4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Camera for the price
I have brought this item for my 11 year old daughter for christmas, it arrived well before the delivery date so was very pleased so that I could check it out.

Published on 6 Dec 2010 by Jelly

3.0 out of 5 stars camera for kids?
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by C.Leo

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Camera for the price, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: NEW Vivitar Vivicam 7022 7MP Digital Camera - Red (4x Digital Zoom, 1.8'' Screen) (Electronics)

Considering the price I was quite surprised when it arrived I liked the look of it in the picture but it looked even better in my hand, it's small, light in weight and not bulky and looks far more expensive. It has some good features with zoom, face detection, anti-shake, a screen to view pictures once taken and video capture. Also comes with a USB lead and disc so that you can upload your pictures and video's onto your pc.

I took one star off because it came without batteries (you will need 3 AAA) and a digital card, I purchased the 2GB SD Digital card also from Amazon, but you can insert a digital card upto 32GB .

Overall I am very happy! I hope my daughter will be too!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!!, 9 July 2011
I bought this camera because i wanted it to be cheap and easy! It looks just as the picture on amazon had showed and it's very light.
The reason why i took away one star was because the screen quality isn't amazing, but it's pretty good bearing in mind how cheap it is.
The one thing that put me off this camera at the beginning was the fact that it runs off non-rechargable batteries, to be precise it needs 3x AAA. Also you need to purchase an SD card separately but that was not hard to do.
I was pleased at how quick it arrived given that i only ordered it using standard post but it came in 3 days!
Overall i would say it is a very good camera for the price that it is and i would recommend it to those who are looking for something cheaper but of a reasonable quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Vivitar, 2 Sep 2011
Bought this for my 10 year old's trip to Cornwall with the school. Lovely little camera, easy to use and put onto cumputer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids!, 13 Nov 2011
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My kids were wandering around a family wedding with the camera of a family member and took loads of random shots. Most of them were disasters but some were fantastic pictures which we would never otherwise have seen. Great work by my two little people aged 5 and 7. The good thing about a digital camera of course is that you can easily delete any poor pictures.

This experience made me determined to find a cheap-ish camera which they could use wherever we go. After a couple of disasters (which were quickly returned to their suppliers), I came across this great little item and at a bargain price.

The pictures are very clear, despite the inaccurate and shaky hands operating the camera. The full colour screen is excellent and the controls are simple enough to learn quickly. It's a sturdy camera and takes a bit of knocking around. I've attached a lanyard to it so the children can hang it around their neck and snap at will. It's a shame there isn't a rechargable battery included but for the price I don't feel justified in complaining too much. The AAA batteries are cheap enough to buy in bulk.

Overall a nice camera and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexis camera, 15 Jan 2012
A first time camera for our grandaughter and a very good one it is too - not too complicated and she has taken some fantastic photos with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Child Friendly Camera, 31 Dec 2011
This has been a great christmas present for a 9 year old . Lots of images taken in the mad rush of opening presents, all printed up well. Fantastic price.

3.0 out of 5 stars camera for kids?, 18 Oct 2011
bought this as a stocking filler for my daughter, the quality of images in full sunlight in summer is ok occasionally, if auto focus works (about 3 out every 5 shots). Images in low light are poor and combined with tricky menu settings and no way to default set flash to auto means that I have to set flash every time the camera is turned on or end up with very dark indistinct images when used for indoor shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snapy but good, 18 April 2012
perfect if you store pictures on the computer as most screens can't display more pixels than this one records. great for photos and you tube videos so genrally ideal for those holiday and general use pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk camera, 24 Aug 2012
P. Flint - See all my reviews
the picture is so distorted that you cant see what you have taken a picture of total waste of money

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AND NASTY, 19 Oct 2013
Horrible all round. I bought it for my granddaughter as a first camera but donated it to a charity shop instead.