary of another golden labrador!
The tears I cried for Christmas and his family,however,were tears of happiness and joy.
From the very start of the film,you knew how it was going to end and it pulled on every heartstring through the 90 minutes of the film before reaching its finale.
A wonderful family film reflecting the true meaning of Christmas: love and giving.
I would recommend this film very highly for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heartwarming Family Film, 20 Mar. 2011
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I firstly ordered the book, not realising it was a novel, so when it arrived I was a bit unsure. However all that dissappeared as soon as I started to read it.
It is a BRILLIANT story. Then when I saw it was also on DVD I had to get it.
It is tender, heartwarming and inspirational. If only everyone was like this towards dogs. I loved it and would thoroughly recommend it as good family viewing. It also shows up how compassionate special needs children can be and likewise how they can be helped by the love of a dog. In addition it brings home that there are many dogs in shelters and how, with a little thought and effort on behalf of a lot of familys, these dogs can make great pets and enrich family life. A pet is a lot of work but the rewards make it all worth while and it is great for children to grow up and learn to care for a pet. It is a lovely DVD to have in your collection and will also make a great stocking filler gift at Christmas time too

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Touching, 19 Jan. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
i thought this film was going to be the run of the mill cheesy film but it was really touching and if you have a dog yourself you will be giving it a big cuddle after watching this film

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dog Named Christmas, 18 Jan. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I simply adore Golden Retrievers and dog stories, so this film was right up my alley. I watched it several times, and I enjoyed it each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
A group of us watched this together and loved every minute of it. A perfect story with a perfect ending. Heartwarming, yes, a few tears were shed, but the ending made up for it. What better movie to watch on Christmas day than this. Will remind us what we owe to our furry friends. They deserve the best for what they give us. If bonded with properly owning a dog is a life changing experience. Many of us own a dog but do not interact with it sufficiently and do not pay attention to the benefits it can bring into your life. So I have discovered. If I had my way and the money to do it, I would rescue every unwanted dog and give it the ultimate love and care a dog deserves.

We need to watch many more movies on dogs and read up a lot more on the benefits of dog ownership. (And cats). We now have two stray cats on our premises who are fed three times a day. One was gently caught and "fixed" by the vet. This was to prevent her having kittens on our premises. Imagine our surprise when the vet told us that our cat was a "He" and had been neutered.

In Cape Town a wonderful group of people collect stray cats, take them to the shelter and fix them. They are released back to where they were captured, to help with the problem of stray cats who suffer trauma and abuse at the hands of humans. With the link between animal cruelty and violence now a proven fact, please reader's can we put more time and effort into protecting, rescuing and caring for all animals on this planet. Our survival depends on animals, not vice versa. Thanks for reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming film, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
A truly heartwarming Christmas film that is well worth watching. I thought it might be a bit too sentimental, but it wasn't. Would definitely recommend for a cold winter's day during the Christmas period.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended christmas family film, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this last year wasnt expecting much but wow was i suprised great christmas film for all the family well worth watching on a cold december night with the whole family

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 4 Dec. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
thank you the film i bought off you was great really enjoyed watching it the packaging was great thanks again :):)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute xmas film for kids., 26 Aug. 2011
This review is from: A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
A film for keeping them quiet while you sleep off the dinner. Great for under 12's, grandparents and dog lovers with typical mushy storyline.

A Dog Named Christmas [DVD]
A Dog Named Christmas [DVD] by Peter Werner (DVD - 2010)