Price:£5.14+ Free shipping

on 18 June 2013
I bought this to repair a gummed up Cpu Fan.
My Laptop had begun overheating, and no amount of dust or fluff removal seemed to fix it.
Then I ran a system report, and found the Cpu Cooler never got above 500rpm.
These fans are of the brushless type.

if you use oil or grease on them because of the high temps, it either clogs up very quickly or evaporates.
Graphite powder has none of these issues, I just added a small amount into the Fan Blade spindle hole,
put it all back together, and the problem is solved, the fan is super silent, and whips along between 300 to 1,500 rpm
depending on Cpu Load, for an Intel i7 Cpu running video software, it now rarely rises in temps above 50, usually it hovers around 43 degrees.

the only gripe I would have with this product is its difficult to control how much pours out the spout.
and if you get it on light wooden furniture, its difficult to remove (it stains)

but other than that its perfect, because its a powder it never evaporates, never clogs

saved me a fortune on a replacement cpu fan, as they are custom built
I have also used it to release a sticky padlock on the shed, and even sorted a squeaky upvc Window.
on 19 December 2011
Gradually got tired of my wife and kids shaking the house to its foundatoins by slamming the front door. Had read somewhere that one should not oil sticky locks, but apply graphite powder instead. (Oil attracts dirt and can gum things up over time). Ordered item. Arrived in a day or two. Sprinkled some on the door key, inserted it and worked the lock a few times. Problem fixed. See that it is supplied by a pet store. Don't know what the use on small animals is. Perhaps to stop mice squeaking in the night?
on 4 June 2013
Three stars, because while the product is perfectly good (powdered graphite is powdered graphite after all), the container tends to pump out a lot in one go. So if you only want a small quantity - to lubricate a guitar nut, for example - you might make quite a mess. It's also rather wasteful.
on 4 February 2013
Like others, I'm raving about this. Used on the car last week, all the problems with sticky locks have been resolved, and what looked like a problem with worn keys turned out not to be so.

Next plan is to try it on house locks!

One thing worth noting is the product stains, so on freshly lubricated locks, the key will come out dirty a couple of times, so wipe it on a tissue before putting it in your pocket!
on 11 August 2013
My Nissan Micra 03 keyless car ignition got jammed. Called AA and was told to take it to Nissan to have the lock changed. Not convinced I decided to research the problem on the internet. Read somewhere that graphite powder can solve the problem. Ordered the product which arrived yesterday. I can confidently say that since using the product the car is as good as gold. This has potentially saved me some hundreds of pounds of needless repair work down at Nissan. I will recommend this product for any one experiencing jammed locks.
55 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2012
very fine graphite so shouldn't glogg up your lock like oil. Makes the lock like new if you have had difficulty with a stiff lock. My back door has been difficult to get the key in and out for sometime. this has removed the problem. My daughters flat was always difficult to unlock taking upto 5 mins. now it opens easily.
on 12 September 2011
This worked really well on my Banham front door lock which is now 15 years old. The key was sticking in the cylinder and I thought I might have to change the lock which would be very expensive. Unlike other oils I tried this sorted it straight away and its as good as new.
on 5 August 2011
This product is excellent for maintaining sticky locks. It's quick and easy to use. However, I have a grudge that I had to buy a large amount of it. Also I thought it was quite expensive. I would like to have bought it in a smaller quantity. This product does the job. I was advised not to use WD40 for this particular task. My lock works like a new lock now.
on 29 June 2012
I layed 70 sm mtr of real wooden flooring one year ago. Recently a section of 2 sq mtr developed a squeaking sound when walked on. I read an article on line that if graphite powder was applied to it, this would ease the squeaking. So far (some two months), the squeaking has gone..magic!
on 13 September 2011
Have used this powder to free up a 2003 Nissan Micra ignition key lock and worked miraculously well. This powder has saved me over £300 as quoted by Nissan stating that the lock needed to be changed!!!! Don't change the lock, use loads of Graphite Dry Powder instead and save £100s...