5.0 out of 5 stars The King's voice in perfect sound..., 7 April 2011
Can Balkan (istanbul Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
Althpugh people think that the movie was not a winner, I can say the soundtrack is a great success. Improved sound and a few killer songs make it more desirable. BUY IT. !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun soundtrack from a fun Elvis movie., 3 April 2013
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
I always loved this film as a staple of summer holiday viewing as a nipper and I am pleased to say, I still find it entertaining and fun after all these years. It was, and is, one of my favourite (if not my very favourite) Elvis films (although I know not a favourite of the critics !).The soundtrack is also great fun.
"Guitar Man" is a quality tune and "Who Needs Money ?" is a light hearted knock about,whilst "Big Boss Man" is just ideal and "Confidence" has a ring of "High Hopes" about it. The only song I really don't think is up to par is "Clambake" itself (seems a bit disjointed to me).
Hands up, I love the 60s Elvis as much as 50s or 70s Elvis and although this soundtrack (and film) might be seen by some as one of his weaker efforts, I would disagree. But then I am a bit biased.

4.0 out of 5 stars I rate "Clambake!"., 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
personally i like the elvis Movie soundtracks and theyve repackaged this on its own and not as a part of a "double soundtrack" cd.I was very surprised as the sound is sharper and I like the fact the tracks are in slightly different order i think to the original LP release.Its starts with "Guitar Man",which is always a good start,then we get onto the movie songs that are just fun.Whatever you think of Elvis,the movies were made as a fun watch and not"Bond!",movies.I was very pleased with this and the bonus tracks are back and i prefer this to those horrible double feature albums.nice music...

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE SOME CLAMBAKE FOR BREAKFAST....YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MAY JUST LIKE IT., 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Clambake [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Although I Am Not A Big Fan Of The Film ...It"s O.K. But That"s About All , Thankfully The Soundtrack Album Is A Little Better, With The Help Of The 5 Bonus Tracks That Were Added To Make Up A Full L.P ,
Just As Well Because The Album Has Some Great Songs From Elvis ...Such As , GUITAR MAN, BIG BOSS MAN, YOU DON"T KNOW ME, THE GIRL I NEVER LOVED . Which Saved The Movie From Being A Huge Let Down, The Track HOW CAN YOU LOSE,WHAT YOU NEVER HAD
Was Originally Written For The Movie But Was Eventually Cut From The Final Edit But Thankfully It Was Included On The Album.
CLAMBAKE May Not Be Everyone"s Cup Of Tea But I Think It Does Merit A Soundtrack Release For The Above Songs That I Have Mentioned And I Think You Should Buy This New 180 GRAM VINYL For Those Songs Alone ....And The Rest Just May Grow On You
Go On Give It A Try....What You Got To Lose ( sorry i just could not resist that one)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
fab

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Clambake (Audio CD)
Not one of his best, but still ok

Clambake
Clambake by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2010)