on 2 May 2012
Bought two of these to replace the antenna on TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced Wireless N Access Point

however after much configuration I thought that I was getting no where but I put origional antennas back onto TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced Wireless N Access Point and replaced middle one with this and boom the signal strength jumped up and I can now share broadband from two houses at least 20 metres apart.
on 15 November 2012
I purchased this larger aerial to go with the Alfa WUS036H. It's quite a beast - just over 11" long! Consequently it is also heavier than the original, (just under 7") and the base is not really capable of keeping it upright. I tried both aerials. but found very little difference between the two in terms of sensitivity and gain. Consequently I don't consider it a worthwhile replacement for the smaller, standard one.
on 26 September 2012
I understand why it needs to be long. But so off balance, I ended up using the shorter one.
Silly little suction cup fairly useless. Not even sure if it actually HAS boosted performance any noticeable amount, but at least fools my wife. (smile)

I'm sure there has to be better. I have 50mb fiber optic to my pc desktop. My wife has a new Sony laptop and uses it in room next door. Her download speed was varying 3 - 4mb download. Now 3.5 - 4.2 seems about optimum.
Oh well, wasn't too expensive and probably doing something.
Main crime, not substantial support.
on 10 September 2012
I bought this for use in France where I jump the wi-fi from neighbours.
We sometimes got 1 bar but rarely, I had low expectations for the unit but it was worth a try with my other option being an expensive dongle.
Crikey O'Reilly - It only blooming worked!!!
4-5 bar fast conection..
I'm impressed!!

Ed2000mW 2W 802.11 G / N High-Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter With Original Alfa Screw On Swivel 9dBi Rubber Antenna and Suction cup Window Mount dock
on 17 November 2013
Great range extender for your Alfa AWUS036H.

Side problem: you can have your mobile phone range reduced if you use it in the area of this Alfa 9dBi WiFi Booster SMA.
on 17 November 2013
This has made such a difference to the wifi reception for our laptop. We are currently in a marina with an average signal at best. Our laptop could barely receive it and now has full bars on the signal indicator.
Downside for us, though not specific to the product, is that if the wireless aerial in the laptop fires up as well, the two interfere with each other and nothing is received. It only happens occasionally, despite disabling the internal adaptor.
on 19 October 2014
I ordered two antennas and tested in a semi professional environment using HP Signal Generator and ¼λ antenna, picking signal into an HP Spectrum Analyzer. Got the claimed 9dBi within 10% which is reasonable. The bad news is that I need some 10/15dBi more signal strength in some places so the problem was not resolved. The solution calls for a larger antenna which is impractical. So, if you need some 8+dB in signal strength and better capture area, this antenna might be good for you. But if your environment is tricky with brick walls, concrete and/or steel maybe more power (or a new house) is your solutions.
on 16 December 2012
Bought to replace broken original that came with AWUS036H booster - this is a bit bigger and lots better !
on 11 October 2011
Bought to boost a weak signal from a local "FON" wifi site when out and about. The antenna is teriffic and really does the job, easy to set up.
on 21 February 2012
I did not find any better signals than I did with my 7dBi panel antenna. This is a huge antenna (39cm long) - more like a wand! If you want a stronger signal buy the 7dBi panel antenna which is far smaller, compact and picks ups more signals.