5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI convertors
The idea of these type cables is to go via a AV AMPLIFIER or a PVR in order for it to work.The reason for this is that AV amps have built in up-scalers or DAC'S which will convert most video sources up to 1080p including scart RGB so it seems that most of the reviews seem to want to directly connect between appliances.Otherwise a powered external convertor will be...
Published on 31 Aug 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rip off
Well the title says it all; this cable will never work and is a complete con.
HD Component is analogue not digital, digital signals should never be present on the component connectors nor the sound connectors.
I should have known better and read the other reviews first.

I will be testing the cable on my scope before I return the cable for a full...
Published on 21 Oct 2010 by Paul K

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rip off, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: DIGIFLEX HDMI Male to 5 RCA RGB Audio Video AV Component Cable (Electronics)
Well the title says it all; this cable will never work and is a complete con.
I should have known better and read the other reviews first.

I will be testing the cable on my scope before I return the cable for a full refund.

I would of rated this product as zero stars due to this product will never work.

Amazon can you please remove this item from your list before anyone one else gets ripped off by this company.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item is nonsense! (from an expert), 24 Sep 2012
Haven't bought this item but saw it here as I was searching for something else. Just thought I would let you know (as some one who's job is as an audio visual engineer)that the product simply can not work. You will require a powered converter in order to change digital video (HDMI) into analogue video (component) and there's no other way to do it. There's suprisingly few products that will do this due do HDMI digital protection laws and this product definitely doesn't get around it! Any reviews that say this product will work are fake and the chances are the whole thing is a scam. As I said, just thought I'd let you know!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 24 Aug 2012
Do NOT BUY THIS!!!!
It cannot work!!
It receives a digital signal (HDMI) and tries gives out an analogue signal (component) without a converter box (usually around £45) which is physically impossible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 30 Aug 2013
N. Turpin (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to split the video and audio signals from my iPad so I could put the video through my HD projector and audio through my Amplifier and speakers. The cable supplied neither audio or video to either. Apparently a powered converter is required which leaves the question, why would you buy this cable for anything?

Description needs to be more clear as the reviews show that lots of people have mistakenly bought this item like me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Time (and money!), 19 Aug 2010
C. P. Whiting "G Moonwalker" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
As per an earlier review, I attempted to use this lead for my Swedx HD Ready TV and my Sky HD box - it failed miserably (and yes, my resolution settings were correct). Clearly not intended as a method of achieving an HD feed between an HD Ready TV and Sky HD. Quite what it is intended for is beyond me....

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% Not Working, 16 Sep 2011
If you are looking to buy this product for something like an xbox 360 and you want to convert component to HDMI via this cable, perhaps from your HD PVR or just connectors, Im telling you now, it WILL NOT work!

Trust me ive tried the whole thing. At first i thought it was my monitor so i tried it on a TV that i knew was working. i tried with and without this connection to conclude my point.

What you need is "HDMI to 5 RCA component AV Converter" Search that! Its abit more expensive but at least it will do the job!

This is not an attempt to divert customers, its help for uncertain buyers!

-Max

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product. It cannot work, 6 Jan 2011
As i said do not buy this product, it cannot work. I bought one of these and then found out afterwards that it is impossible for it to work. HDMI is a digital signal.RGB is an analogue signal. In order to convert the HDMI signal to analogue you need a hardware device in the middle to do the change over. This cable cannot change digital to analogue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Oct 2010
Do not buy this cable unless you have a decoder to decode the digital HDMI signal as you will be wasting your money. I have a hauppauge hd pvr and want to connect it to my Sky box so bought this cable on the off-chance that it had a software decoder included but it doesn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars hdmi - component cable, 7 Oct 2010
This cable DOES NOT work - between Sky box HDMI output into the Component input of a Samsung TV.

Maybe one of the reviews on this cable is correct - in saying the HDMI output is encypted - BUT more likey a digital signal - which Component input can not decode.

DO NOT buy - if you expect to make this type of connection.

1.0 out of 5 stars DID NOT WORK WITH SKY HD, 12 May 2010
Karl Cronin "kcc" (uk) - See all my reviews
TRYED THIS TO MY PHILIPS PLASMA TV .
IT HAS YPBPR AT 1080I INPUT.
THE SKY HD DID NOT WORK WITH THIS LEAD, SO I TRYED IT WITH MY XBOX HDMI OUT TO TV WITH NO JOY....................