5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of addictive fun!
Published on 26 Jan. 2011 by M. L. Maxwell

3.0 out of 5 stars US copy
Games OK, but I received the US copy of the game not a UK version. Sims 3 is not region locked so it was OK.
Published 23 months ago by B. S. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of addictive fun!, 26 Jan. 2011
M. L. Maxwell (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I am a big Sims fan and was very excited to learn that it was coming to Xbox360 as my pc is to old to play it. I thoroughly enjoyed creating my character to then find a job (in music!) get married and have kids. The graphics are great and yes you do have to wait a little while for the locations to load but it really doesn't bother me. The karma is a really cool and fun way to make your Sims life more exciting. For example giving them extra money or creating earthquakes. The only problem I had was whenever I was in the middle of teaching my toddler to talk and the characters froze until all their bars went red. I sorted it out by travelling into the town then coming back to the house and the characters were fine, though desperately needing food etc...

Pros: Good colourful graphics, interesting karma's and challenges, great decors and house products. Women have real pregnancies, go to the hospital to give birth and get maternity payments which make the game extra fun. The facial features are really in-depth, every little detail is down to you!

Cons: Loading time from location to location is quite slow and sometimes it may freeze so make sure you keep saving it frequently.

The Sims 3 is definitley addictive, I shamefully was on it six hours in a night. I highly recommend it for anyone and any age. Absolutley brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating but addictive!, 2 Dec. 2010
N. Jordan (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'm glad the story mode had gone because now the game is truly open-ended and (providing you have the money) you can go where you want and do what you want. Forever. Now that's freedom.
The major trouble I've had is not knowing how to do certain things. I had to fork out over a tenner for the Guide book in order to find out that I have to go to Buy/Build mode in order to plant seeds in my inventory, but still am unable to find the social transaction that will make my wife and child move in with me. I had assumed getting married would join us as one household but am now finding that I have to ask for permission to spend the night with my wife in her house. I am flitting back and forth between two households, trying to maintain my garden and trying to teach my toddler to walk and talk, and am unable to focus on my career. It is fitting as social commentry but makes for a frustrating playing experience. When you are dating someone you are not able to ask for their age, so it is possible to marry a young woman only for her to age up the next day and be unable to bear children!
I've successfully raised children in the game and the parents finally gave up the ghost and died, but trying to create another generation is proving a challenge. Since my wife and child do not live with me I am unable to control them and when my current Sim dies does that mean my game has finished because I've got no other Sims to control? I might have to adopt just to ensure the family survives.
The range of careers and places to go is quite varied and learning skills is truly satisfying. The graphics have surprised me on occasion. I am amazed by the clarity of the reflection in the mirror and put lots around my home just to gaze at the beauty of it. It's great to see clearly the computer games the Sims play but the range of songs on the stereo is disappointing compared to the catchy tunes of previous Sims games.
I very rarely use the Karma powers and have no real need for them. Similarly I have not wanted to experience the online aspect of the game. If only things were explained a bit more in the game it would be a less frustrating experience. As it is, I am enjoying the game enough to persevere with it and am learning new things all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game!, 29 Dec. 2010
Ms. Leanne E. Briscoe (Birmingham Dudley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I got The Sims 3 for Christmas. I used to love playing it on Playstation and was excited about the fact it was coming out on Xbox, it is a really good game, if you used to play the Playstation versions then you will deffinately not be disappointed with the Xbox version you can now have more floors and can go to other places using the town map and much more! I would deffinately reccomend this game!

3.0 out of 5 stars US copy, 27 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars I Have PC & Xbox 360 Versions !!!, 31 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I have been a fan of the sims series since castaway stories was released and then bought every game since, I have the sims 3 on pc and its amazing but a little costly when adding all the expansion/stuff packs, however i also bought this version and my.. its a clone of the sims 3 for pc, create a sim is exactly the same (and even ads a few hairstyles and pieces of clothing from World Adventures/Ambitions) and the items in game are also the same, the gameplay is..... the same however you get new karma powers which are great fun to use and you earn them by completing wishes, your sims age, go to school, die, can be ressurected as ghosts, have babies e.t.c like the pc version and its really good, the controls are a bit annoying at start and will never be as simple or as easy as the pc version however after about 30 minutes you will find your way around everything, my only gripe is if you are not using a HDMI cable the graphics can look a little fuzzy and are definatley not the best graphics on the xbox 360 and unlike the pc version there is no free roam town, loading times are back, this is not a problem though if you install the game to your hard drive as the loading times shorten down from a few minutes to a few seconds. People who cannot get the PC version because theyre pc cant play it will be extremely pleased, its almost a clone and really a full sims experience, you also get the exchange like the PC version and can connect through facebook or twitter and share your progress.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you cant have the PC version, 4 Jan. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I loved the PC version but my laptop couldnt handle it and kept over heating, so the Xbox version was the answer to my prayers! Its a great game and really good fun like all The Sims games. The graphics are reasonably good, but not as good as the PCs, and is more restricitve as you cant play with multiple families at once (only play one per town so cant make 2 families on same one and get them to interact etc and it loads the maps in chunks than the total free roam on the PC but this isnt really an issue. However the karma powers are really good and dont feature on the PC version (or not on the original one - maybe the expansions) which make the game much better as you can boost all their feelings to max, win money etc when youve enough karma powers from doing things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Game, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Overall I'm very impressed with this game, it's the first time I've played The Sims but after playing Sim City for a number of years, i thought I'd give it a go. Sims 3 is both fun to play and addictive, be warned: many hours will be lost playing this great game! The game arrived within two days of me placing the order and it was in mint condition, well done to the seller and well done EA for creating such a good game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game - Great Service by Amazon, 30 Dec. 2010
A Clark "Clarkygx" (Chilterns, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is a great game. I was quite skeptical before I played it thinking it would be terrible with rubbish graphics to top it off. It's not - it's just like the PC version, but made easier to use for the console. The controls work a treat! It's a must buy if you like the sims. Even though I could have got the game for my Apple Laptop I decided I'd rather be able to play it on my xbox on my bigger monitor and I tend to prefer playing on a console too as it's more fun than using a boring mouse.

I cannot recommend buying this from Amazon enough! They're flipping wonderful! They're always the cheapest website around AND I bought the game at 5pm via free delivery and it came at 9am the next day! You cannot argue with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars sims 3, 9 April 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
bought as a gift for my son and it gives me hours of peace and quiet. A must for any sims fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun But disappointing., 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This installment was a bit luke warm for me. The concept of fulfilling wishes and using karma powers is fairly fun, but it just doesn't feel like it goes far enough. I had raised five generations worth of families and I never fully felt I understood the point of the game. It's fun enough and I got attached to my Sims, I felt accomplished when I completed life time achievements (which seemed the main thing you're meant to do) but that feeling is short lived. I found it a bit annoying I could only have five Sims at once. All in all I don't think it was much of a step forward from Sims 2.

The Sims 3 (Xbox 360)
The Sims 3 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)