5.0 out of 5 stars The King's voice in perfect sound..., 7 April 2011
Can Balkan (istanbul Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
Althpugh people think that the movie was not a winner, I can say the soundtrack is a great success. Improved sound and a few killer songs make it more desirable. BUY IT. !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I rate "Clambake!"., 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
personally i like the elvis Movie soundtracks and theyve repackaged this on its own and not as a part of a "double soundtrack" cd.I was very surprised as the sound is sharper and I like the fact the tracks are in slightly different order i think to the original LP release.Its starts with "Guitar Man",which is always a good start,then we get onto the movie songs that are just fun.Whatever you think of Elvis,the movies were made as a fun watch and not"Bond!",movies.I was very pleased with this and the bonus tracks are back and i prefer this to those horrible double feature albums.nice music...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun soundtrack from a fun Elvis movie., 3 April 2013
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
I always loved this film as a staple of summer holiday viewing as a nipper and I am pleased to say, I still find it entertaining and fun after all these years. It was, and is, one of my favourite (if not my very favourite) Elvis films (although I know not a favourite of the critics !).The soundtrack is also great fun.
"Guitar Man" is a quality tune and "Who Needs Money ?" is a light hearted knock about,whilst "Big Boss Man" is just ideal and "Confidence" has a ring of "High Hopes" about it. The only song I really don't think is up to par is "Clambake" itself (seems a bit disjointed to me).
Hands up, I love the 60s Elvis as much as 50s or 70s Elvis and although this soundtrack (and film) might be seen by some as one of his weaker efforts, I would disagree. But then I am a bit biased.

Clambake
Clambake by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2010)