5.0 out of 5 stars A fine cheap machine with lots of functions and good quality
Published on 5 Aug. 2012 by P. Thorne

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this piece of junk.
If you are looking to buy a nice, cheap functional hassle free printer, you should look elsewhere.

Published on 7 Aug. 2012 by Ryan S

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this piece of junk., 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)

Since buying this machine, I have successfully managed to print about a dozen pages in around 6 months.I would love to have printed many,many more pages,but this machine will not allow it...which is quite frustrating.The problem lies with the number issues it keeps coming up with. Messages such as "No wireless connection" Despite reconfiguring it on a regular basis.Another message I get sometimes is "No paper in tray" even though I have loaded it with the paper correctly in position,trying various different quantities of paper.Sometimes, I do not even get a message.It just ignores my request to print.

I used to have a canon printer.No wireless connectivity and no fancy touch screen display.However,It did print stuff when asked.I wish I had never "upgraded" to this P.O.S.

My advice to you,for what it's worth,is to spend your money on something else that actually works.

Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine cheap machine with lots of functions and good quality, 5 Aug. 2012
P. Thorne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
We have 2 of these both on the wireless network. Use the supplied CD to set it up you can do it manually but the supplied process is reliable and fool proof. Inks are readily available and reasonable cost. But I have refilled mine (black and 3 colours) more than 12 times it is VERY simple see [...] just make sure you do it long before it is empty since the HP firmware will render the cartridge useless if completely emptied. After refilling ignore / accept any low ink warnings.
Quality has always seemed very good, to me, for print, scan and copy (it will copy woithout a PC or network connection). The front door stop is not very robust - one of mine broke - HP sorted it out FOC. All in all a good machine and a low price; you probably get more than you pay for. A perfectly good for domestic or light business use PSC.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy its a nightmare, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
I bought this printer and had problems with its Wifi connectivity from day one. I got around this by connecting it with a USB lead, which was not supplied. But there were additional problems. It seems that every time there is an update from HP it stops working. It needed several full resintalls, reprinting test pages etc etc. I have spent days trying to coax it into going again every time there is an official HP update. Even thinking about it makes me annoyed. The last straw came after I had to update my PC and could not find the original disc with the driver on it. I tried downloading it from the HP site but it always stopped before completion. There are a number of HP software devices who all told me I needed the driver but none provided it as the printer was over a year old and out of warranty. So as well as the machine never really working properly the after sales service was woeful. As I result it is unlikely that I would ever purchase a HP product again. If you are thinking of buying it my advice would be stay well clear. Unless you really like installing printers again, and again, and again

4.0 out of 5 stars An old printer now but does the job, 10 May 2014
Caroline Gale (Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
I've had one of these printers in heavy use for 4 years with no problems other than being a little thirsty on ink (but aren't they all - that's where the companies make their money?!) and finally had print head failure that couldn't be cured by cleaning. As it was cheaper to buy one of these old stock printers complete rather than ordering the print head itself (and I didn't know definitely if that was the problem) I decided to replace like for like. The first one delivered thought it had a permanent paper jam (presumably rollers seized up in storage) but the supplier kindly replaced this and my new one is behaving beautifully. Best of all he let me keep printer no.1 and use the print head in my old printer, so I've got a backup working. I'm not very technical but found it easy to set up wirelessly through my home hub (not bothered with the email option though!).

4.0 out of 5 stars setting the record straight for the poor old B110a, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
I have had this printer for over a year and have had NO problems whatever with it. I dont profess to be an expert or a super-nerd but I had no problems setting it up and it works wirelessly to a laptop anywhere in the house.

It would be expensive to buy HP branded replacement inks but I buy from 'inks4printing' on ebay at £4-29 for 24ml black and 3 x 15ml colour unchipped cartridges. I reuse the original chips in the holders provided and it all works CHEAPLY! (I dont have any connections with inks4printing other than as a satisfied customer)

Downside? My old HP used to offer OCR scanning and you could select the degree of enlargement or reduction as a percentage of the original. This does neither - but I dont think its competitors do either - ahh - progress...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good print quality, 5 Jan. 2014
L. Tozer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
I have had this printer now for nearly 4 years and have never had anything go wrong with it until now, I do use it however quite a lot as use it for card crafting and tend to print in high quality for most things. The print quality has always been exceptional crisp and clear, yes it uses a lot of ink but if you shop around for the XP size replacements then it isn't too bad, well considering how I use it I don't think so anyway. As a crafter the only think this doesn't do that I wish it did is to take card of a higher gsm as the most it will take is 250gsm, but apart from that I have been very happy with it, now I need a new printer on average for the use mine no matter what make I purchase never last more than around 3-4 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars This printer eats ink and can't be mended, 28 Nov. 2013
S. Latta - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
I have had this printer for just over two years (just out of warranty) and it has just broken down. It appears that lots of people have had the same issues as me [...] and there is no response from HP and no way of getting the printer mended. I am a small business and already spent most of the day trying to get it sorted. I hate so much that things like printers are 'disposable' now. My first printer lasted 10 years and I have now been through two HPs in less than 5. Going to try another brand.
(also when it did work it ate ink - seemed to be permanently low on ink however many cartridges i bought and put in.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
As with others' experience I've had connectivity and cartridge problems. I find it unacceptable to be wasting time on coaxing a printer to work in the year 2014. I've wasted money on replacement cartridges/USB cable - but most importantly I will never get that wasted time back. Have just thrown it out and have bought a simple laser mono printer instead. I feel empowered!

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
Didn't work (would not print) wasted loads of time trying to get it to work. Supplier ignored ALL my emails and has NOT arrange to collect it. But I did get my money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars a printer spawned from the gates of hell, 10 Jan. 2013
Sander (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B) (Personal Computers)
It is *the* worst printer in the history of printers. The wireless connection simply will not work. I have tried everything. Being somewhat of a computer wiz it really shouldn't be that hard to set it up but it just wont work. When you've finally configured it wirelessly and manage to print something, it will just not work anymore 5 minutes later.

Also, just now when trying to print something it ate the paper and jammed the machine. It's constructed in such a poor way that you can't even get it open easily. You will have to get every last screw out to get to the bit where paper jams occur.

I thought I got away buying a cheap printer but alas, it's not worth the hassle. It also drank cartridges for breakfast. The XL cartridges won't last you long.

tldr; Do not come near of this product.

HP Photosmart B110a COLOR (CN245B)
Used & New from: £30.00