5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis Water Purification Tablets
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by N. Shah

2.0 out of 5 stars where's the box?!
arrived in a baggy. No box. Not as described or shown. I'll just have to assume that the tablets (which are inside their foil wrappers) ARE what they say they are!
Published 18 months ago by Mr. R. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis Water Purification Tablets, 6 Feb 2011
N. Shah (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
We used these purification tablets for 14 days in the Himalayas. You simply need to put one tablet per litre of water and wait 10 minutes for them to dissolve. (However as the water we had was extremely cold it took longer and we waited 20 minutes). They worked great and we had no stomach problems. The only down side is the water tastes of chlorine, to combat this we added a powdered cordial (Tang). Highly recommend these tablets for the price and ease to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, tastes fine too., 4 May 2011
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
Used these in the peak district for a few days, drinking not the clearest possible water so I used a couple of extra tablets as instructed, these tablets don't give an overpowering taste of chlorine as I had imagined, just a slight taste, barely noticeable. Didn't have any problems after drinking the water, speedy delivery, would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puri tabs, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
exactly what i was after.. ex-army and wanting the same as were issued,do a little "wild" camping, somewhere near a river and miles from everyone else and carry what i need in my bergan, so want something light and practicle... not expensive either.. good product..

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, strong taste of clorine, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
I travelled through Central America with these tablets and really put them to use. They seem to work perfectly. I even tried them out on river water. If you are using the prescribed dose, the water tastes like swimming pool water. That's a slight downside, but I guess considering the pice you cannot complain. Another advantage is that the tablets are super light (always carried some in my wallet while hiking, just in case) and that they work within 10 min (I don't like waiting for an hour). I would definitely buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars drinkable water in 10 minutes, 23 May 2011
Peter Sonck - See all my reviews
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
I've tried the tablets during a hike in the belgian Ardennes and they worked wonderful.
I didn't get sick after drinking the treated water.
The only side effect is that the water tastes a bit like chlorine but it isn't problematic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
The tablets worked really well when I used them whilst on holiday in Peru. They work quickly (within 10 minutes) and do not leave a chlorine aftertaste either. They are best used in 1 litre of water though so make sure you have a water bottle large enough as the tablets are too small to enable you to cut them in half. Also they cannot be used with metal water bottles so make sure you have a plastic bottle available. Great product at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Experience Suggests Functionality, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
I bought these for going to South America as I was planning on trekking. Couldn't understand how some Cl based water purification tablets could cost so much given the relatively low commercial cost of Cl so I bought these tablets as they were the best value. Having used them for 3 months in South America I can report that I suffered from no water borne infections either from my sterilised drinking water or from my Camelbak which I disinfected irregularly with these tablets. While this does not represent a conclusive field study or analysis of the tablets; nor does it scientifically confirm efficacy, I would still regard it as one positive result and I would personally consider using the tablets again.

The tablets do noticeably change the taste of the water but this is not unpalatable. Furthermore, the taste appeared to improve as the time from sterilisation increased. The tablets do not noticeably change the colour of the water and they dissolve completely so there should be no particulate contamination left in your water unless it was already present in the container or the water itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
These are very good, with in the box these is 5 packs of 10 tabs. The used by date on the ones i got are for 2017, so im happy with that.
I did not get a bad taste of them when i tried it and found the tab was dissolved in the water after around 20 mins, but as has been noted before water temp will effect this, and this was cold out of a tap.

Overall seems like a good product and id get em again.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than carrying water, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
i bought these for my "go-bag". they can be used with running water. they can be used in any container (we use condoms as they dont take up much room) a good amount for the price. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shelf-life, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets (Misc.)
Haven't used this yet - will update once I have. Just wanted to point out: a good shelf-life on these, almost 5 years. I was concerned we might receive something with only a year until expiry but actually pleasantly surprised that these will last us a good few more trips!

OASIS Water Purification (50) Tablets