Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 February 2012
Well again another horrible Elvis release from Hallmark, again they used a very scratchy record as main source for this CD. First i as a Dutchman i feel ashamed that these Hallmark Cd's were pressed in my country, were the CD was invented, what has happened???? Normally we strive for a improved version of any album, but Hallmark does the opposite and butchers this Elvis classic by releasing this horror of an sounding CD. My advise toy you or any Elvis collector like myself, avoid any Hallmark release of The King and only buy original RCA,BMG Sony copies. I myself have one of the first original first cd versions of this album from the early 80's and that one sound outstanding compared to this one. again "AVOID, AVOID,AVOID" and do the same with any upcoming Hallmark release. My advise to Amazon or any other respected retailer, do not endorse these Hallmark horrors.
on 3 March 2014
This would be an excellent 180g soundtrack album, but is spoiled by the addition of 4 extra tracks which have no relevance to the original soundtrack album, Would it not have been better to include alternate takes or other versions of the movie songs. It just seems like wax time have just added these tracks without much thought, and as a result have spoiled the release.
on 6 November 2014
this album is very much so one of the better soundtracks from the movies of Elvis , it is full of catchy toe tapping tracks and also a couple of really great ballads even BIG BOOTS is quite endearing (well somebody"s gotta say something nice about the song...might as well be me) anyway there are very few of Elvis soundtrack albums that fit perfectly with the films and this is one of them , the sound is terrific and nice clear vocals with no nasty static coming through and it has been given the 180 gram treatment which to me is an added bonus, i have always really enjoyed this album and if you have not heard it before (where have you been all these years) well you are in for a real treat. enjoy
P.S. there really was no need for the 4 bonus tracks , the album is good enough on it"s own.
on 4 January 2014
I offered to buy my wife the new Elvis Favourites Album for Christmas, she said no because she had all the tracks on compilations anyway, as she's in her sixties I though why not get her four favourite Albums on CD.
So I bought "G.I. Blues", Blue Hawaii", "King Creole" and "Elvis is Back". She loves them, she's not one for going over the top but she says that these are excellent.
So if you want to hear the "King" properly" you can't go wrong with one of these.
on 8 February 2011
This is the strongest collection of songs put together for an Elvis movie, rivalled only by Blue Hawaii.
Released in 1960 to tie in with the film, which was the first following his discharge from the US Army, the album sold in droves and the film was a huge box-office success.G.I. Blues [DVD] [1960]
The standout track is the classic Wooden Heart which was a worlwide number one hit but all the other songs are much better than a lot of the stuff that featured in later Elvis films.
Tonight Is So Right For Love uses as it's melody the Barcarolle from Offenbach's opera The Tales of Hoffman and comes over very well. There is a slower acoustic version of Blue Suede Shoes and two very catchy songs are Didja Ever and Frankfurt Special.
The musicianship and production are good and Elvis sounds committed and in good voice.
on 23 January 2013
brilliant sound track ,, thoroughly enjoyed listening to the whole album although it was quite quiet but great album ,pleased
on 8 March 2013
used to have copy of this LP but it got damaged so glad to see it on cd and l got myself a copy
on 25 July 2015
Great songs from a great artist, took me back to my teenage years!
on 1 May 2013
Bought for my mother. Saw the film with her when I was about 6 yrs old. She was in her late twenties and an Elvis fan.
This was a mother's day present, what more do you want. And cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 2 May 2015