5.0 out of 5 stars INDISPENSABLE !, 16 Jun 2013
Jeff Walmsley "JW" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Potting Scoop (Unknown Binding)
I've been looking for one of these for 78 years (I didn't start gardening until I was 3) but for all the many hours I've tramped around garden centres, nurseries and hardware shops, never came across one, and began to think they were lost to civilisation. There are alternative ways of scooping compost out of sacks and into pots, of course - half-gallon plastic jars with the tops cut off and the handles left intact, or small coal shovels, or plastic scoops intended for the kitchen, for example, but it's so nice to have the proper thing. This one is quite perfect, stainless steel and so easy and natural to use; if you have lots of patio tubs, or a greenhouse, I would call it indispensable. One generous scoopful fills a 1.5L pot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted and so practical, 23 Feb 2013
Kt (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This beautifully crafted wood and stainless-steel tool is a real pleasure to use and so practical for scooping compost, etc. - if only all tools were so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Designed, 20 Jan 2014
Not many of these scoops about, my old one from a firm long since gone was all you could ask, sadly lost somehow in my recent move, good quality and practical, only time will tell how good it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service, 8 Aug 2013
Jack Hawker (Penlea, Stithians,Truro,Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Very Pleased With Product Shame The Strap Dont Stay On Though But All In All Good & Well Made An asset When Potting Large Containers

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 7 Mar 2014
I had never actually used a 'potting scoop' before and picked this one up on speck when I saw it online while buying a couple of other JB tools that I knew I needed - I could not have been more surprised by its utility! The scoop itself is huge, way bigger that I thought it would be, and has made plotting and planting a thousand times easier! Previously I used a small trowel to fill the pots, and that took quite a while, with this, one or two good scoops and you're done! As with other JB tools I use, the quality is excellent, it feels solid and appears well made - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to any gardener.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery, 2 Mar 2014
I did consider going for the plastic model but I'm pleased I didn't as I could tell after receiving it that this should last years and also easy to keep clean. Not that it was an emergency but all surprised how fast the delivery was.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's huge!, 21 Feb 2014
I really love this scoop. The actual measurements of the scoop itself (without handle) are: 19.5 x 10.5 x 5.5 cm

It is much larger than I expected but I love it. It looks beautiful and sturdy. I can't wait for the spring to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super scoop!, 12 May 2014
D. Currie - See all my reviews
There are lots of plastic scoops, costing a couple of quid, that will do the job just as well, but if you like a bit of swanky class, then this is the scoop for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars STAINLESS and marvelous, 10 April 2014
Christella B. Krebs "Patre Nostru...in celu c... (20218 MOLTIFAO, Haute-Corse 2B) - See all my reviews
The BEST QUALITY one can get! and yet it is not expensive...This is just perfect for a Cat feed scoop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 2 April 2014
A quality product and a joy to use. Fills the pots in half the time and less mess in surrounding area.

Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Potting Scoop