on 27 December 2011
Good, solid design. Bought to replace a troublesome little number bought in a diy store. I'd thought toilet seats were much of a muchness, but so many have such bad fittings (the wobbly, circular type with bolts that can be slid back and forth within them) that the whole lid eventually comes crashing to the floor! I don't know why the hinge/fitting design of this seat is not the standard one, as it is solid and secure, and neatly concealed.
on 16 October 2014
the white seat stains yellow permanently if you clean it with Flash or bleach - I discovered this just after the Amazon return period had expired - Seine refuse to give me a refund - This information is not on the Amazon website. Bemis sent me the instruction leaflet that has absolutely tiny print instructions about not using bleach because it will 'damage surface'. It does not say that it will stain the seat yellow looking like it has been soaked in urine. Ugh! I did not spot this small print. I have had to bin the toilet seat after three months use.
on 21 May 2012
I agree with the good reviews of this seat - solid, easy to fit, no metal bits to rust, smooth action etc, and fast delivery - but it can stain! Beware what lands on it (and is not cleaned up immediately), whether it be whatever you're producing (!) or what you're using to clean the loo. Unsurprisingly, highly coloured loo cleaners and limescale removers are particular offenders; this will be due to what they contain, but loo seats are going to be exposed to such chemicals.
on 23 January 2013
I bought this to replace a very cheap Homebase toilet seat. The previous one was horrible; the hinges were a nightmare to attach, the seat ended up wobbly and in the end the hinges and bolts rusted. Yuck!

This Bemis toilet seat is completely the opposite. It was SO easy to attach - it literally took less than two minutes. The nuts and bolts supplied are (good quality) plastic so they won't rust. To attach the seat, all you need to do is line the holes in the seat to the holes in the toilet bowl, pop the bolt through, and then hold the small handle-thing on the nut while screwing the bolt in tightly.

Once on, the seat looks good and is sturdy. The hinges are just right - the lid opens and shuts easily, but doesn't randomly fall down. The seat looks nice (or as nice as a loo seat can look...). Very pleased with this.
on 9 November 2012
seat lasted about six months before breaking in half. Also stains could not be removed .I think the seat may be MDF material.
on 15 May 2015
Nice shade of white which sits well in an off white bathroom. I like the fact that this is a wooden seat but looks clean and fresh. It appears to be ethically sourced so appeals to me and my own ethics. I thought being wooden it would be warmer to sit on but it still holds the cold, and in a tiled bathroom it can get a bit chilly! Found it very easy to fit. I started screwing the bolts from the bottom but they started to catch on the toilet bowl, so the screws are designed to be tightened from the top too (so don't fold down the little flaps until its fitted), a brilliant idea! The little flaps fold down to cover over the screws and make it look neat and tidy. Its been in place a couple of weeks now and it hasn't budged with a varying array of person sizes. I've had seats in the past that slip to the side and feel unbalanced but this one just sits there neatly doing it's job, with no unwanted surprises. It hasn't picked up any stains or discolouration and wipes clean easily. I only use Method cleaning products so nothing harsh. I had another toilet seat to replace and thought I would try something more budget, wasted my money, should have bought another of these. Best price and quality I could find I think!
on 19 May 2012
This toilet seat arrived promptly & was well packaged.

It is made from recycled, moulded wood & is glossy white in appearance (At first glance, you might think it was plastic, but look closer and it has a smooth, glossy sheen that you don't get with a plastic seat)

The hinges are plastic & so might crack after some years of use. However, I prefer plastic hinges to metal ones, as the metal can become discoloured when it is around moisture, bleach etc.

The instructions supplied described how to fit eight different types of hinge & the diagrams were perhaps a little small (so it made it slightly difficult to identify which hinge you have) However, this is a very minor quibble, as you could probably fit the seat without referring to the instructions (particularly if you've just removed your old seat)

How easy it is to fit the seat, will depend partly on how easy it is to access the back/underneath of your toilet pan. But it just requires putting a screw into each hinge & then tightening a bolt on the underneath of the toilet. It took me approx 5 mins (including unpacking the seat from it's box) and I'm no DIY expert.

You could possibly fit the seat without using any tools. But you might find it easier if you have a large, flathead screwdriver.

I've only had the seat for a couple of days, so I can't say for certain how durable it is. But I have had similar designs of seats from Bemis before and they have lasted 10-15+ years (it's usually the hinges that go)

All in all, I'm completely happy with my purchase, so I'm giving it five stars.
on 3 August 2011
I ordered this on Monday evening and it arrived two days later, despite the estimated delivery being 5 to 10 days. Perfect fit and really easy to install. It's a good quality product, too. Definitely use this seller again.
on 18 May 2011
Yeah this was a bit more expensive but didnt come off hinges and is def more hygenic! what more can you say about a toilet seat???
on 14 December 2011
wow, just fitted this seat, i who doesn't know how to do DIY...very very very very easy to fit, really great... great quality, colour and size are a perfect match... item arrived very promptly too...