4.0 out of 5 stars A good surprise
Published 8 months ago by RAS

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Music; Confusing Staging
I am not sure about the staging of this opera. Each singer has a double or shadow and it is not clear what their role are. Let us wait for another version.
Published on 19 Mar 2012 by Kitty

4.0 out of 5 stars A good surprise, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Aci, Galatea e Polifemo, by George Frideric Handel (Teatro Carignano, Torino 2009) [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
I had no expectation when I was buying this DVD, the only version of Aci, Galatea e Polifemo, but I had a good surprise. Excellent music, three gorgeous singers, a modern, but very good staging of a dramatic cantata Handel composed at the age of 23. The most controversial in this performance is the use of a shadow actor for each singer, a procedure used already in the Acis and Galatea of Hogwood/McGregor, but without the dancing. It may be seen as confusing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Music; Confusing Staging, 19 Mar 2012