5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
As it says on the front cover , if you enjoyed Shutter Island and Perfect Getaway, which I did, then you'll love this film to. Spot on , in my opinion. Plenty of twists and turns in the last half hour. Really enjoyed it.Weel worth 3. Don't be put off by the poorer reviews. I wasn't and I'm glad I took that view.
Published on 30 Jan 2012 by Roger Nixon

2.0 out of 5 stars not great
I bought this film based on the other high rated reviews here. What a disappointment. The film is quite slow and the acting was bad. It lacked a strong underlying story. I was bored by about an hour so switched the film off.
Published on 25 Sep 2010 by Mr. N. D. Havers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jan 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Entertaining, 14 July 2011
GratuitousViolets "Ash" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
My Thoughts: I didn't expect a whole lot when I seen the premise for this film. Honestly, the premise reads like this is an average teen slasher but it actually is more of a thriller than anything else, and while the acting admittedly isn't on par, Haylie Duff does a decent enough job here without being totally terrible (much better than her horrendous performance in "Pretty Little Devils" anyway). Surprising role here from Lucy Hale of "Privileged" fame, although her performance as a doe-eyed fifteen year old wanna-be seductress was a little bewildering. Not much gore here, but a good twisted plotline, somewhat predictable but the story was actually quite gripping. Don't expect something in the lines of "Shutter Island" with this, but at the same time, do be prepared for a few red herrings and a good twist or two.

The Plot: A young woman with memory loss is arrested and kept in custody by the police after six murders have taken place on secluded private Island. A sympathetic psychiatrist and a jaded and hostile detective must try to make sense of the muddled story coming from confused and traumatized Jenna to uncover the truth about who committed the murders. As time goes on, Jenna's story begins to pour forth in flashbacks as she remembers the trip to her friend Tyler's Island that would prove to be the final trip for six.

4.0 out of 5 stars better than most thriller horror films, 21 Dec 2010
Alan Morton (Alan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Got this the other day on my local second's store, was shocked at how good it really was totally worth buying very underrated film. The whole film had me in suspense wanting to know what was going to come next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed., 24 Aug 2010
Richard P. James (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Ive got to admit I wasnt expecting much, another mindless teen slasher movie (OK I admit Im a fan of slashers). Well this really did impress me.

This was more of a thriller, its very similar to the amazing Harper's Island TV mini series and keeps you guessing as to the killer right to the end (Nearly the end).

Anyway, a very good film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I'm really fussy when it comes to watching films but I came across this on LoveFilm and thought I'd give it a go. I have to say it is one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Didn't get bored at all and I normally do. It is very gripping and the twist at the end tops the film off. Really would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look but don't stare and you'll enjoy!, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I knew nothing of 'Fear Island' whatsoever and in the context of my low expections really rather liked it!

The strongest element of the film is undoubtedly the plot - this might sound woolly, but unlike many teen slasher type films 'Fear Island' has a very good storyline. The film begins at the end then plays out as one of the female victims attempts to recall the detail of her friends island ordeal. This in itself is 'a little different'.

It's also admirable that the SFX aren't over the top and silly; again the film stays true to the storyline and doesn't pad things out with over the top sex or gore.

The audience is kept guessing throughout - in short, we have to work out who the killer is and what his/her motives were. I know, I know, even this sounds woolly, but believe me there are at least two clever twists that take it from average to distinctly good!

If you approach 'Fear Island' to pick holes in it you'll end up with a crocheted blanket of disappointment - okay so the police officer is annoying, the acting a little wooden and some of the decisons of the troubled teens utterly stupid; but I will defend this film to the hilt as one that you can stick on, relax and be well-entertained by.

Have no Fear!

AJM

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradise Lost meets Dead Calm, 25 Jun 2010
J. Webb "jwebb66" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
A really cool thriller, sort of Paradise Lost meets Dead Calm. Has enough twists and gruesome turns to keep you guessing, a few great shocks and a very easy on the eye cast!

2.0 out of 5 stars not great, 25 Sep 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars great twist at the end, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
great twist at the end! but the film is literally awful! so boring! if you love your horrors, this is a waste of time! bad bad bad movie !

2.0 out of 5 stars poor, 5 Feb 2014
Graham k (portsmouth ;uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear Island [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
dont get taken in by the description on the back of the film this is pants ,another film to straight to dvd should have been straight to bin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Fear Island [DVD] [2008]
Fear Island [DVD] [2008] by Michael Storey (DVD - 2010)
4.40