5.0 out of 5 stars quality val
Published on 23 Jun 2012 by sound scout

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
very bad recording. makes it sound like someone else.
Published 22 days ago by diane love

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars quality val, 23 Jun 2012
I bought this recently,for certain tracks I knew of and was rewarded in the main with great songs. The best songs that stand out for me would be, 'elusive butterfly','what would I be','you're the only one','heaven is my woman's love','if I knew then what I know now','delaney's donkey','scarlet ribbons','it's impossible','if I were a carpenter', and 'ring of bright water'- being the most poignant and beautiful of love songs that has little equal.I personally think that the movie version of 'ring of bright water' is better, having guitars as the only accompaniment,and have often found this true of many productions in pop music, either by the same artist at a later date,or covered by others.more is not always a plus,(regarding accompaniment),and I find that solo piano or solo guitar(or at most two guitar accompaniment),is profoundly more effective than any addition of instruments that clearly detract from the pathos or beauty of the recording.however I'm not knocking Val as he has a timeless quality to his voice,and I would not be without this cd,besides which,if you like to laugh, 'Delaney's donkey' is the funniest thing you'll ever hear - just listen to the lyric as it plays,it's so cleverly written with fun in every line,coupled with the music that just sets it off, thoroughly recommended! soundscout

4.0 out of 5 stars memories, 10 Sep 2013
M. Crawford (Isle of Arran, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walk Tall: The Very Best Of Val Doonican (MP3 Download)
Not usually my thing but I was downloading some new albums to listen to on holiday, came accross this, which brought back memories. So I downloaded it. Very relaxing to listen to while lying on a sunkissed beach. That is till you come to Paddy McGinty's goat and Delaneys donkey. Then you make a fool of yourself laughing out loud !!!! Then you listen to them again.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk Tall: The Very Best Of Val Doonican, 27 Oct 2013
Mr. W. D. Ritcher "willrage" (Belgium) - See all my reviews
WHEN MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY THIS IS THE MUSIC MY MOTHER WANTED PLAY AND THATS WHAT MY MOTHER GOT THANKFULLY I GOT THIS CD BACK BECAUSE I HAPPEN TO LIKE VAL DOONICAN MUSIC
SO THANK TO ALL OF YOU WHO MADE MY MOTHER FINNAL DAY COMPLETE

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk tall, 1 Sep 2013
I sent for this C.D because of all the songs on it that we used to sing with the children when they were young and it is a trip down memory lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed!, 31 May 2013
A superb collection of Val Doonicans material, and was just what i had been looking for ,for such a long time. Very many thanks for this excellent quality Cd boxset.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this cd, 1 Mar 2013
All the lovely songs from a master. Excellent. Really worth having to bring back gorgeous memories. And happier times. A beautiful cd

4.0 out of 5 stars Val Doonican double CD, 18 Jan 2013
This was bought as a present, mainly for Paddy McGinty's Goat, O'Rafferty's Motor Car and Delaney's Donkey. There were a lot of songs on the second CD that were not mainstream, but it makes good listening if you are a fan. In hindsight the single CD would have been enough, but with so little price difference it is well worth getting this.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... but as an avid Val music collector this looks like a comprehensive collection of Val's output whilst with DECCA ..., 16 Dec 2014
Mr. Michael Fuller (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I have not bought this yet but as an avid Val music collector this looks like a comprehensive collection of Val's output whilst with DECCA records which as a result I will be buying because I only have all on Vinyl LP's. He then moved onto PYE records and released his No.1 hit album which I wish you could buy on CD called "Val Rocks but Gently"

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 11 Nov 2013
Very pleased with it! Fast delievery, in perfect condition!
Bought as a gift for my gran and she loves playing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 2 Oct 2013
Bought this as a gift for my 84 year old father whose blind, lovely to see him singing & smiling again :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›