Price:£5.85+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 10 January 2011
The Chord EM-11 Mini Clip-on Metronome is very small at 56mm x 30mm x 20mm (including clip), slightly smaller than a match box. It's powered by a single CR2032 battery which is included. It has a small speaker and a headphone jack which makes it more flexible then some other metronomes. There are five controls, volume, on/off/mode, beat, tempo increase and tempo decrease.

The tempo ranges from 30 to 250bpm and the beat ranges are: 0/4, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 8/8 and 9/8. There is also a 440Hz tone generator available and a clock. The unit saves its settings when turned off so that when it's turned on again, the previous settings remain set.

The unit looks inexpensive yet robust; the clip is sturdy and looks secure enough. The LCD screen is clear and shows the time, tempo and beats per minute or tone generated.

I bought the Chord EM-11 Mini Clip-on Metronome to help me with my running cadence rather than for musical timekeeping and it works well for this. It's not really designed for this use and so I need to take care to keep it dry, but for the price it's an excellent little piece of kit.

I'm going to award this metronome 4 stars, it's small and works well enough. It may not be top notch quality but for the price it would be hard to beat.
on 10 November 2011
I like to run with a metronome and earphone. I've tried metronome tracks on an mp3 player but this is better.

Its tiny and has a clip, so no need for pocket or strap - just clip it on your clothes. You can change tempo in 1bpm increments and there's a rotary volume control.

The sound is a bleep rather than a tick-tock, but that's okay.

The earphone socket appears to be mono, so if you plug stereo earphones in you only hear the sound through one side. That's fine for me, but if you want to hear it in both ears you might need a mono-to-stereo adapter.

It works fine without earphones using the built-in speaker too, though passers-by will wonder why you're bleeping.

Compared to lots of overpriced running gizmos, this ia a great bargain.
on 22 November 2011
The product is fine and I agree with the good write ups. However the first one of these I bought the battery lasted one session and the next day it was dead. I replaced the battery and the same thing happened. I complained and got a new one with a new battery. Same thing, it was dead the next day. I bought new batteries myself, and you guessed it, dead the next day. I got my money back eventually but very disappointed to get messed about for such a little piece of equipment. Conclusion: the batteries where all OK but the metronome drained them.
on 12 November 2013
I bought this for my husband, who has Parkinson's, hoping that the rhythm of the metronome would help his "freezing" problem. First, it is not nearly loud enough, even at top volume and also becomes rather muffled when clipped to a belt. The buttons are difficult to work and the whole thing is shoddy. You get what you pay for but this is a waste of money, however cheap and I hope that I will be able to return it to the seller.
on 4 November 2014
I am extremely disappointed with it as when it arrived, I switched it on and it worked OK. after seeing how it worked, I then switched off. Ever since then it has refused adamantly to do anything and is permenantly switched on .none of the control button work after the first use. Exceedingly disappointed, and I cannot in all conscience recommend the product on my experience. I suppose the motto is 'buy cheap, get cheap'.
on 26 October 2012
Really easy to set up and I think an absolute bargain for the price. I only use it for running and it does the job I wanted it for. I would say that the beep tends to come through mono not stereo if using headphones.
on 30 July 2012
I purchased this product as a gift and from what they have told me it works well and it does what it says it would, but one thing that they said is that it is hard to get to work first of all, when that has been done it has worked fine.
on 27 January 2014
Quite disappointed with the purchase. It worked for a day and then the screen went mad, flashing random symbols. Changed battery 2 times, but no success.
Even when it worked - can't say I was happy with the display settings. There are much better products in this price range here on Amazon. I ordered this one because it was on a prime delivery, but had to send it back 2 days later.
on 27 December 2013
good size and easy to clip on, but product generally pretty poor in my view. buttons keep popping out which then sets a frantic pace and battery has run out on me twice after about an hour, (I've only used it twice!).
on 31 October 2011
I am using this little metronome for guitar practice and is perfect , very small and the clip is very tight , its perfect , thank you