4.3 out of 5 stars1,421
Model Number: 3949948|Change

on 13 October 2011
Boy do I regret buying this printer.
I've had the Kodak ESP 3250 for about a year now and for the first 3 months it was great, but very quickly the quality plummeted. Ink cartridges barely last for any time at all, they do not work out cheap when you have to buy sooooo many. I'm just a regular home user....photos, hobbies, bit of work, not a great deal of printing. The black & white cartridge has a very short life span too. The printer colour quality and calibration is absolutely appalling, no amount of tinkering with it, cleaning, re-setting up or taking up suggestions by the customer services (I challenge you to find the right email address, then I further challenge you to get a reply) makes any difference. I have photos that contain orange people and turquoise skies....I cant print family photos anymore, quality is bl**dy awful. Machine constantly grabs my paper too quickly, intaking it at an angle, chewing it up and spitting it out crumples....nearly every time now. If I'm lucky, the inks just smudge and blurr, no amount of experimenting with different paper choices and brands and computer settings makes any difference. If you are reading this review for just the ink, then I pity you, because I guess you have wasted money on the machine for which it's intended too. I've had many machines, rubbish ones, expensive ones, middle of the road ones, cheap ones.....but this machine and it's ink cartridges are an expensive joke and a farce. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT just use the black ink cartridge when the colour runs out...it wont let you. You are FORCED to purchase another colour cartridge....guess which cartridge runs out the quickest?

Update March 2012: So terrible, I took great pleasure in hurling the Kodak printer onto the electronics and electricals part of the tip for recycling. Have now bought a BROTHER DCP-J315W which is AMAZING. So much better than the Kodak with professional quality photo prints (just as I was used to with all the other printers I ever owned). Cartridges last FOR AGES! Have had for about 6 months only cost £15 more.
99 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2010
A very good product from Kodak Must be the cheapest ink around and it works well. I do a lot of photo printing on my Kodak printer and I find the quality very good.
on 20 August 2010
These cartidges were competitively priced and arrived lightning quick ! An A++ Amazon seller !
on 12 March 2012
Black cartridge worked OK but when colour unit was placed in printer it was not recognised despite many attempts, cleaning contacts etc. New cartridge obtained locally worked OK.
Real problem was that supplier IJT failed to respond to any email ref fault/return for many weeks then advised me to contact Kodak. I previously gave them Excellent review based on speed of service but backup is non-existent hence Poor rating now.
on 25 April 2011
I looked around the web to find the best price for Kodok Combi Ink Pack and found it cheapest at Amazon. The pack was delivered in a couple of days and ordering it from Amazon was better than having to go to the shops, and cheaper too.
on 13 May 2011
I recently came to my senses and dumped my aging HP printer in favour of the Kodak. I finally realised that I could almost buy a new printer for the cost of the HP cartridges - even non HP. I think this deal of twin cartridges for the Kodak is great value for money and give really outstanding print results. Amazon, as usual delivered faultlessly and I am very pleased with this purchase.
on 6 May 2012
Very poor value. I got 97 b+w pages ( I kept a tally because I thought the previous cartridge had run out very quickly) before the ink low warning came on. I only print half paged spaced invoices most of the time so this equates to about 50 pages a cartridge - where does the 425 page claim come from?
on 18 January 2011
I have used this ink before, buying two at the same time. It has lasted me a long time even after printing lots of coursework. Shopping around however it is cheaper to buy elsewhere so look around before you buy. Brilliant ink just check before you buy.
on 15 March 2011
I had a HP printer recently, a very simple no-frills printer, excellent quality, fabulous prints. When the price of a replacement pack of one colour and one B&W cartridge rose to almost £50 (ten pounds less than the priner cost me) I had to think again. I could not find anything cheaper anywhere, here, on ebay, in the shops, anywhere. The compatible ones are rubbish, either low quality or dont work at all, or patchy performance. I bought this Kodak ESP 3250 because I needed a scanner too and the cartridge prices are much less. You do get less ink than the HP cartridges, probably about half as much, but as the HP cartridges are more than double, you still aren't being ripped off so much by Kodak as you are by HP.

Update: the older your printer gets, and by 'old' I mean more than 6 months, the thirstier it becomes! Suddenly those cartridges aren't so economical anymore!
on 7 January 2011
I agree with the previous comments the cartridges are a doddle to install but I only ever get 150 copies per cartridge and only one copy from the low ink warning. The cartridges are cheap and this is why, its a con.Kodak 10B Ink Cartridge - Black