on 9 April 2015
Gets the job done in delivering standard video and audio. But be warned, wrap it in strong tape the moment u get it because this thing is so fragile that it all fell apart when i plugged it into the playstation lol. I guess the manufacturer was really tight on using glue to keep it intact. The seller was really quick in sending a replacement though. Secondly its not gold plated as suggested by the misleading item title, its just your standard silver one.
If u dont want to pay much for an AV connector for your psx, then get this and have some tape ready, otherwise works fine.
on 9 September 2013
Needed a new lead for the PS2 this was just the thing, works very well and not expensive at all. Came in the post nice and fast
on 11 April 2013
Item does what it says on the box (not literally). jibber jabber jibber jabber jibber jabber jibber jabber jibber jabber.
on 14 May 2014
Very poor quality cable.. Fell apart as I plugged it into my PS3! Complete waste of money time and money :-(
on 17 November 2012
I bought this for a tricky job, I wanted to play my PS1 on my HDTV PC monitor and this involved a lot of thinking as the screen won't accept a SCART cable or the yellow, red and white connections. My end result was to buy this cable, converter that turns this cable into a SCART connection, plug this into a SCART to HDMI 1080p upscaler box and then HDMI cable into the screen. Not the neatest solution but the end result is PS1 gaming on a screen that shouldn't be able to play it. The build quality is good, as with all cables, don't jerk them or pull them and they'll last for a while. Would recommend this cable for those who need to perform a similar task or just need this able only to play on their tv.
on 13 March 2014
I you are after a quality replacement, I would purchase a proper Sony one, this one has been made a cheaply as possible and is nothing like the original. The plastic is very thin and the cables used are not great quality. It works, but I don't have any faith in it. If you've spent £2-400 on a playstation, but a quality lead.
on 11 January 2011
Brand New TV AV Audio Video Cable Lead composite For PS1 PS2 PS3 Sony Playstation 1, 2 or 3

Does what it is designed to do and a good price, hard to find in the shops in germany. i bought this so i could get the sound from my surround sound system. Makes the gaming experience a whole lot better.
on 4 February 2014
I am outraged! I have received this so called 'Brand New' TV AV Audio Video Gold Plated Cable Lead composite For PS1 PS2, plugged it into my television to enjoy a game evening with my friends to find that the cable did not work. It practically crumbled into my hands and when i looked closer at it, the cables inside had been welded with cheap glue instead of being properly attached and instantly fell apart. This resulted in me realising that this was not brand new and was in fact broken and had been cheaply reattached! I realise that the product was cheap when bought, however advertising 'brand new' is a lie when obviously it is not. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED!
on 28 October 2013
I bought this cable as a replacement for the original one for my son's PS3, which I thought was faulty.

When we connected it up it didn't work. I initially thought it was a bad cable but decided to Google the problem and was surprised to discover that its not the cable.

In order to get it to work you have to reset the PS3. PRESS IN AND KEEP HELD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON. You will hear an initial beep and after five seconds a further beep after which you will be prompted by the PS3 to chose the new setting. Job done. I only wish I knew this before as now I have an extra cable.

This cable is a connect and forget, don't be tempted to keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It arrived at specified time and is OK as a replacement but obviously not as sturdy as the original so four stars from me.
on 14 July 2013
Rated it 4 stars because component is rubbish. only bought it because i'm going to stay with family but no HD TV in spare room, have to jump back 10 years.

The product itself: Looks like the official playstation one, does the job, good price