5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but so goodie
What I can't understand is how I managed without it until now. I even appreciate the series now more than when I used to watch it on TV in the 70s.
Black and white? No problem, this is part of the story, almost a character in itself.
Repetitions (the recurrent critics about some scenes being re-used to save money)? So what, they are good scenes!
The...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by bibliophage

3.0 out of 5 stars M.I.6
Ah well first I would like to say that I haven't seen it yet and secondly I have but that was a long time ago just after I and my brother was born and we both think that it is funny and scary to
Published 17 months ago by James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but so goodie, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
The dialogues? Always so funny.
In short - it's really a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original is Best!, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love the Addams Family, and I love this box set. I've allready run through all of them twice, and each time I've picked up on another joke or change in the story line. Its great, and a must see by anyone who loves the Addams Family! *Click Click*

5.0 out of 5 stars TWO Seasons, 31 Dec 2011
P. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
For the record, there were TWO seasons of The Addams Family. When they were issued on DVD a few years ago, in order to extract more money from the fans they were spread across three box sets. This reasonably priced set includes everything but they are still giving the impression you are buying THREE seasons. They are split this way inside the box, mirroring the original configuration. This is a deliberate con.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood returns, 13 Nov 2012
M. B. Green "Moo Flew Where?" (North Lincs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
Really great to once again enjoy the Addams Family. All the characters are fond memories from my childhood, watching and laughing at Gomez, Morticia and especially Uncle Fester. How many kids out there didn't try to the lightbulb trick themselves and be bitterly dissappointed it just did not work.. I was always an Addams family fan above the Munsters, less slapstick than Herman and co and who couldn't be charmed by Mortica.

5.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to grow up and have a wife just like Morticia, 9 Aug 2012
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
Yikes, all the TV shows at this price is an amazing bargain that I am envious of. I agree with the fellow reviewer here that there were indeed only two seasons of the Addams and I bought these spread over three sets of DVDs at an inflated price!

The Addams Family were more sophisticated than their TV rivals, The Munsters. They were maybe aimed more at the adult audience and there were constant undertones of what would happen off-screen... Gomez was quite open about this, the wonderful Morticia, more subtle, but she is the best character for my money. I so wanted to grow up and have a wife just like her... hah!

The earlier shows are a little disappointing in terms of picture quality and look significantly older than later episodes.

Despite that, I thoroughly recommend this set to you and I am also feeling thoroughly cheated that I didn't wait until now and get this amazing set at this amazing price...

4.0 out of 5 stars New fan for an old series, 9 April 2013
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this box set on the strength of having seen one episode while standing in a friend's kitchen, about 30 years ago. That was how much impact Thing had on me!

I'm still working my way through the set - there's no hurry. It's awfully silly, but the Addams know that and we all grin together. No possible way of watching more than 2 episodes at a time, but I do enjoy those 2.

Would I recommend you buy it? Did you love the special effects in the films? Did you think the films were brilliant? Then no. This is low budget, corny special effects, awful acting and charming rather than amazing. But I knew that, from that one episode, and it is lots of fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Addams Family Complete series, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
The Great old black and white tv series on DVD. Excellent. Enjoyed every episode and brought back many happy memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utter Briliance, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
I love the Addams Family. I remember them the first time round in the sixties. I remember the repeats in the seventies. The humour is just as sharp and just as black. Forget the films or the later shows this is the original and best. Pity someone can't put the entire Phil Silvers Show out because that would be the only thing to top this.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
This is just pure self indulgence, we watched this as kids and my wife and I are giggling our way through it again. I don't know what a modern audience makes of it but we love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the wonder years, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Addams Family: The Complete Series (1964) [DVD] (DVD)
I use to watch this series of programmes in those wonderful Saturday mornings. Watching it again all these years latter has brought back so many memories, the laughter and joy of just being entertained.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›