4.0 out of 5 stars Lights, Camera....Action
I got this as a gift for my husband. It's a good size that just fits in your hand and very easy to use. We had no trouble putting it onto the PC after. The picture quality is not great on the small screen but once it's on the PC it was much better.
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by A. Harborne

3.0 out of 5 stars For what it is its OK
The size of the unit fits in the palm of your hand which I found very good for this unit, use only heavy duty batteries (duracell)as I purchased regular ones and was ready to send the unit back after the batteries failed in 20mins.

Published on 1 Oct 2010 by Mr Stepper

3.0 out of 5 stars For what it is its OK, 1 Oct 2010

Put a 4gb card in it to get 2 hours recording, zoom is not so good and will get speckely if thats a word but the general video recording quality is good for the price, taking photos is also good.

The display screen is fine, but the unit has a light for dark corners which when in use, you are still in the dark corner. this unit is no good for night time use unless the area is well lit (like in the day). My 4 year old uses it and loves it and I am not disappointed with the purchase.

Not sure about the HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Lights, Camera....Action, 27 Jun 2012
A. Harborne "Netty" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivitar DVR508 HD Digital Video Camcorder in Red with 1.8" LCD Preview Screen & 4 x Digital Zoom (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Got what i paid for, 1 Dec 2012
I bought this as a gift for my nephew this Christmas he's 11, loves using his dad's I phone and think this will go down a treat. The quality isn't amazing, but for an 11 year old boy that's going to be running about using it for fun it's perfect. I didn't expect Sony 720P pictures when i made my purchase. It is very small but ideal for what i was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, 30 Sep 2014
D. Johnson "oldplayer" (England) - See all my reviews
Bought for my nephew to mess around and try his hand at film making.
He loves it and takes it everywhere.
Quality is what you'd expect for the price but the play back is great especially as it's 'just for fun'.
Worth every penny of the £20 I spent on it...yes just £20! Brillz!!

4.0 out of 5 stars camcorder pink, 3 Aug 2013
camcorder looks plasticky but its light and easy to carry.Picture quality good however light for night filming could be better.Partner had it for a present and finds it easy to use and thats good as shes not tech minded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Mar 2012
I bought this for my daughter, it's so easy to use (she's 6). She was able to get some priceless videos on the camera, while you need adequate lighting it does perform well and if a 6-year-old can use it, that shows how easy it is really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a first camcorder for children, 14 Jan 2014
This was brilliant value for money, we got this as a bday present for our 7year old and she was really pleased, compared with some of the other childrens vid cams on the market this was much better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the grandsons, 7 April 2013
this was a xmas present for my grandson he was well pleased,
cant fault it for the price he loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam. Do not buy., 11 Oct 2014
Is not at all a HD camera. Is in fact 640x480. Manual refers to menu options to change resolution which don't appear to exist whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value!!, 25 May 2014
i particularly like this item as it is compact enough to be carried in a pocket! which is useful while on holiday