4.0 out of 5 stars Dance on Broadway
This is a game along the line of 'Just Dance' but more complex. You choose the dancer you mimic and generally it is a choice of sides for your moves. Enoyable but takes time to get to grips with. I would say that first time you try any of the dances it is quite complex and the next moves shown too complex to understand.However try for 1or 2 more times it slots into place...
Published on 2 July 2010 by JANE BETT

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
I also have jd, jd2 and I agree with many of the reveiws ie the avators are tiny and are very difficult to see and follow
Published on 10 April 2011 by G. Sanderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best, 24 Jan 2014
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I own most of the wii dance and exercise discs so I can I feel give a knowledgeable review on dance on broadway
Ok first of all if you want a good workout forget about this one, its actually more suitable for small children or unfit people that want to have a little fun,, and second..... the aviators arent the best and a lot of times the camera changes view during the dance routine making it hard to see the moves,as for the fame dance as someone had mentioned as being rigorous,, well I think it was just my shoulders that benefited (slightly) from this dance routine,, would I recommend this wii game?? No not really .but if you do decide to buy it go for a refurbished version of it as you can find them on amazon for a couple of pounds as I think you like me will probably be disappointed at it so dont spend to much money on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is a cabaret, old chum, 4 July 2013
Hal Marshall "I Write Books!" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
This game was recommended to me by my little relatives (aged 8 and 5) who apparently dance along with it all the time. It would help me keep fit, they told me... and to maybe lose a few kilograms in weight. Children can be so cruel, can't they? Not to mention hopelessly optimistic - a few kilograms? I doubt that would make any kind of an impression.

I have to say though, they were more than justified in singing this product's praises. The twenty numbers have been very well chosen and have been plucked from some really decent shows. And, as a fan of musical theatre, it is so exciting to be given this opportunity to attempt some authentic Broadway steps. My timing's not the best - in fact, Corporal Jones could probably do a better job of keeping up with the cartoon performers than me - but it is fun! It makes you sweat too which, although not necessarily a good indication that you're having a good time, is definitely a sign that you're actually putting some effort in. Funnily enough, I used to say something similar to my ex-wife after most of our brief (and, thankfully, rare) romantic assignations. I don't think she really believed me though. I did mention the fact that I've got bad timing, right?

My absolute favourite dance on here is 'We're in the Money'; There are some incredibly complicated little moves in that one. Since I tend to use this game on my own, trying to get a high score isn't too important. Even if you did get a great score it isn't recorded anywhere so the glory is pretty short-lived. Not that I would know about that, as I plough my own little dancing furrow and do the best moves I possibly can, five seconds after everybody else. The fault is entirely mine though, for the on-screen instructions are presented in good time and they are certainly clear enough to follow.

When I do dance with others, my two little relatives for instance, I find that the scoring system can be rather distracting. Especially the way they seem to get lots of encouraging remarks and points during their dancing while I just get a bunch of crosses. It's very tempting to be just a bit too energetic with one or two moves every once in a while and 'accidentally' get in the way of their Wii remotes. One of them will always assume her batteries have gone, whereupon I can very generously donate my own remote and then get out of the way again sharpish. She then carries on racking up the points under my name and everyone's happy! Not that I would ever do such a thing, you understand. Well, not in every dance anyway.

I love the few moments just before the curtain goes up, where you can hear the audience just settling down for your performance. I always really, really hope it isn't press night though, because I know the reviews of my dance moves will not be kind and will probably signal the end of my showbusiness career. My audiences must have been paid to be there actually, for they always cheer wildly for me when I stop dancing. Maybe they're just grateful I've stopped...? Yes, I hadn't thought of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 May 2013
Beanie Luck Spud (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I was looking for something to exercise at home with, without it being really boring.

I hate the gym and i love dancing and the theatre and so this seemed like the perfect combination.

Got it for less than 4 quid like new and it was in perfect condition.

Very happy, thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I hate exercise! but wanted to do something I looked at Just Dance and didn't like the music I then found Dance On Broadway. I thought why not. It is fantastic, so much fun. You dont have to be perfect although after a few times I am at 85% great. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
This game is a great party game! It's not only fun to play with your friends but also on your own! Also, it's a great way to get fit - trust me - those calories will be burned VERY easily!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dance on Broadway - What a Disappointment, 1 July 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
What a waste of time and money. Played it once and will not play it again. Not a patch on Wi Dance. The biggest problem is the rubbish graphics. The dancers look wooden and there are too many figures on the screen. There are pointless backgrounds and the music is rubbish. I was so disappointed because we have all the Wi Dance games, which are so much better, and I was expecting something similar. Do not buy this, buy Wi Dance instea.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what the reviews made out, 2 May 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this based on amazon reviews. It is ok but not as good as the reviews make out. It is harder to follow than just dance and you may not know all the songs, it is not as much fun as just dance either. but for those more serious about dance and want to learn routines to musicals it may be your thing - i feel this one is more of a workout than just dance and i will personally play it more than just dance but if you want something for fun, for parties and with songs you know and love then don't buy this one buy just dance.

I should have read the description more with the list of songs as I love musical films but i only know about 3-4 of the songs on this! Again I have both just dance and this one - and i choose to play this one to keep me fit. but it is no where near as much fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun work out., 5 Feb 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
If you're a dance fan and like to keep fit, this is for you. I practice this solo. I can see however, that you could have a lot of fun at a party with this, competing with each other as to who's got the best moves!

The dances are graded in difficulty and effort required, so you can choose an easier one to warm up or cool down. It gives you a good, fun workout.

There's a great choice of musicals and music to dance to. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better., 4 Dec 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this for my birthday, wanting something for me and my party guests to play and loosen up a little. It takes practice and sometimes the camera angles are a little fast to see what you are meant to be doing. I much prefer Just Dance as it is much easier to follow the moves. The songs are good and once you pick up the dance moves, it's fun, although overall, I was slightly dissapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good choice of songs but..., 16 Oct 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
Although in theory the superior graphics ought to make this better than just dance- and as a lover of musicals this should be just up my street - the choreography is very lame. In Just Dance, each dance is given an individual character and a good variety of well defined moves. Some of these dances are just bland arm waving however. The graphics exacerbate this - it makes one realise what a good idea it is in Just Dance to use human figures even if it looks a bit crude.
Also I guess for copyright reasons, they can't use the Bob Fosse moves for the Chicago songs.
That said, if I'd never played Just Dance, I'd think it was brilliant and it is definitely good exercise. And for kids, it's a great way to learn some classic songs from the musicals.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Dance on Broadway (Wii)
Dance on Broadway (Wii) by Ubisoft (Nintendo Wii)
10.39